Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 09:36 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,259,344 times

Advertisements

Wow, what a great thread and read!

Best to ya mwachel!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 09:59 PM

71 posts, read 169,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
Wow, what a great thread and read!

Best to ya mwachel!

Thanks! We are really having fun. This is the longest drive my wife has ever been on. Living out of the car is starting to wear on her a bit but she is enjoying herself. If we didn't have the kids with us then this would be a whole different trip...not a better one but different. I am glad that we are able to experience this as a family. You can follow us at SPOT Shared Page (each page shows the last 50 updates. There are several pages and you can see our last 7 days.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:04 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,159,707 times
Tok, eat at Fast Eddy's! You are making great progress!

Old 04-08-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Tok, eat at Fast Eddy's! You are making great progress!
Wife says Fast Eddy's is a go. Anything we should order?

Old 04-08-2009, 10:20 PM

Everything there is good!

You should go downtown in Whitehorse and wave to this camera.

http://www.whtvcable.com/webcam/streetcam.htm

Old 04-08-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Everything there is good!

You should go downtown in Whitehorse and wave to this camera.

http://www.whtvcable.com/webcam/streetcam.htm

Funny that you post that. That camera is on our hotel! We can watch it live from our room. HA!

Old 04-08-2009, 10:35 PM

Sweet!

Old 04-09-2009, 01:26 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,552,443 times
You can stay at Young's Motel, right next to Fast Eddys. They have Wi-Fi, TV and ample parking. You register at Fast Eddys. I'd recommend adding the salad bar to your meal if it was summer. You'll have to check it out before ordering, in case they don't stock it as well. The fresh fruit bowl for breakfast was very generous, again check out the fruit in the salad bar before ordering.

Last time I was there, I ordered prime rib which was great, but that might be the Friday Special. If they have it, get the small cut and add the salad bar, unless you're really hungry. My wife ordered the Captains Plate, which was good. The only problem was there was a lot of deep fried seafood, which didn't sit well for her the next day. My son ordered a hamburger which he liked.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
You can stay at Young's Motel, right next to Fast Eddys. They have Wi-Fi, TV and ample parking. You register at Fast Eddys. I'd recommend adding the salad bar to your meal if it was summer. You'll have to check it out before ordering, in case they don't stock it as well. The fresh fruit bowl for breakfast was very generous, again check out the fruit in the salad bar before ordering.

Last time I was there, I ordered prime rib which was great, but that might be the Friday Special. If they have it, get the small cut and add the salad bar, unless you're really hungry. My wife ordered the Captains Plate, which was good. The only problem was there was a lot of deep fried seafood, which didn't sit well for her the next day. My son ordered a hamburger which he liked.
Perfect! We will check it out.

Gotta get on the road! Will post an update tonight if able.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:45 PM

218 posts, read 519,069 times
You made it! Congrats! /Jealous
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage