Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Abortion Murder?
Yes 20 46.51%
No 21 48.84%
Un Decided 0 0%
Some Cases 2 4.65%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:33 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,445,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
GOD creates life and it starts when her egg is fertilized (for those who believe in GOD) and GOD IS ABOVE ANY MORTAL MAN/FEMALE MADE HUMAN LAW(S) - that is all.

This is my take and opinion.
Rep to ya on that one.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:31 PM

86 posts, read 106,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
GOD creates life and it starts when her egg is fertilized (for those who believe in GOD) and GOD IS ABOVE ANY MORTAL MAN/FEMALE MADE HUMAN LAW(S) - that is all.

This is my take and opinion.
Forgive me for straying off topic, but firstly, I dispise the idea of "laws" and "is above any mortal" because I like it when there are no rules and people disobey them. It reveals their inner chaos and defiance, which creates limitless possibilities to their potential in whatever they do.

Now for my opinion. I completely disagree of the concept of abortion being murder. People usually forget one thing that sepparates murder and abortion. Murder is when someone kills another living creature. Abortion is the removal of a fetus. This fetus is physically part of the mother. The umbilical cord is the link between them and this makes the fetus part of it's mother. They are still the same organism, and once the cord is cut and the fetus is fully developed (as in a living, breathing baby) then it would be murder if it was killed. So removing it while still in the womb is not murder because the fetus is just as a part of the mom just as any other part of the body. It basically the pregnant woman (or guy...?) is "aborting" the idea of giving birth by removing it. Basic definition of abortion. This also helps the stem-cell research industry.

Well, if you DIDN'T want to face the pain of birth, then you should have thought of growing a new lifeform in a test tube. Yeah, we're smart enough to do that.

That's like saying that if the doctor removes the appendix (which is another unessecary body part), then it would be classified as murder.

Abortion is an exellent way to show how she can make choices AnD it sHoWs how a woman can save the world. As if there aren't already enough of us, and we want MORE to consume resources (visit "Humans vs Animals, whose planet does this belong to?" thread for more info on what I mean by this) and destroy more of earth's wonders?

Abortion is not murder-no sins commited-one less mouth to feed. Problem solved!

Summary: No, it is not murder and yes, I support it.

Last edited by Havik; 06-30-2009 at 09:10 PM..

Old 06-30-2009, 08:49 PM

720 posts, read 706,523 times
How can anyone consider the taking of an innocent unborn human life as anything but murder. What choice did the child have in the decision to take its life? For someone to decide to end a childs life and sanitize it with terms such as pro-choice and the right to choose have no sense of reason and are apparently incapable of intellegent thought. With such a mind set, how do you debate a fool?

Old 06-30-2009, 09:25 PM

86 posts, read 106,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
How can anyone consider the taking of an innocent unborn human life as anything but murder. What choice did the child have in the decision to take its life? For someone to decide to end a childs life and sanitize it with terms such as pro-choice and the right to choose have no sense of reason and are apparently incapable of intellegent thought. With such a mind set, how do you debate a fool?
How can you end a child's life when it had no life to begin with? Like you said: unborn. Because the child is only developing, you are only taking the chance of an incomplete human being form ever being born. sure it may seem cruel and inhuman, but no harm is done. It's not like the doctors will throw the fetus in a disposal bin. They would most likely use it for a more important cause like extracting stem cells that could save a life.

Like I said: it is part of the mother, which means that removing it is like removing one of your arms. The similarities between the two analogies is that the organism can survive without it, so it's not murder.

I agree that humans aren't intellegent, but I disagree for the "right to choice" part because I see that it is logical for someone to have the freedom to choose between options and inhumane for somebody to not decide what he/she wants from rules or laws set by public opinion. It's like saying that democratic citizens have no right to vote. Yeah, no sense of reason in that.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:57 AM

88 posts, read 207,547 times
I believe with my entire being that life starts at the moment of conception & ends only upon natural death. To end that life, it is most definately murder.
I also believe in praying for those who don't see it the way I do.
Not doing harm in word or deed.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:39 AM

1,121 posts, read 3,667,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistime View Post
How can anyone consider the taking of an innocent unborn human life as anything but murder. What choice did the child have in the decision to take its life? For someone to decide to end a child's life and sanitize it with terms such as pro-choice and the right to choose have no sense of reason and are apparently incapable of intelligent thought. With such a mind set, how do you debate a fool?
Life is cruel and when people like you who have the passion to save unborn children by adopting them from parents who either don't want to or are unable to take care of them, abortion will cease to exist. The ball is in your court. Until then, ?

Old 07-03-2009, 09:56 AM

314 posts, read 1,278,440 times
To me it just makes sense that once the egg is fertilized it is a human being (albeit tiny and ugly). Not a religious thing (I'm not really religious...at all...) but it just makes sense to me.

So, to me in my mind, it is a life snuffed out with the excuse of scale.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havik View Post
Forgive me for straying off topic, but firstly, I dispise the idea of "laws" and "is above any mortal" because I like it when there are no rules and people disobey them. It reveals their inner chaos and defiance, which creates limitless possibilities to their potential in whatever they do.

Now for my opinion. I completely disagree of the concept of abortion being murder. People usually forget one thing that sepparates murder and abortion. Murder is when someone kills another living creature. Abortion is the removal of a fetus. This fetus is physically part of the mother. The umbilical cord is the link between them and this makes the fetus part of it's mother. They are still the same organism, and once the cord is cut and the fetus is fully developed (as in a living, breathing baby) then it would be murder if it was killed. So removing it while still in the womb is not murder because the fetus is just as a part of the mom just as any other part of the body. It basically the pregnant woman (or guy...?) is "aborting" the idea of giving birth by removing it. Basic definition of abortion. This also helps the stem-cell research industry.

Well, if you DIDN'T want to face the pain of birth, then you should have thought of growing a new lifeform in a test tube. Yeah, we're smart enough to do that.

That's like saying that if the doctor removes the appendix (which is another unessecary body part), then it would be classified as murder.

Abortion is an exellent way to show how she can make choices AnD it sHoWs how a woman can save the world. As if there aren't already enough of us, and we want MORE to consume resources (visit "Humans vs Animals, whose planet does this belong to?" thread for more info on what I mean by this) and destroy more of earth's wonders?

Abortion is not murder-no sins commited-one less mouth to feed. Problem solved!

Summary: No, it is not murder and yes, I support it.
Some of your arguments seem to be geared to convienience of solving the overpopulation problem.

If the physical connection of the fetus to the mother is the argument that the fetus is not a seperate creature from the mother where do siamese twins fit in the equation? Can you "abort" one twin for the convienience of the other?

What happens if one day technology creates a way for a human to develop from conception to full term outside of the human body? When does that person become "human". Just wondering as a hypothetical.

Like I said earilier, I'm not religious, but by your assumption I guess the soul does not enter the body untill till the doctor cuts the cord. So a crying baby still attached to the mother outside the body is still souless?

Murder is the killing of a living creature as you said, and your argument did not convince me that a fetus (the first stage of a human being) is not living...just because they are attached to their mother.

People seem to be creating an arbatrary line of where life begins.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post
Life is cruel and when people like you who have the passion to save unborn children by adopting them from parents who either don't want to or are unable to take care of them, abortion will cease to exist. The ball is in your court. Until then, ?
Again, a convienient responce to the overpopulation problem.

to me thats like hoping for mass deaths from war as a means of population control. makes as much sense really.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:34 AM

56 posts, read 143,861 times
Yes! Life begins at conception. It's not just a religious thing, it's been proven SCIENTIFICALLY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
View detailed profiles of: