Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 04:01 PM

941 posts, read 1,794,613 times

Advertisements

I repeat my apology for posting on this forum once again.

I'm retired basically on a fixed income and found a unique way to have enough money to go around. If I don't need it I don't buy it. I found out when I was doing my apprenticeship during the start of the Korean War if I didn't spend it I still had the money which is a rather unique concept that has allowed me to survive the several recessions we've had since those long ago days. I also learned to make myself very useful to my bosses and do the things they needed done usually without their asking me to do it. Somehow they figured it out that I did the job and didn't complain about what I had to do. Eventually I got most of the choice assignments which made things easier on my Psyche.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 04:06 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,750,170 times
Let's see now....he refuses to take a job for less due to his grandiose sense of self importance for earning a degree....yet expects and is fighting for others (cable co.) to cut their income wages so he doesn't have to pay so much.....everything goes hand in hand in this world....for his ideas to work EVERYONE including him would have to take a major cut in pay.....duhhhhh...

Old 12-15-2009, 04:08 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,770,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Met, next time we're in Anchorage at the same time, Moose's Tooth my treat...beer of your choice!
I hardly feel worthy...I'm not an engineer. Just buy me a Coors and I'll be grateful

Old 12-15-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
Let's see now....he refuses to take a job for less due to his grandiose sense of self importance for earning a degree....yet expects and is fighting for others (cable co.) to cut their income wages so he doesn't have to pay so much.....everything goes hand in hand in this world....for his ideas to work EVERYONE including him would have to take a major cut in pay.....duhhhhh...
Not to mention whining the blues about the costs of eating in restaurants...probably expects the peons there to take pay cuts so he can feed his face for less...

Old 12-15-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
I repeat my apology for posting on this forum once again.

I'm retired basically on a fixed income and found a unique way to have enough money to go around. If I don't need it I don't buy it. I found out when I was doing my apprenticeship during the start of the Korean War if I didn't spend it I still had the money which is a rather unique concept that has allowed me to survive the several recessions we've had since those long ago days. I also learned to make myself very useful to my bosses and do the things they needed done usually without their asking me to do it. Somehow they figured it out that I did the job and didn't complain about what I had to do. Eventually I got most of the choice assignments which made things easier on my Psyche.
Please don't feel you need to apologize for posting on this forum, and please don't stop doing so. Your posts help to lower the idjit ratio.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:16 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,159,707 times
If he's sick of paying prices for internet, just get rid of it! If he's complaining about prices in Anchorage and how high they are, he wouldn't last one day here in Bush Alaska. If you want to whine about sky high prices there, move out here for a few months.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:17 PM

Quit complaining, you're burning my fries!

Old 12-15-2009, 04:20 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,750,170 times
Quote:
If he's sick of paying prices for internet, just get rid of it! If he's complaining about prices in Anchorage and how high they are, he wouldn't last one day here in Bush Alaska. If you want to whine about sky high prices there, move out here for a few months.
aakkk....retract that statement Warpt...sound too much like an invite to move to Bethel!!! course he wouldn't last long but he could become homeless then you'd be stuck with him!!! Idjit extraordinaire!!!

Old 12-15-2009, 04:27 PM

941 posts, read 1,794,613 times
Quote:
Met, next time we're in Anchorage at the same time, Moose's Tooth my treat...beer of your choice!
Hey we're supposed to meet for coffee. Does this mean I'll also have to swill beer?

Old 12-15-2009, 04:28 PM

I'll have coffee, I don't drink...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage