Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 01:37 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,806,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicus View Post
Alaska Resident Card
- actually there is no such thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 01:31 PM

763 posts, read 2,261,961 times
UAA will give you in-state rates for up to 4 credit hours.

Move here, do this the first year, then finish at full-speed.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:45 PM

10 posts, read 34,933 times
Thx for the replies (the serious ones...) - most of them not really welcoming though...lol I didnt know that people here in that forum reply sooo "agressively" - I was just asking a question....lol thats it...
Dont take it that serious...
I got that information about the residency from a person who is "Alaskan" and works at the University of Anchorage for tuition assistance and asked me if I cant just fake my adress with somebody I know of there... (I asked how I can get a resident without waiting that year...)
Thats why I posted this text to make sure...

"Not too bright of you to come here to a public forum and ask if anyone will support you in doing something illegal"

"Sooo true!! I didn't realize it at first what the OP was asking for. Stupid me for trying to *help"

"Move up here and earn your residency please"

For those guys who wrote those commets -please dont reply to posts if you cant get something serious or with information on it... - honestly that was really rude...!
Thats what a forum is about... zzz lol

Old 07-27-2008, 11:46 PM

763 posts, read 2,261,961 times
Actually, it wasn't rude, it was real.

I was offering advice on how to get the in-state rates legally. I just wish that whoever suggested that you break the law to try to scam would... never mind.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:01 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,853,519 times
Don't come here and try to scam my great state...and I won't be rude. We really don't want that lower 48 mentality here thank you very much.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:32 AM

3 posts, read 6,745 times
Default Anchorage residents

I've recently applied for positions with an engineering form in anchorage. i came to this site to bone up on alaska and anchorage as part of my overall research. I have to admit- and this is coming from a New Yorker- some of the folks on this forum are the most aggressivly rude I've come across. It has made me seriously question whether i want to move to anc. But thanks for making us New Yorkers look like diplomats.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:15 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,770,208 times
Excuse me, Magicus? You come here asking for assistance in doing something illegal, and then you whine because you don't like some of the replies? Too damn bad.

Quote:
I got that information about the residency from a person who is "Alaskan" and works at the University of Anchorage for tuition assistance and asked me if I cant just fake my adress with somebody I know of there... (I asked how I can get a resident without waiting that year...)
I don't believe you here. Another lie from another scammer.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:34 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,853,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty4 View Post
I've recently applied for positions with an engineering form in anchorage. i came to this site to bone up on alaska and anchorage as part of my overall research. I have to admit- and this is coming from a New Yorker- some of the folks on this forum are the most aggressivly rude I've come across. It has made me seriously question whether i want to move to anc. But thanks for making us New Yorkers look like diplomats.
Yeah we don't condone being scammed or ripped off here. If your moving here you shouldn't have a problem at all. Some of us have pride in this place and are willing to fight for it. We don't want morons from out of state trying to pull a fast one here. Maybe being from New York you wouldn't know anything about pride of state.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:41 AM

639 posts, read 1,917,982 times
I agree with the others but something I really dislike is the fact that this person "claims" to be military and yet was so open to doing something illegal. What a shame,kind of makes me loose faith in what they claim to stand for in the military. ;(

Old 07-28-2008, 10:23 AM

3 posts, read 6,745 times
Default Alaskan residents redux

Rance, pull out the dead bug that crawled into your a** and died! you are under the misguided impression alaskans are the only ones to have civic pride. clearly you have not travled around the country and spent any appreciable amount of time in cities of the continental US. I also doubt that outside of your visit to your mail order bride you've been out of the country but once. i can't even be angry at you for your ignorance: i grew up as white trash, with white trash, and i know that mindset takes a conscience effort to change. in your case, alas, it will never happen, so i can honestly only feel bad for you. you are missing out on so much, and apparently being mean- instead of merely firm, or guiding- is how you display the anger that typically accompanies willful ignorance.

btw, no pride in my city (or country for that matter, you probably assume) ? MY city was attacked - i was out there in the debris in the days following. you think yourself a pround american, I'm sure. but i don't recall you standing next to me sifting thru metallic debris to pull out the dead bodies of my fellow new yorkers and american citizens.

and thus i wipe my hands of you, because my response will only fall on your deaf ears. i hope few alaskans are like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage