Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 06:01 PM

27 posts, read 63,465 times

Advertisements

I already posted this question in the Alaska section of this website, and it was suggested to me that I post it specifically in the Anchorage section.

There is a possibility that my family could be relocating to Anchorage. She is a middle school teacher. We would be coming from Texas where it's pretty easy for teachers to find jobs. How is it in Anchorage?

I'm not necessarily looking for specific instructions on how to apply, etc. I'm just trying to get a general idea for my wife about the demand for teachers in Anchorage.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 09:02 AM

21 posts, read 46,826 times
go to -- ATP Home [Alaska Teacher Placement] and join -- Teachers-Teachers.com : login
-- the first site has all of the current posted positions as well as other useful info and the latter allows you to receive info on postions all over the world. the schools email you with info.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by landes View Post
go to -- ATP Home [Alaska Teacher Placement] and join -- Teachers-Teachers.com : login
-- the first site has all of the current posted positions as well as other useful info and the latter allows you to receive info on postions all over the world. the schools email you with info.
I appreciate the reply. I've been able to find information online about applying for teacher jobs. What I was asking here is for any general comments about how easy or difficult it is for teachers to find jobs in Alaska (or specifically in Anchorage since it is by far the biggest city). For example, it's well know in Texas that it's pretty easy to find a teacher job, whereas other states have a reputation for teachers having a hard time getting jobs.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:30 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,753,765 times
Default Asd

go to asdk12.org website & click on certified job search, then middle school:

ASD | Human Resources Department | Employment

I'm an asd teacher & there always seems to be openings. If she is SpEd she's in like flint!

Old 08-10-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
go to asdk12.org website & click on certified job search, then middle school:

ASD | Human Resources Department | Employment

I'm an asd teacher & there always seems to be openings. If she is SpEd she's in like flint!
Thanks. It's encouraging that you say there always seems to be openings. She has taught history, language arts/English, and physical education/coaching.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:29 AM

989 posts, read 3,526,814 times
There's so many dang schools in the ASD I would think it would not be all that hard getting a job if she's qualified.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,074 times
someone please tell me whose hiring. i just moved here as well and have been a teacher for years and I am qualified. i've been on 3 interviews and have been turned down 3 times. at one interview the principal hesitated to shake my hand when i introduced myself and one of the other teachers there helping during the interview just refused to make eye contact with me during the interview. i have my suspicions...

Last edited by a-baby; 08-19-2009 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: mispellings

Old 08-19-2009, 09:43 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,753,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a-baby View Post
someone please tell me whose hiring. i just moved here as well and have been a teacher for years and I am qualified. i've been on 3 interviews and have been turned down 3 times. at one interview the principal hesitated to shake my hand when i introduced myself and one of the other teachers there helping during the interview just refused to make eye contact with me during the interview. i have my suspicions...
Here are the jobs:

Open Positions

Old 08-20-2009, 12:31 AM

3,774 posts, read 11,229,634 times
Suspicions about what, if you don't mind my asking?

Old 08-21-2009, 08:33 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,885,875 times
I have a coworker who's wife is trying to get hired by ASD and she is having to take grad level courses in Alaska history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage