Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 07:24 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,322,053 times

Advertisements

Some parts of Mexico seem really cool to visit. I want to see Distrito Federal, Oaxaca, Yucatan, and although it's a bit touristy Puerto Vallarta too since I love the architecture there. But Df is on top of my list, especially the Frida Kahlo Museum and The Paseo of the Reforma and the floating gardens and of course the gorgeous parks on the west side of the city! Let's not even mention the cuisine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2016, 04:08 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,397,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
lol@ that's about it right now- that is a pretty long list.

I also still want to go to Guatemala.
LOL, I know. I would have done several of those trips already but I want to wait until my daughter is a little older so I can take her to places like Peru, Ecuador and Mexico, so she can remember the experience. In Central America I roll solo.

Guatemala is pretty cool, Hope you can make it down there sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Some parts of Mexico seem really cool to visit. I want to see Distrito Federal, Oaxaca, Yucatan, and although it's a bit touristy Puerto Vallarta too since I love the architecture there. But Df is on top of my list, especially the Frida Kahlo Museum and The Paseo of the Reforma and the floating gardens and of course the gorgeous parks on the west side of the city! Let's not even mention the cuisine

Yeah How could I forget DF. There are several Museums I want to see there also, and the food........home of the original al pastor tacos!! I saw a video about a place in DF that specializes in making tamales from all over Mexico. I will overdose on food over there.

Old 06-22-2016, 06:48 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,791,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
LOL, I know. I would have done several of those trips already but I want to wait until my daughter is a little older so I can take her to places like Peru, Ecuador and Mexico, so she can remember the experience. In Central America I roll solo.

Yeah How could I forget DF. There are several Museums I want to see there also, and the food........home of the original al pastor tacos!! I saw a video about a place in DF that specializes in making tamales from all over Mexico. I will overdose on food over there.
That would be very memorable and unforgettable for your daughter- I think traveling is the best life experience for children.

Omg DF is a paradise for foodies...I just spend my time eating when I'm there. Lol. Of course there are the museums, nightlife, culture and history too.

This video is great once you get past the intro- an American guy who ate street food all over the city and captured great images of it in a 30 minute video:

[url]https://youtu.be/XLNubifolJM[/url]

Old 06-23-2016, 06:39 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,397,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Those tostadas looked amazing. All the food looked amazing, the quantity was impressive too.

Thanks for sharing that.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:12 AM

27,555 posts, read 28,641,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
If you could take a trip to anywhere in the Americass right now regardless of cost where would you go and why?
I feel somewhere in South America calling. Maybe Chile or Argentina.

It would be nice to check out these countries sometime.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:10 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,721,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post

We have been travelling with our child since she was 3. It can be tricky ex some times you have to modify what you see and do to make it alot more age appropriate and safe. I am not sure my child remembers everything (but neither do I ), but I have the pictures to prove it so any time I get the .. oh you never take to anywhere, I just point at photos ! Harder moments ex going up the towers in The Cathedral of the Holy Cross in Barcelona holding a toddler (then realizing she could actually slip throught the windows and it is too late to turn back ... scary), tombs in Egypt, Venice ( I have been with adults that accidently slip in to that water so that stroller seat belt what on tight ) and Markets in Egypt and Morocco where it is crazy easy to get lot and spend hours and hours trying to find the exit. I have never had any problems, but in compared to when I travel without a child it cost more because I am more selective as to what hotets I will stay at. The last 2 years we at times go kid free. If I go to Colombia, Brazil or Mexico ... I am going kid free, but I have parents that can take over for me if I am away so I dont feel as guilty going. At a certain age my child stopped wanted to go with us and wanted to stay to play with freinds.

Not to underestimate the roles of dad's and father's, but when I travel with my husband and child I dont really get that much of a break beacuse I get stuck packing and planning for everyone. If I really want a break I got to leave them both behind or at least one of them is often a happy medium !

Old 06-24-2016, 12:49 PM

881 posts, read 921,784 times
Antigua and Barbuda
somewhere in USA
Suriname

because exotic and different from the Hispanic culture I'm used to.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:27 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,721,454 times
Default Suriname

Quote:
Originally Posted by joacocanal View Post
Antigua and Barbuda
somewhere in USA
Suriname

because exotic and different from the Hispanic culture I'm used to.
Suriname ... cool. I personally don't hear much about this country.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:09 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,322,053 times
It's kinda funny, everyone I know either hates Colombia and thinks it's a third world hellhole, or is in love with Colombia and thinks it's the greatest place on earth. It's like there is no in-between, you either love Colombia or you hate it. In general I think those who actually visited there seem to fall in love with it. Seems like the nature and the coffee and the pan de bono makes everyone addicted lol

Interestingly the girls who visited Colombia seem to love it the most, which is weird cause like most of the girls in college only care about Cancun/London/Paris, maybe there really is something magical about Colombia

Old 06-27-2016, 10:20 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,281,907 times
Without question: Alaska.

For one, it's one of 5 states I've never visited (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas). I've been as far north as Lake Louise/Banff, but Alaska has always been on my bucket list. I've been to Hawaii and the Caribbean so as much as I love a tropical feel it's a comfortable been there done that feeling. I've been through the Rockies and loved it. I can only see in pictures the majestic beauty of Alaska and would love to witness it first hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas