Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 09:08 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,282,820 times

Advertisements

I had better luck with the women (ok, a woman ) in Soldotna. The Alaska State Balladeer, Hobo Jim, has a show that makes for a really good time.

In Anchorage I stayed at the Spring Hill Suites on the campus of UAA a couple of times, the off leash dog park next to it was excellent, and I saw plenty of good looking ladies exercising their dogs or themselves. Never figured out where the UAA night life is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 10:01 AM

119 posts, read 147,495 times
probaly not that great! Not much motivation to be active and fit when its -15 degrees!

Old 09-17-2014, 10:07 AM

4,715 posts, read 10,530,316 times
Then why are most babies born in the in Sept. - November time frame?

Old 11-03-2014, 12:39 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,234,323 times
I take classes at UAA for personal interest and UAA has a concentration of young attractive women, they are all over. Which makes sense as its a university with mostly bachelors degrees. I got my first bachelors in Colorado and I honestly did not see much difference with the dating scene.

It will largely depend on how attractive you are to the ladies. I would say Anchorage has more options for us guys who are average at best.

Old 11-03-2014, 01:36 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,868,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
Must not be looking in the right places NewbiePoster - I think you need to change your lifestyle or places you hang out.
Just talking about walking around downtown and in residential areas. The owner of the B & B I stayed at was obese, as were here gf's. I didn't make it to the uni campus. That's the obvious place to look for healthy-weight women.

Old 01-15-2015, 11:10 AM

2 posts, read 5,763 times
This entire post made me cringe.

Old 01-18-2015, 03:44 AM

421 posts, read 411,916 times
Actually, it does kindof sound like they are talking about meat on a hook.

Old 01-19-2015, 01:32 PM

26 posts, read 76,006 times
Default Puh-leeze!

If the OP's post was "How are the men in Anchorage?", I doubt there would be much, if any, criticism at all. Way too much sensitivity in the world these days! Physical beauty, regardless of gender, is important to some people. There is nothing wrong with that. How many people on this site can honestly say that "attractiveness" was NOT part of the initial evaluation of their significant other? Now, if one can't look beyond physical features in a relationship... catastrophic failure is sure to loom! All this being said, I'm no physical specimen by any means! Thankfully, my wife's vision has always suffered!

Old 01-26-2015, 12:02 PM

2 posts, read 5,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
If the OP's post was "How are the men in Anchorage?", I doubt there would be much, if any, criticism at all. Way too much sensitivity in the world these days! Physical beauty, regardless of gender, is important to some people. There is nothing wrong with that. How many people on this site can honestly say that "attractiveness" was NOT part of the initial evaluation of their significant other? Now, if one can't look beyond physical features in a relationship... catastrophic failure is sure to loom! All this being said, I'm no physical specimen by any means! Thankfully, my wife's vision has always suffered!
Nah id still feel the same cringey-ness if it was about mens attractiveness. I think the fact that that's one of the OPs #1 priorities is whats getting me.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:48 PM

399 posts, read 686,093 times
Nothing wrong with the question asked. He's at the age where people- guys AND gals- are focused on finding a SO. Of course he wants to be attracted to her. It's physiology!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage