Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 05:48 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,173,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippet2 View Post
First, thanks for the information and responses.

Can anyone give me the names of some streets in the Butler area. I have a map but can't really figure out where it is. I know it is in the north part but am a little confused. It looks like the college is in the north area, but I hear that is a good area. Also, I keep hearing about "North Kingman" and "New Kingman". Is that the same as the Butler area? We are going to come to AZ and check things out before moving there next year, but I'm trying to do as much homework as possible before that. Thanks again!!
rambrush is quite knowledgeable; your best bet may be to PM him

Mohave Community College and points further out on Stockton Hill Rd are indeed nice.

Rule of thumb: if you stay west of Stockton Hill Rd and north of Northern Ave, it is by and large nice due in part to being within the city limits of Kingman. East of that highway; as rambrush pointed out, things can get sketchy. Birdland is in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 08:43 AM

13,247 posts, read 21,865,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
rambrush is quite knowledgeable; your best bet may be to PM him

Mohave Community College and points further out on Stockton Hill Rd are indeed nice.

Rule of thumb: if you stay west of Stockton Hill Rd and north of Northern Ave, it is by and large nice due in part to being within the city limits of Kingman. East of that highway; as rambrush pointed out, things can get sketchy. Birdland is in that area.
Sorry to bump this thread, but I'm new here and catching up, and just had to chime in here.

To tell folks to stay away from the east part of Kingman is telling folks to stay away from what we consider to be the best part.

We did our research before we moved to Kingman, and now living here absolutely confirms our choice. The best area for us is southeast Kingman. It's in the Hualapia school district, which is the best school district. What I'm talking about can be found along Southern Ave, which splits right down the middle the triangle made by Hualapai Mountain Rd and Louise Ave.

Along the west end of Southern Ave are many streets of smaller homes that are a bit older. Continuing west on Southern you will cross Eastern Ave. Keep going, and this is where the newest and nicest neighborhoods are. First you will come to Fripps Ranch. It's really nice community, but the folks that live there complain about Fripps as a builder. I don't recommend Fripp's Ranch for that reason. Continue east, and you will get to Central Ave. If you turn on that, or the next streets, you come to Southern Vista Estates and the new Mountain Shadows communities. These neighborhoods are still mostly under construction. However, the houses being built here are very nice. There are some 1 acre lots with large homes, and some mansions. There are several new streets with 1/2 acre and 1/4 acre lots as well.

Continuing east, the large area between Seneca and Cherokee is very nice. 1/2 acre lots, houses are about 5 years old, nicely landscaped, etc. I forget the name of that area, we have friends who live there.

When you get to the eastern end of Southern, you get to Rancho San Antonio. This is a large community of very nice houses. I don't think anybody can drive through there and not be impressed. This is close to Rattlesnake Wash, where there's a proposal for a new freeway interchange.

This whole area is also a bit higher in elevation being closer to the Hualapai mountains. Almost everyone has views of the city of Kingman (don't laugh, it looks great at night), and the views of the Hualapai mountains is spectacular. The only downside is that houses are very expensive. I guess you could say this is where the yuppies live. There's a big mall going in at the corner of Southern and Eastern and I can't wait to see what kind of stores are going in there. And BTW, this area is also a long way from Birdland (which does have a very bad reputation.)

There's also a tremendous amount of growth going east on Airway Ave from Andy Devine. A lot of new street and homes. This is the Kingman Crossing area where the new I-40 interchange and proposed mall would be located.

Here's a link to a google maps view of the area.
kingman, az - Google Maps

Cheers,
Kdog

Old 08-17-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Sorry to bump this thread, but I'm new here and catching up, and just had to chime in here.

To tell folks to stay away from the east part of Kingman is telling folks to stay away from what we consider to be the best part.

We did our research before we moved to Kingman, and now living here absolutely confirms our choice. The best area for us is southeast Kingman. It's in the Hualapia school district, which is the best school district. What I'm talking about can be found along Southern Ave, which splits right down the middle the triangle made by Hualapai Mountain Rd and Louise Ave.

Along the west end of Southern Ave are many streets of smaller homes that are a bit older. Continuing west on Southern you will cross Eastern Ave. Keep going, and this is where the newest and nicest neighborhoods are. First you will come to Fripps Ranch. It's really nice community, but the folks that live there complain about Fripps as a builder. I don't recommend Fripp's Ranch for that reason. Continue east, and you will get to Central Ave. If you turn on that, or the next streets, you come to Southern Vista Estates and the new Mountain Shadows communities. These neighborhoods are still mostly under construction. However, the houses being built here are very nice. There are some 1 acre lots with large homes, and some mansions. There are several new streets with 1/2 acre and 1/4 acre lots as well.

Continuing east, the large area between Seneca and Cherokee is very nice. 1/2 acre lots, houses are about 5 years old, nicely landscaped, etc. I forget the name of that area, we have friends who live there.

When you get to the eastern end of Southern, you get to Rancho San Antonio. This is a large community of very nice houses. I don't think anybody can drive through there and not be impressed. This is close to Rattlesnake Wash, where there's a proposal for a new freeway interchange.

This whole area is also a bit higher in elevation being closer to the Hualapai mountains. Almost everyone has views of the city of Kingman (don't laugh, it looks great at night), and the views of the Hualapai mountains is spectacular. The only downside is that houses are very expensive. I guess you could say this is where the yuppies live. There's a big mall going in at the corner of Southern and Eastern and I can't wait to see what kind of stores are going in there. And BTW, this area is also a long way from Birdland (which does have a very bad reputation.)

There's also a tremendous amount of growth going east on Airway Ave from Andy Devine. A lot of new street and homes. This is the Kingman Crossing area where the new I-40 interchange and proposed mall would be located.

Here's a link to a google maps view of the area.
kingman, az - Google Maps

Cheers,
Kdog
Note that I stated that the City of Kingman is, by and large, OK.

Some of the county areas are sketchy......as in N of I 40 and E of Stockton Hill Rd.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:08 PM

13,247 posts, read 21,865,100 times
Ah, gotcha. Isn't Birdland in the city? I haven't figured out where all of the borders are. Just wanted to point out where the nice new neighborhoods we're going in. I would never second guess you, 'Bear. You're the man!

Cheers,
Kdog

Old 08-17-2007, 07:21 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,483,695 times
I may be wrong but birdland is county and has another fire company there. Lazy Y U is very nice but requires a well and if ya need power brought in its going to cost some serious money.

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Marka; 08-18-2007 at 04:18 AM.. Reason: see PM

Old 08-17-2007, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambrush View Post
I may be wrong but birdland is county and has another fire company there. Lazy Y U is very nice but requires a well and if ya need power brought in its going to cost some serious money.

I have no idea why markablue deleted my post explaining things but they are way strict here and love to play by the letter of the law.

I believe it explained the whos and whats to all but oh well he deleted it
I think that Birdland is in the Hualapai Fire District.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Ah, gotcha. Isn't Birdland in the city? I haven't figured out where all of the borders are. Just wanted to point out where the nice new neighborhoods we're going in. I would never second guess you, 'Bear. You're the man!

Cheers,
Kdog
Thank you for the vote of confidence but; when it involves day by day stuff re: Kingman and surrounding areas, 'rambrush' is da true man.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:39 PM

Quote:
I think that Birdland is in the Hualapai Fire District.
You are correct! I just was not trying to mention it with all of the hate and discontent going on with them currently. Search for there website and its got info posted there.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the vote of confidence but; when it involves day by day stuff re: Kingman and surrounding areas, 'rambrush' is da true man.

Yor going to make me blush!

Old 08-26-2007, 12:09 AM

44 posts, read 116,564 times
Exclamation Kingman info

I have to add something here; somewhat of a factual type opinion...everyone talks about the "bad" areas and the "good" areas. To get an idea of what MOST of the people who live in Birdland or Butler are like, go to Wal-Mart or any of the restaurants in Kingman. The people who are your cashier, server or other low paid employee in Kingman are the ones who live in Birdland or Butler and OWN their modest home. Granted, there are a lot of people who do not take care of their property, but usually they are renting the single wide mobile for about $400-600 a month and are scraping by. There are many well kept mobiles and homes in these areas, and I think it is unfair to condemn people for where they live. I am certain that there is just as much unsavory activity going on behind the doors of those "Rancho Santa Fe" tract, (et al) houses that people assume are the Best Areas of Kingman...in fact the person who stole the most from me lives in prestigidous Lazy Y U ranch area...and the big huge house across from me houses a theives den. Bt alas, because of their social ties, the local law enforcement "will not" do anything about their activities. In otherwords, where someone lives is NOT indicative of their quality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona