Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 04:33 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,924,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Did you correct them in the comments section (if there was one)?

I emailed a local TV station (kinda-sorta lost my temper) because one of their morning news-readers (they're not journalists!) called the AZ bill, "the anti-immigrant bill".

I wasn't the only one - because the next day they called it the "anti-illegal bill" - they said they had received several emails and phone calls
Good for you! Too many people don't do anything about it and just gripe.

Some might call it semantics but wording means a lot. It makes us sound like we are against ALL immigration. They conveniently leave out the word "illegal" but I've commented on that before. It aggravates me to no end!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 06:33 PM

286 posts, read 536,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesmoses View Post
I think, instead of deporting the illegal aliens, Arizona should keep them. Put them on giant prison farms, and they could grow all kinds of organic vegetables, chickens , eggs, and manufacturing. And Arizona could sell all the cheap goods around the World, and build up a booming economy for Arizona. I think this could be done with the help of Obama, in a way that would be good good for the illegal aliens, and Mexico, and Arizona and the USA.

What, make them work? The ACLU would NEVER allow that!

Old 07-10-2010, 08:41 PM

299 posts, read 567,245 times
Default " illegal alien " .. became "illegal immigrant" .. and now it may be changing into "immigrant lacking legal status" ....

... "Could you step out of the car please ... We have a report this vehicle's been stolen."

... "Que?" ... "No hablo Ingles"

... "Well, there's 12 of you in the car .. does ANYONE speak Ingles .. I mean English?"

... "Si .. I speak a little Ingles."

... " Could you ask everyone to please step out of the car and line up behind the vehicle."

... "Si"

( the passengers exit the vehicle )

"May I see the driver's license and registration"

... "He says he doesn't have his license with him, and he has no registration"

... "Does the car belong to HIM?"

... "Si .. ahora."

... "Que? ... I mean, what?"

... "He says it does now. He just got it."

... "Well, this vehicle has been reported stolen .. I need to see his ID and proof of legal ownership."

... "All he has is a mexican ID"

... "What about legal ownership?"

... "He is unable to prove that."

( "psst ... que? ... psst psst psst ... oh, muy bueno, juan." )

... "One of my friends points out that the car has not been stolen, the driver's possession merely lacks legal status.. And lack of legal status is not a crime in america."

... "What is he .. a lawyer?"

( "es abogado? .. carrumba!!")

... "Si, he is." ... "I was unaware of this .. we joined up with him as we were crossing the ..... uh ...... street. ... si, the street."

... "This is all starting to sound pretty suspicious. .. I'm gonna have to see everyone's ID."

( psst psst psst psst !! ... psst? ...... si, verdad !!)

... "My lawyer friend wants to know of what you are suspicious.. Could you be thinking that we are all like the car .. lacking legal status? .. Are you attempting to establish our legal status?"

... "NO ... WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR LEGAL STATUS ... NOT ME"

( psst psst psst ...... muy bueno, amigo .. hehe )

... "My lawyer friend says he is feeling quite profiled at the moment."

( psst pssst psssst psst psst psst ...... psst .. no, gracias pablo, pero no pienso que es necesario." )

... "In fact, we are ALL feeling very profiled.. My amigo Pablo is quite upset.. He was offering ... wrong word ... I mean he was close to crying .. I think he is trying to obtain the services of our lawyer friend."

... "Hey .. No need for lawyers here.. Nobody's being profiled.. or even suspected of anything.. Heck, 12 people in an undocumented car with no ID's and only one of them able to speak English .. sorry, I mean Ingles .. don't seem AT ALL suspicious to me.. Heck, I was about to tell you all to go ahead and leave."

... "A wise decision, my friend."

( psst psst psst )

... "And don't let this happen again."

... "Oh, believe me .. it won't. Heck, I won't stop ANY hispanics, for ANYTHING."

... "HUH? ... OH MY GOD ... I DIDN'T MEAN HISPANIC .. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I MEANT .. BUT IT WASN'T HISPANIC !!!" ..... " I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE YOU WERE HISPANIC ... ARE YOU ??? "

... " I think it would be best if we left now.. Before you get yourself into more trouble.. I'd hate to see you lose your job over one foolish mistake."

... " Oh, THANK YOU ... In fact, first thing in the morning, I think I'm gonna put in for retirement.. This job is getting way too stressful.."

... " I think that is a good idea for you.. You DO seem quite stressed..
If you don't mind me mentioning .. I hear mexico is a good place to retire .. Things are cheap, and its not very crowded these days.. I can give you the address where I myself used to live.. I know there's an empty apartment there."

tiberius

Old 07-10-2010, 09:07 PM

286 posts, read 536,086 times
Five years ago, my friend was rear-ended in a parking lot in Roseville, CA by illegals. They stopped and laughed at her when she asked for their insurance and license. She called the police, who came out and told her there was nothing they could do, hopefully she had uninsured motorist. He couldn't arrest them even though they were in the country illegally because they, the police, had been instructed not do so.

Of course this was five years ago when apparently it was ok for illegals to destroy your property with no repercussions but doubtfully nothing has changed.

We had a governor named Grey Davis, who was often called 'Red' Davis who wanted to issue driver's licenses for illegals because as he explained the 'undocumented immigrants' would be happy to pay for registration and buy insurance.

Now why would they want to do that if they can cause an accident and walk away from it guilt free?

Stupid CA politicians.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:05 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,233,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
... "Could you step out of the car please ... We have a report this vehicle's been stolen."

... "Que?" ... "No hablo Ingles"

... "Well, there's 12 of you in the car .. does ANYONE speak Ingles .. I mean English?"

... "Si .. I speak a little Ingles."

... " Could you ask everyone to please step out of the car and line up behind the vehicle."

... "Si"

( the passengers exit the vehicle )

"May I see the driver's license and registration"

... "He says he doesn't have his license with him, and he has no registration"

... "Does the car belong to HIM?"

... "Si .. ahora."

... "Que? ... I mean, what?"

... "He says it does now. He just got it."

... "Well, this vehicle has been reported stolen .. I need to see his ID and proof of legal ownership."

... "All he has is a mexican ID"

... "What about legal ownership?"

... "He is unable to prove that."

( "psst ... que? ... psst psst psst ... oh, muy bueno, juan." )

... "One of my friends points out that the car has not been stolen, the driver's possession merely lacks legal status.. And lack of legal status is not a crime in america."

... "What is he .. a lawyer?"

( "es abogado? .. carrumba!!")

... "Si, he is." ... "I was unaware of this .. we joined up with him as we were crossing the ..... uh ...... street. ... si, the street."

... "This is all starting to sound pretty suspicious. .. I'm gonna have to see everyone's ID."

( psst psst psst psst !! ... psst? ...... si, verdad !!)

... "My lawyer friend wants to know of what you are suspicious.. Could you be thinking that we are all like the car .. lacking legal status? .. Are you attempting to establish our legal status?"

... "NO ... WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR LEGAL STATUS ... NOT ME"

( psst psst psst ...... muy bueno, amigo .. hehe )

... "My lawyer friend says he is feeling quite profiled at the moment."

( psst pssst psssst psst psst psst ...... psst .. no, gracias pablo, pero no pienso que es necesario." )

... "In fact, we are ALL feeling very profiled.. My amigo Pablo is quite upset.. He was offering ... wrong word ... I mean he was close to crying .. I think he is trying to obtain the services of our lawyer friend."

... "Hey .. No need for lawyers here.. Nobody's being profiled.. or even suspected of anything.. Heck, 12 people in an undocumented car with no ID's and only one of them able to speak English .. sorry, I mean Ingles .. don't seem AT ALL suspicious to me.. Heck, I was about to tell you all to go ahead and leave."

... "A wise decision, my friend."

( psst psst psst )

... "And don't let this happen again."

... "Oh, believe me .. it won't. Heck, I won't stop ANY hispanics, for ANYTHING."

... "HUH? ... OH MY GOD ... I DIDN'T MEAN HISPANIC .. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I MEANT .. BUT IT WASN'T HISPANIC !!!" ..... " I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE YOU WERE HISPANIC ... ARE YOU ??? "

... " I think it would be best if we left now.. Before you get yourself into more trouble.. I'd hate to see you lose your job over one foolish mistake."

... " Oh, THANK YOU ... In fact, first thing in the morning, I think I'm gonna put in for retirement.. This job is getting way too stressful.."

... " I think that is a good idea for you.. You DO seem quite stressed..
If you don't mind me mentioning .. I hear mexico is a good place to retire .. Things are cheap, and its not very crowded these days.. I can give you the address where I myself used to live.. I know there's an empty apartment there."

tiberius

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykatt View Post
Five years ago, my friend was rear-ended in a parking lot in Roseville, CA by illegals. They stopped and laughed at her when she asked for their insurance and license. She called the police, who came out and told her there was nothing they could do, hopefully she had uninsured motorist. He couldn't arrest them even though they were in the country illegally because they, the police, had been instructed not do so.

Of course this was five years ago when apparently it was ok for illegals to destroy your property with no repercussions but doubtfully nothing has changed.

We had a governor named Grey Davis, who was often called 'Red' Davis who wanted to issue driver's licenses for illegals because as he explained the 'undocumented immigrants' would be happy to pay for registration and buy insurance.

Now why would they want to do that if they can cause an accident and walk away from it guilt free?

Stupid CA politicians.
OMG, that is so wrong on so many levels. I'm just sitting here shaking my head in disbelief.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:02 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,536,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

OMG, that is so wrong on so many levels. I'm just sitting here shaking my head in disbelief.
Believe it! It happened in California, after all.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:17 PM

299 posts, read 567,245 times
Default "OH .. My neck .. I'm injured." ......

I've seen on tv (like on "60 minutes") .. where a big thing with illegals is to get several of them in a car and pull in front of another car and slam on their brakes, causing the other car to run into them.. They are put up to it by crooked lawyers, but they know what they're doing and are very willing participants.. The lawyer then sends them to "his" doctor and they are all found to have neck or back injuries ... and the lawyer sues the insurance company.. Even though they are illegal, the law says that has nothing to do with them being wrongfully injured.. And its been driving everyone elses insurance up..

And before anyone says that OTHER people do it too ... I KNOW they do .. but its apparentally a big enough thing with hispanic illegals to have "60 Minutes" and other shows do programs on it.

tiberius

Old 07-11-2010, 12:27 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,233,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
I've seen on tv (like on "60 minutes") .. where a big thing with illegals is to get several of them in a car and pull in front of another car and slam on their brakes, causing the other car to run into them.. They are put up to it by crooked lawyers, but they know what they're doing and are very willing participants.. The lawyer then sends them to "his" doctor and they are all found to have neck or back injuries ... and the lawyer sues the insurance company.. Even though they are illegal, the law says that has nothing to do with them being wrongfully injured.. And its been driving everyone elses insurance up..

And before anyone says that OTHER people do it too ... I KNOW they do .. but its apparentally a big enough thing with hispanic illegals to have "60 Minutes" and other shows do programs on it.

tiberius

Oh yes, that has been going on for years around here, tiberius! Mod Cut.. (around here) Gawwd, the "average Joe Schmo" doesn't stand much of a chance anymore with all that goes on around them on a daily basis. "Wrong place, wrong time" could happen to anyone of us at any second of the day! No offense to a "good" lawyer but those snakes should be put in jail along with his/her "amigos". (did I spell that right?) [I have no intention of learning Spanish although I'd love to understand secretly what they are saying! ]

Last edited by Grannysroost; 07-13-2010 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: Off topic. This is about illegals, not ethnic groups.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:37 PM

682 posts, read 2,568,921 times
No other country on the planet allows illegals to obtain "squatters rights" so that they can lay claim to their "rights" and obtain citizenship just because they made it across the border.

The sanest thing I have heard about the immigration policy of Arizona is when Governor Brewer said, "Go home and take your kids with you."

The front page of the online AZ paper has a story about illegals holding prayers for reform (amnesty) and to let them stay here. I have no more pity or empathy for these illegals. If they are worried about breaking up their families, then they should stop having kids until they are citizens of the country where they want to live permanently.

I have never felt that a policeman, employer, school, hospital, etc was out to get me when they asked for my drivers license or other identifying paper work. This whole "racial profiling" garbage is enough already. If you are against amnesty for all, then start making a noise now because it will be the next big push by this administration.

All US citizens have had a lot of their "rights" taken away by several decades of abuse by Congress and Presidents. The fact that policemen can ask possible illegals for identification pales in comparison to what each of us have lost with our "rights'.

altus2006

Old 07-11-2010, 05:34 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,536,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykatt View Post
What, make them work? The ACLU would NEVER allow that!
The ones that would really raise a stink would be the labor unions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona