Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Abortion Murder?
Yes 20 46.51%
No 21 48.84%
Un Decided 0 0%
Some Cases 2 4.65%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 07:01 PM

86 posts, read 106,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadgrad View Post
to me thats like hoping for mass deaths from war as a means of population control. makes as much sense really.
Woah woah, buddy. I think the best way to lower the population of humans safely is to STOP HAVING SO MUCH SEX!

But then again, where's the fun in that?

Old 07-05-2009, 01:52 AM

1,121 posts, read 3,667,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meadgrad View Post
Again, a convienient responce to the overpopulation problem.

to me thats like hoping for mass deaths from war as a means of population control. makes as much sense really.
One day, not far from now, you are going to experience what the world is going to do to the baby boomers to eliminate their burden on society and let their wealth flow. I will be part of that, you may not be, but it will happen probably in the next 5 years. My personal guess is that it will be a combination of the influenza from the early 1900's that was discovered in a frozen body in Alaska 5 years ago coupled with an ineffective flu vacine delivered to places suppored by medicare. We have been frightened by the flu for the last 5-6 years, so when it happens, nobody will question how a lot of our old people and some of our children died. When it happens, remember this post and know that nobody is safe in this world as long as our future is being manipulated by those concerned with wealth. We can only live the best life we can and hope for the future.
I don't personally believe in abortion, however, I would never force my personal beliefs on someone else so I am pro choice. We need to start adopting those unwanted children because we are going to need them for our future.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:42 PM

86 posts, read 106,823 times
Adoption is always good. Think of how we could help the world if sex was limited? Kids on the street would get a family and home, the population of humans would decrease, and abortion would not be needed anymore. Why is it against religion to get rid of something a woman made? what if she was raped and she never intended to get pregnant? What if she doesn't want to endure the pain of childbirth? I think that religion is a little sexist.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:47 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,593,859 times
Quote:
Adoption is always good.
Empty platitude.
Adoption is not "always good".
Nothing is "always good", and sometimes adoption really, really sucks.
I am a birthmother of a now-grown son; I am tentatively pro-adoption, but I do not recommend it unconditionally or without reservations.
When things go wrong, they go really wrong.

Adoption law and procedure, frankly, needs a lot of reform before I could agree that it's "always good", or even "always better than abortion".

Old 07-05-2009, 10:10 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,703,608 times
I don't remember if this is witches hair or old man's beard? Any ideas?

Old 07-05-2009, 10:14 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,514,140 times
Yes.

If the question has to be asked then we should obviously err on the side of caution.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:19 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,703,608 times
It's that time again in Alaska. Keep your freezers secured. If your gonna put up the electrical fencing for crying out loud turn it on...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
View detailed profiles of: