Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 12:42 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,639,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLGRUMPY View Post
I next time he licks his balls and licks you in the face give it some thought.
When it comes to stuff like that, dogs can only dream about being as creative as humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 12:49 PM

54 posts, read 104,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-Cathy View Post
the economys going bad here to, cost of living is high, and we dont need eanymore discusting dogs here

Grumpy's bias is showing and he (Grumpy is probably a he) is living up to his chosen moniker. Not only is he irrationally hostile to innocent pets rather than their ignorant, neglectful and irresponsible owners, but he is also literacy challenged too, which is one of my pet peeves most especially since misspellings on CD are underlined in red as a handy dandy little helper. A small thing I know, but how hard is it to correct spelling errors for clarity?

What started out as a legitimate complaint (chronic barking, loose, running dogs and then people not cleaning up after pets) morphed into dog bashing by some including the OP. This leads me, and probably most of us, into not caring a bit to help address his problem as most of those problems (and I'm sure there are many) are likely self made anyway. So just stew in those old misery juices Grumpy and go to the devil, is what I believe many are saying or would like to say.

A predictable but unfortunate turn for the real and important topic at hand.

I'll stop here before I get myself in trouble with the moderators.

After Nephler's little but succinct commentary I think you are probably safe Bear.
lol nice come back. and my spelling is not great i know, but you just counterdicted yourself by picking on my ability to spell. And i wasnt looking for help when i started this discussion, just voicing my openion. and im sorry to tell you theres no devil or tooth ferry.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:38 PM

54 posts, read 104,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
It's quite obvious you're just an uneducated, hates the world, problems with neighbors, sorry old man. If dogs are so disgusting, or discusting as you spell it, why did you ever have one?
WRONG-I went to school, Dont hate the world, get along with most neighbors and im not that old thank you. And im doing quite well in life even if i cant spell. lol. Seems that some people (maybe not you) are upset with my openion of dogs and dog owners so you attack my ability to spell, must be because they are the people that have dogs or a dog that is out of control, and you dont care. I knew i would get a lot of bad replys when i started this forum, but glad i did, have got many good replys also, and maybe the people reading this forum that have dogs that bark and anoy other people will try to train thier dogs. Some of us can only hope.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:00 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,770,208 times
Grump, I think that it's your advocation of beating dogs that people are taking issue with.

For anyone who cares, one of the words I types in the above sentence has a red squiggly line under it...nonetheless, my spelling of it is quite proper.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:22 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,871,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
all of our dogs provided exactly this that you are bringing up an did so without us every having to hit, yell or punish them in order to show them what was expected of them. They were all also companions as well. they also all house trained without ever having to "rub" their noses in it...that is one of the worse things you can do to an animal.
Disciplining doesn't require hitting or yelling. If your dogs obey you unquestioningly, then I am sorry to inform you that yes, they are under your control, and yes, you are their alpha. If you came by that by fully humane methods, that's wonderful. But don't kid yourself - you're still their boss, so maybe don't get so judgmental about other people being honest with themselves about how a healthy dog-human relationship works, i.e. that the dog is subservient.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:40 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,159,707 times
English 101, on City-Data.com!

Old 02-07-2011, 02:43 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,750,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Disciplining doesn't require hitting or yelling. If your dogs obey you unquestioningly, then I am sorry to inform you that yes, they are under your control, and yes, you are their alpha. If you came by that by fully humane methods, that's wonderful. But don't kid yourself - you're still their boss, so maybe don't get so judgmental about other people being honest with themselves about how a healthy dog-human relationship works, i.e. that the dog is subservient.
hahaha...never said we were not their boss...never said that they were not under my control????
of course the pet owner is the alpha...if you call pointing out that abusing and animal in the guise of training is being judgmental so be it.....subservient?? what ...where is this coming into this?? this is getting misconstrued.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:47 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,445,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
????????

Old 02-07-2011, 05:31 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,750,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
????????
yeah really??????????:smack :

Old 02-07-2011, 05:47 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,871,666 times
Quote:
hahaha...never said we were not their boss...never said that they were not under my control????
of course the pet owner is the alpha...if you call pointing out that abusing and animal in the guise of training is being judgmental so be it.....subservient?? what ...where is this coming into this?? this is getting misconstrued.
Quote:
Never said anything about pampering animals..."master" is a control issue...harmonious living is the key...mutual respect will get you more companionship from an animal than anything.
You sure sounded like you were opposed to being the "master," unless control issues are supposed to be good things...I've sure never heard that phrase used positively before!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage