Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 08:05 AM

67 posts, read 353,125 times

Advertisements

Wow, thanks everyone!

I found a good deal from orbitz for Hotel Alyeska.. so I might consider booking there!

Last edited by fsval; 07-03-2008 at 08:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 09:21 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,972,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Theres a Long House, not sure what they charge. There are also numerous Korean owned places, not highly recommended. When are you heading up? I might head back down to Montana at the end of August for a couple weeks. My coworkers and I are playing vacation tag, they keep changing dates and it is starting to aggravate me.
Well I'll be up in mid-August, but I was thinking about visiting Bethel on my next trip either in the winter or next year sometime. I guess I can't get much more vague than that.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:29 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,389,201 times
Fsval, the problem with staying in only one hotel for a week is that there will probably be limited things to do within a two hour drive. Staying at the Alyeska Prince might be doable if you limit your time to the Kenai Peninsula and Anchorage. However, you'll be taking a fairly long drive every day and repeating the same drive on another day. It would definitely be better to put a little bit of planning into your trip and change hotels as you travel.

If you really want some flexibility, you might want to look at renting an RV so you can go wherever and don't have to worry about hotel reservations. I know that doesn't sound very feasible considering the cost of gas, but when we did that eons ago, we got an RV on a Toyota chassis which actually got 30 miles to the gallon. We were able to travel wherever we wanted without the worry of keeping to a schedule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage