Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 07:23 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,787,931 times

Advertisements

Looking at some properties in the Kingman area and seeing a lot of use of hauled water. Living in FL I can't imagine this, so I figured best to ask those who know first hand...
How often do you normally get your supply, how much water would you get at a time, and how much does it cost??
This would be for a "normal" home - say a 3/2 with 2 people. (and some cats
Do you have to worry about say, changing a 40 gallon fishtank? Or taking an extra long shower? Are the companies reliable?
Thanks for any info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 07:29 PM

247 posts, read 575,848 times
This is typical in many parts of Arizona, but at least its warm. I live in Montana and in our area almost everyone in the country hauls water from a community well down close to the river, people here will pay 300.000 dollars for 20 acres of land and haul there water and store it in cisterns. Kingman and east of there is a nice area as well as golden valley and down to bullhead city..

Old 12-01-2011, 04:59 AM

1,552 posts, read 6,473,562 times
We who live in the city limits and also some county areas have water and you don't have to haul it.
Golden valley has Pioneer water company who covers quite a bit of that area. SOHI has its own water piped in as well.
Some haul there own water some have it delivered but I have no idea on the cost.
Our place in Montana we have our own well so no hauling there either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
Looking at some properties in the Kingman area and seeing a lot of use of hauled water. Living in FL I can't imagine this, so I figured best to ask those who know first hand...
How often do you normally get your supply, how much water would you get at a time, and how much does it cost??
This would be for a "normal" home - say a 3/2 with 2 people. (and some cats
Do you have to worry about say, changing a 40 gallon fishtank? Or taking an extra long shower? Are the companies reliable?
Thanks for any info!

Old 12-01-2011, 10:29 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,694,346 times
Usage wise I doubt your habits will change much if you move from what you do now.
Why don't you take a look at your current water usage from your last year's bill and see how many gallons you are using monthly?
That will tell you how many gallons you are using anyway.
Then perhaps someone can provide information on what they are paying for so many gallons to be brought it for you.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:26 AM

4,598 posts, read 6,352,889 times
Here is a calculator to use to figure your monthly water usage: Calculator.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 11-25-2014, 06:18 AM

5 posts, read 44,226 times
Hi - we are looking to relocate to Flagstaff or Parks. If you don't have a well you need to have water haul. Being a city person this sounds a bit scary. While having a large cistern tank is good and having a gage so you see when you run low, where is the water coming from? What is the quality of the water? Will the tank freeze in winter? I heard Williams is having a bad time of it with the water haul. Does anyone have experience/info on this issue? Guidance/advise is most welcome.
thanks.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:44 PM

119 posts, read 232,514 times
I have water brought in at $65.00 per 2000 gallons . for two of us that lasts a month . hauling my own in a 500 gallon cap tank averaged out at less than $ 20.00 per 2000 gallons .

Old 11-26-2014, 08:48 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,945,993 times
We haul water at my work. 2500 gallon tank, usually lasts a couple weeks, or upwards of a month when it's slow (we have very low water usage though). Cost to haul will also depend on how far you are from whoever is hauling it. The farther they have to drive, the more they charge. There's a few different companies who do it as well. Alternatively, you can get large plastic cisterns for a truck bed, and haul your own for way cheaper.

So it's really hard to determine how much it'll cost without knowing (1) how much water you use on a monthly basis, (2) how far away it is, (3) what company you'd go with.

Currently, we've got a deal with the company we use... I think we pay something like $75 / haul, and they just top us off. Sometimes that means it's a bit expensive, sometimes it means we save money. Flat rate deals like that aren't the norm, though.

As for freezing, our tank is underground, so we don't have to worry about that. All the pipes in the lodge are wrapped in insulation as well.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:44 AM

5 posts, read 44,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Fork Rat View Post
I have water brought in at $65.00 per 2000 gallons . for two of us that lasts a month . hauling my own in a 500 gallon cap tank averaged out at less than $ 20.00 per 2000 gallons .
Thank you for the info. Do you filter the water after you get it? We are planning on saving run-off water for plants/animals. Any other info on living in Parks or Flag?

Thanks all.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:22 AM

1 posts, read 17,066 times
Who hauls water to yucca?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona