Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2017, 10:09 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,993,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northrick View Post
You guys make it sound like the whole place smells like a urinal all the time. It quite simply does not. I worked downtown for 4 years and didn't smell pee anywhere I frequented - summer or winter. Exception would be the stairwells in several parking garages but it's easy to avoid those. Oh, and it was in the teens.
No one said the WHOLE city smells like pee. But I can pick out common areas that are not parking lots that smell like bums pee there all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 08:12 PM

1,939 posts, read 3,925,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
No one said the WHOLE city smells like pee. But I can pick out common areas that are not parking lots that smell like bums pee there all the time.
You can differentiate between “bums pee” and anyone else’s? I would think something like that would take a lot of practice. Many have a nose for wine. Appears you have a nose for pee.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:12 AM

1,314 posts, read 1,426,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
What do I have to be ashamed or scared of?
Pretty much everything you say. It's just embarrassing.

Old 12-17-2017, 08:56 AM

2,025 posts, read 4,179,717 times
I was driving down Third avenue and saw a guy standing on the bus stop bench giving it a wash down. It was winter so I'm sure it froze quickly and didn't smell at all.

Old 12-17-2017, 02:24 PM

2,795 posts, read 5,620,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomadAK View Post
I was driving down Third avenue and saw a guy standing on the bus stop bench giving it a wash down. It was winter so I'm sure it froze quickly and didn't smell at all.
Was going into Sam's Club on Dimond yesterday. A guy had two dogs on a leashes. The on was squatted down in front of the door pissing on the sidewalk. Right in where everyone would walk to enter the store. Classy.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKStafford View Post
Was going into Sam's Club on Dimond yesterday. A guy had two dogs on a leashes. The on was squatted down in front of the door pissing on the sidewalk. Right in where everyone would walk to enter the store. Classy.
Not surprising.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzile View Post
Pretty much everything you say. It's just embarrassing.
Oh good one. Damn, got me good.

I guess I'll drown away my sorrow with my high net worth, numerous property acquisitions, and my soon to be retirement next March before the age of 43, where I'll spend the rest of my life doing... I don't know... whatever I want to do since I'm pretty much set for life?

How will you spend the rest of your life? I'm sure putting in a solid 8, and rushing out the gate and repeating that for the next 20-30 years like the rest of the people who think making fun of people on the internet is cool.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:37 AM

10,571 posts, read 7,781,727 times
Title of thread should be changed to "Reflections on over sized ego of CaliRestoration"

Old 01-06-2018, 10:41 AM

54 posts, read 50,327 times
When I go to Anchorage, it is mostly because I have to. I have to go to a doctor appointment, or I have to go through Anchorage to get to the Kenai Peninsula. There are just not enough people who want to go to Anchorage for the vibe, entertainment, etc. Most Alaskans are outdoor type of people focusing on fishing, hunting, snowmachining, 4 wheeling, etc. As an Alaskan, I never think about the vibe, entertainment, etc. It's just not the culture here. One of the best things Anchorage has going for it is access to green space. There is very good access to hiking, biking, etc. Other than that...well.

I also live in Bozeman for about 2 months out of the year. You can see the "Boze-Angeles" effect of the transplants. Seems people wanted to leave California, but wanted to bring their "lifestyle" with them. Anchorage is not going to turn into some kind of upscale city that has a cool vibe. Most of the people you see downtown are tourists and drunks. As a woman, I do not feel safe in Anchorage and have been approached by men on several occasions. I finally convinced my son NOT to move to Anchorage. One of my neighbors is an Anchorage cop, and one is an EMT. I wish I could share the stories. Unless the mayor starts cracking down on crime and getting to the source of the problem, it's hopeless. They spruce up the town when tourists are about to arrive, then it goes back to the same old same old. Just sayin.

Old 01-06-2018, 01:19 PM

10,571 posts, read 7,781,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaGonzales View Post
Most of the people you see downtown are tourists and drunks. .
LOL. One, the other, or both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage