Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 03:36 AM

2 posts, read 7,014 times

Advertisements

I'm going to keep this simple and straight to the point...

A couple months ago, my wife and I were forced to rent a trailer in Kingman, AZ.(we were given a 7, day notice to move out because our greedy family member decided to sell the house from under our feet.) We are on a month to month agreement with the landlord here. But we didn't sign a lease, or a contract. Our rent is $350, a month..... This place is a complete **** hole... But lately we started having a ROACH problem..... My question is, does my landlord have to provide a bug service? Or do I give her a 72, hour notice to have this place sprayed? Which I will deducted the amount spent, right out of my rent? I don't know what to do here. But this can't continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 01:14 PM

19,446 posts, read 27,860,991 times
Try this: How to Get Rid of Roaches: 5 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

The boric acid method is really surprisingly effective, cheap and quick!

(But I don't know what this has to do with Arizona)

Old 06-08-2013, 05:07 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,435,088 times
I think the OP is asking about landlord obligations and tenant rights, not just how to eradicate the roaches.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:20 AM

19,446 posts, read 27,860,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
I think the OP is asking about landlord obligations and tenant rights, not just how to eradicate the roaches.
You're correct - but that can be difficult, expensive and take months. I figured getting rid of the nasty things in the meantime would be helpful. Sorry if I went OT.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:32 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,435,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
You're correct - but that can be difficult, expensive and take months. I figured getting rid of the nasty things in the meantime would be helpful. Sorry if I went OT.
You didn't, really, the suggestion was a good one. Other deleted posts were more the reason for my comment.

To the OP- you should make a request for an exterminator to the landlord, better in writing than orally- but be prepared for the lld to not cooperate, in which case you have to deal with the problem yourself. There are some other threads here with landlord/tenant resources. Use the search function and you should find some help!

Old 06-09-2013, 09:32 AM

90 posts, read 140,965 times
I'd find a new place to live.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:24 PM

2 posts, read 7,014 times
Thanks everyone for the information provided. Here's the update.

I had my wife look for another place to live while I was on the road. (truck driver)
Thankfully she found a beautiful home, roach free of course... Recently I just found out, my landlord is a meth head, so I probably won't be getting my deposit back. She probably smoked that away. I got rid of the roach problem by getting 2, cats.. They don't eat them, but they killed them. Also I bought 10 crickets and places them into the walls. I know it sounds weird. But I was reading roaches dislike them. Seemed to help.. Haven't seen a roach insight since. Thanks to the crickets, and the cats.

You guys have a good day.

Thank again for the information.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:55 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,437,286 times
Are you talking about cockroaches or what we call out here, sewer roaches ( the big ones) or what many call palmetto bugs? I haven't seen cockroaches out here but, sewer roaches are over the places. They're looking for water not food. If they get in the house you only see them one at a time...they don't hang out in groups like cockroaches. Like the name says, they come up your sewer pipes...keep the drains closed...just open them to let water go down and then close them back up.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:23 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,596,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteMercenary1 View Post
I'm going to keep this simple and straight to the point...

A couple months ago, my wife and I were forced to rent a trailer in Kingman, AZ.(we were given a 7, day notice to move out because our greedy family member decided to sell the house from under our feet.) We are on a month to month agreement with the landlord here. But we didn't sign a lease, or a contract. Our rent is $350, a month..... This place is a complete **** hole... But lately we started having a ROACH problem..... My question is, does my landlord have to provide a bug service? Or do I give her a 72, hour notice to have this place sprayed? Which I will deducted the amount spent, right out of my rent? I don't know what to do here. But this can't continue.
Seriously, get the hell out of there and find another cheap place. Maybe not that cheap though (cant even rent someone's couch for $350 where I'm from). Roaches are horrific. I been through it once before in San Diego. Rented a cheap apartment and as soon as the sun went down the day I moved in, they came in droves. I went to landlord who said he would have them exterminated. The spray reduced them a little for maybe 2 days after. I was stuck. I always ate out because they got to all food not refrigerated. I made a custom coaster with duct taped edges (I about died drinking a roach ) I moved my bed to the middle of my bedroom so they wouldn't get onto it from the wall like they seemed to love to do. Than they started falling off the ceiling onto my bed. I moved out after a few months, after deciding no human should have to endure those conditions, and instead of trying to help landlord would say, "You must have brought them with you." . Consider that notice a godsend and leave. Good luck. Replace all your electronics.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:43 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,772,911 times
Cover any thing out of cabinets that needs protected. Remove any animals, birds, fish, etc. Shut down any electrical appliance, etc. that may cause a spark. Set off a bug bomb (where the sell pesticides will know what that is) per room. Stay out for a couple of hours, then return to open windows to air out the fumes. Roaches and other insect pests will all be dead. Will beat any spray, as it gets into walls, crevices, etc. where roaches hide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona