Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 11:16 PM

12 posts, read 47,739 times

Advertisements

If you are looking to go quickly the best way would be to use Condor to/from Frankfurt and connect to Scandanavia from there. This is only in the summer mind you. The best rates are going to Europe early in the summer and to Alaska at the end of the season. My mother and I have looked into going that route from time to time and have found that if you are not going/comming from Germany flying Condor may not be the cheapest because you would have to purchase an additional ticket to get to/from your European destination. When I went to Germany and the UK in January we got farily good connections from Anchorage to Heathrow via Chicago. Also, in a new development, the rules for flying to the US from Europe are going to be relaxed. Starting sometime soon flights headed to the US from Europe will be allowed to depart from outside of their home country (meaning Lufthansa could fly out from Madrid or British Airways from Franfurt for example).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 01:46 AM

1,677 posts, read 6,447,176 times
Warptman, if at all possible spring for first class to Seattle. I just finished a trip to and from Maine via Seattle and Atlanta. AK AIR seats were cramped for leg room not to mention having my elbow in someones lap. The 737-800 have us packed in pretty tight. for a 3.5 hour flight. I flew Delta the rest of the way and they have more space for leggs on their 757. Made a huge difference for the 4.5 hour leg. then 2.5 hours on some commuter jet which wasn't too bad. Return flights added about a half hour due to jet stream. I hear that if your flying out of New York one of the airports is under construction and a pain to get around. Can't remember wich one it was.

Have a great trip.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:47 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,170,327 times
Thanks. We're flying Delta from Anchorage-Salt Lake-New York-London. I'm going ask around for a upgrade on one of the flights. Not sure which one yet.

Old 03-31-2008, 04:12 PM

1,429 posts, read 3,420,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticthaw View Post
AK AIR seats were cramped for leg room not to mention having my elbow in someones lap. The 737-800 have us packed in pretty tight. for a 3.5 hour flight.
I just flew SEA-ANC, and ANC-SEA, and I did not feel cramped at all. I am about 6' 3" and I find the leg room pretty good. It is 10x better than a United 737

Oh, and the Dig-e-player makes the flight go by fast.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:41 PM

5 posts, read 28,357 times
Have fun in london Warptman- I just moved to Anchorage from there so feel your pain regarding flights! Let me know if you have any london questions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage