Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 11:33 AM

2,398 posts, read 3,835,211 times

Advertisements

Back to Cabela's. Kansas City has a huge store and even being a "girl" I love the place. Yuppy or not between Eddie Bauer and Cabela's, my DH is clothed with stuff that wears like iron even though he's terribly hard on clothing. We happen to hit their post holiday clearance sales, most of the stuff being too warm for the plains, we carted it back to AK. He's hooked on the flannel lined jeans. Bonanza!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 11:17 PM

339 posts, read 588,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-Cathy View Post
Back to Cabela's. Kansas City has a huge store and even being a "girl" I love the place. Yuppy or not between Eddie Bauer and Cabela's, my DH is clothed with stuff that wears like iron even though he's terribly hard on clothing. We happen to hit their post holiday clearance sales, most of the stuff being too warm for the plains, we carted it back to AK. He's hooked on the flannel lined jeans. Bonanza!

Wondered about those jeans. Been tempted to get some but just wasn't sure. Now I'll have to get, atleast. a pair.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:22 AM

2,398 posts, read 3,835,211 times
My husband says that they are the most comfortable jeans he's ever worn. My brother in-law, a die hard Levi's man who resisted trying those jeans for years finally got a pair and you can't pry him out of the Cabela's in the winter. If I weren't so hot natured, I'd get a pair myself but I'd surely burst into flames with the extra layer. I've tried them on. They do feel nice on the skin.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:38 PM

4 posts, read 4,894 times
man, why can't we get like a dr jays or ikea up here? we got enough outdoor stores up here. i do my huntin in da bedroom, nah mean

Old 09-13-2012, 05:49 AM

287 posts, read 599,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-Cathy View Post
He's hooked on the flannel lined jeans. Bonanza!
L.L. Bean came up with those first, about 30+ years ago if memory serves me... Originally from Maine, I like[ed] the original L.L. Bean, they have become just another store over the past few years, but the original store is still there, and they still make a lot of the things they sell. Also have one of the best boot / shoe warranty there is.

I think Cabela's and Bass Pro pump pure oxygen into the stores which give you sense of euphoria and cause you to spend more money than you wanted or ever intended in the first place.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it...

Old 09-13-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbrewmeister View Post
L.L. Bean came up with those first, about 30+ years ago if memory serves me... Originally from Maine, I like[ed] the original L.L. Bean, they have become just another store over the past few years, but the original store is still there, and they still make a lot of the things they sell. Also have one of the best boot / shoe warranty there is.

I think Cabela's and Bass Pro pump pure oxygen into the stores which give you sense of euphoria and cause you to spend more money than you wanted or ever intended in the first place.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it...
lmao So that's what happens? I thought it was the "new gear smell". You know like a new car smell? I can't go in and look, or keep within my budget. Gotta spend, spend, spend. My cash flow hates it when I see a sign for there, they know there is pain coming

Old 09-13-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stAK Bundlz View Post
man, why can't we get like a dr jays or ikea up here? we got enough outdoor stores up here. i do my huntin in da bedroom, nah mean
You can always go to Seattle There's an IKEA there. Don't know the other company. Not "hoodie" enough and probably way too old.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:51 AM

287 posts, read 599,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaNana View Post
You can always go to Seattle There's an IKEA there. Don't know the other company. Not "hoodie" enough and probably way too old.
LOL - that made chuckle... and think of a co-worker spending $165 for a pair of jeans for his 14yo kid... He'd better get a job...

Old 09-19-2012, 01:50 PM

63 posts, read 168,632 times
I like Cabela's and I used to shop there when I lived in the states. But I think the chain opening a store in Anchorage dilutes our city's character a bit. Just another national chain...

Old 09-19-2012, 02:01 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaMatt View Post
I like Cabela's and I used to shop there when I lived in the states. But I think the chain opening a store in Anchorage dilutes our city's character a bit. Just another national chain...
I have news for you, if you live in Anchorage then you STILL live in the States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage