Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2010, 12:12 AM

6 posts, read 12,495 times

Advertisements

Hello!!

I will be in Anchorage by next Thursday 09/30 but have actually been having a hard time trying to find a place to rent. Sooo I figured I would ask here! I will be working in Eagle River so im looking in that area.

I am looking for a 2b preferably 2bath but 1 will be ok. All utilities included.. if not thats fine too. The max for rent im willing to pay is $1200. I also have a dog.. a lab about 50 lbs.

If anyone has any suggestions or know of anything please let me know!! I can't wait to be up there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 06:19 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,764,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabettie View Post
Hello!!

I will be in Anchorage by next Thursday 09/30 but have actually been having a hard time trying to find a place to rent. Sooo I figured I would ask here! I will be working in Eagle River so im looking in that area.

I am looking for a 2b preferably 2bath but 1 will be ok. All utilities included.. if not thats fine too. The max for rent im willing to pay is $1200. I also have a dog.. a lab about 50 lbs.

If anyone has any suggestions or know of anything please let me know!! I can't wait to be up there!
huh???? you should have posted this a week ago....you might wanna look at a calendar...your late....today is Oct. 1!!

Old 10-01-2010, 09:50 AM

I knowwww!!! HAHAHA Wellll I have family up there and I THOUGHT they were getting it taken care of while I was moving my house and getting everything wrapped up here butttttt they didn't.... and they just told me. Hahah soooo im just reaching out to different places to try and figure something out. I may just have to stay in a hotel for a lil bit.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:47 AM

2,358 posts, read 5,987,928 times
I'm not from Eagle River, but I spent all summer 2009 and part of this summer there with friends who live in ER. I have no clue what the rental housing is like, but if you do have to stay in a hotel, the Eagle River Motel has some suites. My friend and her family stayed there for 2 months (with little kids) and while she said it wasn't home, it was ok and reasonably priced. I'm definitely jealous you're moving there! Good luck!!

Old 10-01-2010, 08:05 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,764,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabettie View Post
I knowwww!!! HAHAHA Wellll I have family up there and I THOUGHT they were getting it taken care of while I was moving my house and getting everything wrapped up here butttttt they didn't.... and they just told me. Hahah soooo im just reaching out to different places to try and figure something out. I may just have to stay in a hotel for a lil bit.
WOW that blows....sorry that happened....hope all works out for you!

Old 10-01-2010, 08:54 PM

167 posts, read 423,043 times
Have you tried Craig's List Anchorage?
Oct 1 - $1100 / 2br - Nice Birchwood Duplex (http://anchorage.craigslist.org/apa/1983586698.html - broken link) - (Birchwood/Chugiak)
This was just posted, it's 8-9 miles from Eagle River.
Here's the ad:
Large two bedroom one bathroom duplex for rent upper unit. W/D in unit. Quite neighborhood with large yard. Tenant pays electric, landlord pays gas and garbage. No smoking pets on approval.Address is 20885 S. Birchwood Lp. If interested call Kevin 830-7911
Apparently he will accept your dog as long as he doesn't smoke
Seriously, post an ad (it's free) in the housing wanted. Be clear about what you are looking for. I had to find housing in VT for my daughter and we found the perfect place by advertising on Craig's. The landlord contacted us.
Good luck

Old 10-01-2010, 09:47 PM

376 posts, read 833,336 times
Keep in mind that some of that expense to live in a motel may be used for tax deductions!

Old 10-02-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD2AK&ME View Post
Have you tried Craig's List Anchorage?
Oct 1 - $1100 / 2br - Nice Birchwood Duplex (http://anchorage.craigslist.org/apa/1983586698.html - broken link)- (Birchwood/Chugiak)
This was just posted, it's 8-9 miles from Eagle River.
Here's the ad:
Large two bedroom one bathroom duplex for rent upper unit. W/D in unit. Quite neighborhood with large yard. Tenant pays electric, landlord pays gas and garbage. No smoking pets on approval.Address is 20885 S. Birchwood Lp. If interested call Kevin 830-7911
Apparently he will accept your dog as long as he doesn't smoke
Seriously, post an ad (it's free) in the housing wanted. Be clear about what you are looking for. I had to find housing in VT for my daughter and we found the perfect place by advertising on Craig's. The landlord contacted us.
Good luck
WOW!!! Thanks!!! I will be sure to post an add today!! Living here in Phoenix its not recommended to use Craigslist since theres sooo much crime etc lol but it's probably different up there so ill give it a try!!

Old 10-02-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL551 View Post
Keep in mind that some of that expense to live in a motel may be used for tax deductions!

OooOOOOo I didn't even think about that!! I knew I could for my other moving stuff but not that. I will be sure to keep track of that!! Thanks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage