Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 05:33 PM

319 posts, read 963,938 times

Advertisements

i went to anchorage once and i think i did see a pretty girl. went to sitka once i did see a pretty girl so i married her. ain't seen one since.been 35yrs now. i'm still lookin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 06:39 PM

15 posts, read 20,146 times
The colder it gets, the better they look.

An ugly girl at 50 degrees is a drop dead hottie at -35 degrees.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:43 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,172,263 times
I've heard they are cute... but a little cold.

Old 09-06-2014, 02:14 PM

836 posts, read 1,663,279 times
saying i heard: a 10 in alaska is a 5 in the 48

Old 09-06-2014, 06:25 PM

675 posts, read 645,770 times
UAA has a gymnastics team.

Old 09-07-2014, 06:39 AM

2,676 posts, read 2,631,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne14 View Post
I'm considering attending UAA. I'm in my early-mid 20s. Spent the last few years working seasonally in Alaska deciding what I want to do. Obviously, anywhere I go there will be pretty girls. But how does Anchorage stack up overall in that category compared to the rest of the US? Seems the rep for Alaska is that most women who go there are "butches." Will I have trouble meeting pretty girls there? Are they friendlier in general?
"A pretty face don't make no pretty heart" - Robert Palmer

Very wise words That's a mistake you don't want to make.

Best of luck, I hope everything works out well for you.

Old 09-07-2014, 07:21 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,062,120 times
I would think the girls of Anchorage are pretty and fit, especially this time of year because the May thru September period in Anchorage is a very outdoorsy time.

Much like the plants that get extremely ripe in the long hours of summer daylight, the girls are outside more this time of year and this makes for good health and beauty. In June it's the 24-hour solar flare for golf and kayak season...then August and September it's still not too cold and days are still quite long (in anchorage September the darkness is on the morning but still plenty of light on the evenings). Outdoor activity makes one slim.

Also Anchorage girls will tend to have a pretty and pale complexion (skin very healthy with less damage from UV) if local because the sun intensity is never too extreme above parallel 60 latitude. But some of the college girls are transplants and possibly those who would choose Anchorage would be on the daring/adventurous side and the physical fitness in this group tends to run high as well.

Also certain muscle groups are used more by Alaskans... The shins (uphill climbing, arm muscles from lifting camping gear, hiking, canoeing

In winter you will see how pretty everyone looks in their winter jackets. You know anchorage doesn't get subzero weather the way Fairbanks does because of the coast, but the windchill in Anchorage makes winter feel almost as cold as Fairbanks. Fairbanks temperatures wise gets MUCH deeper cold in winter because the coastal pacific air is completely blocked by the Denali mountain range between Anchorage and Fairbanks.

Also Within Alaska, Anchorage will give more natural moisturizing on skin surface because of the gentle moderating moisture off the pacific. You want to see even prettier girls drive down to Homer and Seward, remember that singer "Jewel" who sang "who will save your soul"...she was from the peninsula.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jewe...rd%3B208%3B243

Last edited by EricS39; 09-07-2014 at 07:54 AM..

Old 09-07-2014, 11:24 AM

73,062 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
I would think the girls of Anchorage are pretty and fit, especially this time of year because the May thru September period in Anchorage is a very outdoorsy time.

Much like the plants that get extremely ripe in the long hours of summer daylight, the girls are outside more this time of year and this makes for good health and beauty. In June it's the 24-hour solar flare for golf and kayak season...then August and September it's still not too cold and days are still quite long (in anchorage September the darkness is on the morning but still plenty of light on the evenings). Outdoor activity makes one slim.

Also Anchorage girls will tend to have a pretty and pale complexion (skin very healthy with less damage from UV) if local because the sun intensity is never too extreme above parallel 60 latitude. But some of the college girls are transplants and possibly those who would choose Anchorage would be on the daring/adventurous side and the physical fitness in this group tends to run high as well.

Also certain muscle groups are used more by Alaskans... The shins (uphill climbing, arm muscles from lifting camping gear, hiking, canoeing

In winter you will see how pretty everyone looks in their winter jackets. You know anchorage doesn't get subzero weather the way Fairbanks does because of the coast, but the windchill in Anchorage makes winter feel almost as cold as Fairbanks. Fairbanks temperatures wise gets MUCH deeper cold in winter because the coastal pacific air is completely blocked by the Denali mountain range between Anchorage and Fairbanks.

Also Within Alaska, Anchorage will give more natural moisturizing on skin surface because of the gentle moderating moisture off the pacific. You want to see even prettier girls drive down to Homer and Seward, remember that singer "Jewel" who sang "who will save your soul"...she was from the peninsula.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jewe...rd%3B208%3B243
I would not be surprised to see a more outdoorsy lifestyle in Alaska. As for being pale in complexion, that depends on ethnicity. If you are White, odds are you will be pale in complexion. If you are Pacific Islander or African-American, or Native American odds are you won't be pale

Old 09-16-2014, 07:31 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,867,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
Must not be looking in the right places NewbiePoster - I think you need to change your lifestyle or places you hang out.

At the risk of getting in trouble with my wife, this summer I have seen plenty of attractive women around Anchorage and Eagle River. I wouldn't know about marital status - although some of the ones I ran into were with their husbands/boyfriends.
Bear in mind that a large percentage of those would be touristas. Anchorage looks a bit different on the off-seasons.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:38 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,527,391 times
I doubt they are all touristas NewbiePoster... They may be recent transplants though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage