Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 07:32 AM

16 posts, read 37,821 times

Advertisements

I've seen maps streets ect....that show the better places to live like sandlake,dimond blvd,rabbitcreek ect...Ive even looked at crime maps, but I have not seen or found anything on where there are more kids/families, I'd like to live where my kids could at least make some friends, one friend ect..we are planning on moving in the summer so they will not start school rt away and we dont know anyone out there, I'd like to be in a family area. Any info will do, thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 10:47 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,452,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wish2be View Post
I've seen maps streets ect....that show the better places to live like sandlake,dimond blvd,rabbitcreek ect...Ive even looked at crime maps, but I have not seen or found anything on where there are more kids/families, I'd like to live where my kids could at least make some friends, one friend ect..we are planning on moving in the summer so they will not start school rt away and we dont know anyone out there, I'd like to be in a family area. Any info will do, thanks so much.
Those areas all have children as does most of Anchorage. Just curious if you have been to Alaska to check things out since it will be a really big change from California.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:23 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,240,348 times
I live off Dimond in the Jewel Lake area. Lots of kids. Trust me, I have dropped my kids off at middle and high schools and the traffic is amazing. There are kids wandering through my house all the time.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:33 PM

51 posts, read 147,960 times
Kid friendly neighborhoods

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Depending on your income and price range- one of the most kid friendly neighborhoods is Goldenview Park. It has some beautiful homes and inlet views. The whole neighborhood has sidewalks (a rare find in Anchorage) a small community playground, school bus comes right through the area, the middle school is at the top of the neighborhood. The homes are all over 500k and relatively new. Great for trick or treating! I even saw a horse and carriage pulling kids around the neighborhood. Other than that one Kempton Hills is nice but I don't see as many kids just playing outside.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:26 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,387,220 times
The Rabbit Creek area is really nice, pretty good schools too. Service High School is probally one of the best in Anchorage and the housing areas around it are also nice.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:11 PM

Default No I have not

But my husband was there for a little while, he loved it! I'm a little scared, I have lived in cali since birth,and in the same city since birth too! But this is a business move for my husband.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:25 AM

1,629 posts, read 5,387,220 times
Where in Cali?

Old 11-21-2008, 07:54 AM

Default San Bernardino county area

or we can call it the Inland Empire

Old 11-21-2008, 09:31 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,989,363 times
I'd suggest going up for a visit.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:30 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,368,473 times
Awww man, I got all excited..........I saw this topic title with Barkley as the last post author and I thought it meant Barkley finally was making the move.

Sorry wish2be, I don't have any advice regarding making this move with kiddo's. We just moved up and got a short term rental for 30 days so we could scope places and neighborhoods out for ourselves. Definitely don't decide on any residence based on pictures on the internet, there's no way to appreciate what the surrounding neighborhood looks like.

Dawn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage