Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 03:24 PM

45 posts, read 52,943 times

Advertisements

Basically I am moving to Anchorage within 3 weeks. I know there is a lot's of answers . First of all visit Anchorage before to move, but people in Anchorage don't know situation. When state is raising taxes like crazy. There is not much left from paycheck due to high NJ taxes. Might is well live with bears will be better then NJ.
My question is: I will move to " San Roberto Ave ". I just want to know. What a kind of neighborhood is around. It is temporary , before I find something better for me and wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 05:11 PM

2,084 posts, read 1,689,887 times
So, you are moving to Anchorage sight unseen because taxes are too high in NJ? Got a job lined up?

Old 06-04-2018, 05:45 PM

2,795 posts, read 5,626,090 times
In my opinion (and no offense to anyone who might live in that area) it seems like a pretty seedy area to me.

Old 06-04-2018, 05:59 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,607,214 times
South Mountain View. No way would I live there. Expect bad neighbors and your stuff to get stolen.

Old 06-04-2018, 10:04 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,013,188 times
San Roberto Ave would not be my first choice. Mostly older low end apartments. The area tends to attract renters that have a less than stellar past. Plenty of shopping close by for your day to day needs.

Unless Alaska is somewhere you want to move to and you have a realistic long term plan to make ends meet, you will want to have the funds set aside to move somewhere else if things don't go as expected.

Old 06-04-2018, 10:26 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,713,910 times
San Robbery Ave. is the hood. Good luck.

Old 06-05-2018, 12:11 AM

23,391 posts, read 19,006,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baracuda99 View Post
Basically I am moving to Anchorage within 3 weeks. I know there is a lot's of answers . First of all visit Anchorage before to move, but people in Anchorage don't know situation. When state is raising taxes like crazy. There is not much left from paycheck due to high NJ taxes. Might is well live with bears will be better then NJ.
My question is: I will move to " San Roberto Ave ". I just want to know. What a kind of neighborhood is around. It is temporary , before I find something better for me and wife.
Bears will not be your problem there. High taxes won't be either, but you'll pay more in other ways; everyday items will cost you more than they do in NJ. Don't bring valuable stuff you care about, or if you do, be prepared to lock it up tight. Car theft is high.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northrick View Post
So, you are moving to Anchorage sight unseen because taxes are too high in NJ? Got a job lined up?
The reason why I am moving to Alaska is . 2 years ago I visited Alaska and I fall in love of that state.
I am not skeptical about to find out job with my work skill.
Let me little bit open eyes what is New Jersey one the most corrupted state in union where is " Your're guilty already and proof to be innocent is impossible. Everything is so expensive . Basically your burn paycheck very fast. Taxes brother !!! On everything !!! Right now gasoline price is 2.98 regular. And I forgot to tell you Mr. president declare war on NJ state . What's means Federal taxes are very high on income taxes basically you own to Federal no matter what . Now new sheriff in state I mean government can not sleep over night to thinking where to raise state on us. Good Luck in such state. Better black bear in Alaska then to live in NJ. Trust me

Old 06-06-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
San Robbery Ave. is the hood. Good luck.
oh Hood , wow
I canceled those apartment offers , already.

New place is Rancho Tudor ..................what do you think ????

thank you

Old 06-06-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
San Roberto Ave would not be my first choice. Mostly older low end apartments. The area tends to attract renters that have a less than stellar past. Plenty of shopping close by for your day to day needs.

Unless Alaska is somewhere you want to move to and you have a realistic long term plan to make ends meet, you will want to have the funds set aside to move somewhere else if things don't go as expected.

brother America is done !!!! There is no place to go or live right now. America just to be very good , no more Obama left country devastated
Here is not place where to go everything is devastated. Only Alaska !!!! Hawaii is done as well poverty. America is facing financial crash !!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage