Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 09:34 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times

Advertisements

Tell you what, when I was a kid, everyone brushed their teeth three times daily, had no fluoridated water and every kid I knew had a mouth full of fillings from cavities.

Both of my kids grew up where there was either fluoridated water, fluoridated tooth paste or fluoride treatments in school where there was none in the water system and they are close to 25 and 31 years old and have zero cavities.

They stand a good chance of having the same teeth all the way to the grave verses most of the "Elders" putting their choppers on the sink at night in a cup....

I hear all the negatives about the stuff that has yet been proven to me to be factual verses rumors. Where Fluoride was first found in a town's natural drinking water, all the people in town had Grey teeth and not one cavity, from kids to elders and it was a lot stronger then in the water than what is found in city water now.

Anyway, I don't have any issues with it being in the water system, unless someone can show me some real proof rather than the "foil over your head" stuff.... I still have all my teeth, but there is enough gold and other oddities in there to finance a small war... between two in-laws anyway...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 09:43 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
check out the disease hemochromatosis due to iron overload...my father died of it and it runs in our family...highly susceptible to any large forms of iron intake but...the correlation of drinking water and disease is still questionable.

The Hemochromatosis Information Center :: Home

Our well water here in interior Alaska is as hard as a rock. The iron content is so bad, when you fill a glass of water, it looks yellow, and in about five min's, it looks like coffee. Left untreated, a sink, bathtub or toilet will be rust brown in about a week. The water smelled like rotten eggs and just flat out was nasty.

I bought a Sears water softener, put a string filter element before the softener and a Charcoal filter after the softener and have very good water. There is no smell or taste in the water other than good.... best of all, no iron, the sinks and all are clean and takes years before we get any kind of iron staining that use to take days....

We use about fifty pounds of salt in the unit a week and are very happy with the system and it's results... Course we use Fluoride toothpaste..

Old 09-23-2009, 12:09 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak.nessa View Post
Juneau is one step ahead of us, they don't have fluoridated city water.

Anchorage puts ridiculously high amounts of fluoride into city tap water. We really need to get in touch with City Council and try to get the fluoride out of our water!!! It is terrible to ingest. It causes bone cancer and it collects over time in a gland in your brain causing lethargy. Do some research and you'll be disturbed. It's OK in toothpaste - but toothpaste is not for eating! And using a Brita filter will NOT remove fluoride.

We need to realize what we are drinking is poison - I can't believe people let their kids drink this water. If things don't change I am going to find a house with non-fluoridated well water...ASAP!!!

I'm not so much worried about flouride in drinking water (which is bad enough) as I am about chlorinated drinking water. Chlorine is a deadly poison, and was used to kill thousands of soldiers in WWI. Sure, it kills bacteria and other bugs when added to water. Why? Because...the water is poisonous, that's why! Why then would you want to drink that water? Especially long term...as in years and years? Adding it to our drinking water not only makes it taste and smell bad, but brings unwanted health risks into our homes. (like cancer...do a Google search on chlorine in drinking water) Thank God my drinking water comes out of a well...

PS: Chlorine also totally ruins an otherwise good cup of coffee...

Bud

Old 09-23-2009, 05:09 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,736,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
I'm not so much worried about flouride in drinking water (which is bad enough) as I am about chlorinated drinking water. Chlorine is a deadly poison, and was used to kill thousands of soldiers in WWI. Sure, it kills bacteria and other bugs when added to water. Why? Because...the water is poisonous, that's why! Why then would you want to drink that water? Especially long term...as in years and years? Adding it to our drinking water not only makes it taste and smell bad, but brings unwanted health risks into our homes. (like cancer...do a Google search on chlorine in drinking water) Thank God my drinking water comes out of a well...

PS: Chlorine also totally ruins an otherwise good cup of coffee...

Bud
drinks beer!!! much better!!

Old 04-03-2013, 09:43 PM

2 posts, read 2,282 times
Flouride is not only bad for bones but, your pineal gland as well.... Fluoride Action Network | Fluoride in Water & Bone Fracture

Old 04-03-2013, 11:50 PM

1,923 posts, read 4,715,922 times
Fluoride is also really bad for those with Hypothyroidism.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:30 AM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,198,331 times
Unhappy How sad....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak.nessa View Post
Juneau is one step ahead of us, they don't have fluoridated city water.

Anchorage puts ridiculously high amounts of fluoride into city tap water. We really need to get in touch with City Council and try to get the fluoride out of our water!!! It is terrible to ingest. It causes bone cancer and it collects over time in a gland in your brain causing lethargy. Do some research and you'll be disturbed. It's OK in toothpaste - but toothpaste is not for eating! And using a Brita filter will NOT remove fluoride.

We need to realize what we are drinking is poison - I can't believe people let their kids drink this water. If things don't change I am going to find a house with non-fluoridated well water...ASAP!!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage