Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2007, 06:44 PM

9 posts, read 31,869 times

Advertisements

My husband has been offered a job in Flagstaff. We are in central Illinois right now. We enjoy bbqing, hiking, fishing, animals, 4 wheelers and I guess what some would call redneck stuff. I can say this because my husband is originally from Tennessee. I have researched some and can allready see we can not afford a place in Flagstaff. We are looking around the 150,000 range and perferabbly not in a subdivision or neighborhood. We have a 9 and 5 year old and want to move to a safe town with good schools not too far from Flagstaff. Can anyone offer any suggestions or information for me to research. If you have links send them my way because I love to research. I am also in college persuing my registered nursing degree so a community college would be great also.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
Brandi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 10:35 AM

34 posts, read 167,068 times
If you want to live in a country setting, look up the 86004 zipcode (Doney Park and Timberline). Also, on the south side of town there is Mountainaire and Kachina, where the housing is a bit cheaper and it's not a subdivision feel (86001 zipcode). But... for 150K you won't really be able to find anything in Flagstaff. Probably not even land. Sorry! You could look in Williams, which is about 30 minutes away and a little cheaper. Or try Parks (halfway between Flagstaff and Williams), but they have water issues there. It is beautiful though, and I think it's almost as expensive as Flagstaff, but you might be able to find some land and put a nice manufactured home on it. The minimum zoning for houses there is 1 acre, so it's all rural and in tall pines. In Flagstaff for 200K you could get a manufactured home in a neighborhood called Railroad Springs, which is actually very nice and very close to the university so you could get your RN degree. My sister lived in that neighborhood with her two kids, and they loved the park and the forest trail that is right behind the neighborhood. Flagstaff has a great urban trail that goes through the forest and connects neighborhoods and NAU. Avoid the area called Sunnyside in Flagstaff -- it's cheaper but it's also the only area in Flagstaff with gangs and high crime. You don't want your kids there.

Look up Northern Arizona Multiple Listing Service. You could look up Flagstaff or Williams from that website.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona