Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 08:41 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,906,107 times

Advertisements

Threading is just another way to "pluck" your brows. I've never done it but I like to have them waxed, gets it all gone with one yank! Much less painful and annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 09:38 AM

693 posts, read 1,610,778 times
ouch, threading hurts like heck. Sugaring is the way to go.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:32 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,779,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbern View Post
ouch, threading hurts like heck. Sugaring is the way to go.
holy smoly....what the heck is sugaring??? and how does that work???

Old 11-29-2010, 03:02 PM

Sugaring is like waxing, but it doesn't pull your skin. It's a big thing in the Middle East. You cook down equal parts of sugar and water until it thickens and starts to caramelize a bit (in candy making terminology maybe it's soft-ball stage?), put in a bit of lemon juice...let it cool, then knead it between your fingers, and use it kind of like wax. And you can even eat it if you so desire (pre-hair removal bwa ha ). Sorry if this is TMI to some.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:16 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,779,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbern View Post
Sugaring is like waxing, but it doesn't pull your skin. It's a big thing in the Middle East. You cook down equal parts of sugar and water until it thickens and starts to caramelize a bit (in candy making terminology maybe it's soft-ball stage?), put in a bit of lemon juice...let it cool, then knead it between your fingers, and use it kind of like wax. And you can even eat it if you so desire (pre-hair removal bwa ha ). Sorry if this is TMI to some.
ummm so does it harden on the skin like wax does??? an then you peel it??? curious as I have never heard of this! think I'd skip the pre-hair removal eating of it part too! bwahhahahaha!

Old 11-30-2010, 08:15 AM

Nope, it doesn't harden on the skin at all...and it washes off with water because it's just sugar. Basically you knead it between your fingers until it's pliable, then you smooth it over your skin and yank it back, and keep repeating until everything is gone that you want gone. (it's kind of a rapid motion, over and over, until you've used the "stickiness" of the sugar up) Consistency-wise, if you put the cooked mixture in the fridge it would get hard (but not hard in the sense that it would crack) - once it warms up it softens (I've never used it in a cold climate, since it's now winter in the US you might need to zap it very quickly in the microwave - just don't do it until it is hot or anything). Once it gets too warm it melts. I had to experiment a few times with the length of time I cooked it until I figured it out. The lemon juice seems to do something to the consistency as well (just be careful as when you add it the hot sugar spatters). I bet you can find videos on how to do it on the web, I'll have a google and see....

Old 11-30-2010, 08:33 PM

376 posts, read 833,792 times
Wow! I learn something new every day!! This was interesting!

Old 04-03-2012, 07:57 PM

1 posts, read 995 times
Default thread

hi guys ,

i am professional in threading & have 10 years experience of threading and tweezing , am living in anchorage .

Old 04-16-2012, 07:48 PM

1 posts, read 954 times
Default Threading

Hey everyone, I am Certified in Threading!! I went to school in New Jersey and have been Threading in Anchorage for 3 years. My name is Soniaa and you can find me at Sunrise Sun Spa, 1120 E Huffman Road Ste. #2.

25 dollars for brows, temple to forehead.
10 dollars for lip
25 for chin and sides
or
50 for full face Threading.

I am very meticulous and believe in taking the time needed to make you happy and beautiful!!

Threading is a wonderful alternative to waxing and saves your skin!! It's also great for those of us who like to tan with no risk of Hyperpigmentation.

Come see me and let me sculpt some amazing brows!!

440-6706

Old 04-17-2012, 11:58 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,912,757 times
Can you make my brows look like lightning bolts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage