Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2012, 11:41 AM

138 posts, read 429,753 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a good divorce attorney who also helps with custody matters. Had anyone here had any good experience with one? If so, respond to this thread our send a pm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 11:45 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,064,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kat2003 View Post
Had anyone here had any good experience with one?
It's possible to have a "good" experience in such a situation?

Old 06-25-2012, 11:50 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,133,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kat2003 View Post
I am looking for a good divorce attorney who also helps with custody matters. Had anyone here had any good experience with one? If so, respond to this thread our send a pm.
I went through a divorce earlier this year involving custody matters as well. I was blessed, in that, my ex was willing to work with me because she realized that we would both get raped through the attorney fees. I would strongly urge you to go the same route, IF AND ONLY IF, your soon-to-be ex-spouse is willing to be reasonable. You can file your own paperwork and it will be quick and relatively painless financially for both of you.

I hope it works out well for you.

God bless

Old 06-25-2012, 12:07 PM

Of course it's not a good thing but I'm not trying to have a larger nightmare on my hands. The sad reality is that he just wants to win and for him it's not what is best for the kids. Id rather fight for both than to leave one or two with someone who can't financially take care of them and is lacking in responsibility. There is no way that a reasonable agreement can be made in this case. I know courts will have to be involved.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:16 PM

14 posts, read 34,842 times
Gary Eschbacher handled mine over 18 years ago...His son handled my friends a couple years back. Both are still in the business and both got us each what we were fighting our Ex's for, 50/50 joint and legal custody.

Wasn't cheap, though. I think I spent a total of $16K in attorney fees (in 1994 money) over the course of a year, and that was just to arrive back at what we had originally requested in our answer to the petition. Still, I have a happy, normal 19year old, and I got to be a part of her life growing up, so it was a bargain for me.

Good luck.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:21 PM

339 posts, read 591,602 times
Umm My ex was unreasonable until he realized I was getting one with or without his cooperation, and would not give up either of our boys. I did agree to argue before the judge for him to pay a minimal amount of child support. I just wanted out and my kids.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:55 PM

Oh wow. I am thinking about just doing it Pro Se. Just want the kids and the possibility of relocating. Not asking for any kind of support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage