Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 11:14 AM

1 posts, read 5,117 times

Advertisements

Looking for the best place to live (master planned community, gated community's with private/public courses). Thinking about heading down next month to check out places to live for me and my family...I have 3 kids in elementary and we all love to golf. Like to live in a gated community with golf inside the neighborhood were we can jump on our golf cart and go play. Are there any places like this or even community's that have more than one golf course to play with one membership?

Thanks for your info!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 11:27 AM

2,203 posts, read 9,324,554 times
Are you looking in the Phoenix metro area, or outside of Phoenix. Golf is big throughout Arizona, so what you're looking for as far as a golf community isn't going to be hard to find. What other types of things are you looking for in a community? Metro area, shopping, mild winters, 4-season weather, desert, pines, type of community activities? There's lots of choices in AZ. Let us know what you're looking for . . . besides access to great golf.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:32 PM

323 posts, read 993,390 times
Tatum Ranch in Cave Creek, good schools, gated and a golf course.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:10 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,752,843 times
Depends on your budget. Blackstone up here in Vistancia would be first on my list. The homes start in the high $500K for a town house and go over a million for a more custom home. Vistancia has other gated communities within the development, Cachet, T.W. Lewis are two and the homes are in the high $500K's. Entrada by Shea, has a really nice sale going on, the single story they have started out at $600K and is now $399K. There is a great golf course across the road at Trilogy. Vistancia also has a new elementary school that opened last year and it is right on site. Best of luck to you.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:08 PM

611 posts, read 2,308,691 times
michaeltarnold, welcome soon to AZ!

I agree with Gretchen B's questions as there are many great places in AZ with different climates (due to elevation) and terrain.

If you're targeting Phoenix, then I second Motleycrew's recommendation. Vistancia has 3 sub-communities: Blackstone, Vistancia Village, and Trilogy. Both of the Blackstone and Trilogy communities are completely gated and have golf courses. Blackstone has a private golf course and Trilogy has a public one. Vistancia Village is not gated; however, there are (off the top of my head) 5 or 6 gated neighborhood sections within Vistancia Village that are gated. You do not need to live in a gated community here to be safe because it is very safe here. Home prices range from $170s to over a million. So you could spend less (or more) than the prices Motleycrew mentioned and still be able to use all of the wonderful community amenities and golf courses. For example, we also have friends that live in Vistancia Village that bought Blackstone memberships so that they could golf there too.

Vistancia is located in north Peoria, and has one of the best school districts in all of Phoenix and AZ. That's one of the reasons we moved here. The residents here are very active in the schools. We came from a school with lots of parent involvement, so it is great to see a lot of parent volunteers at Vistancia Elementary (K-8) too. Vistancia High School (9-12) is also planned to built here within the next few years. Even though last year was Vistancia Elementary's first year, they did a phenomenal job. A news article in The Peoria Republic reported: "The Peoria Unified School District came out on top of recent AIMS test results, with district passing averages surpassing state averages in every category. Some schools shined in various categories. At Vistancia Elementary, 99 percent of seventh-graders passed the writing test." We were very pleased with Vistancia Elementary last year and are happy so far this year too. The teachers and staff are great, and they have an excellent pre-school program also.

About golf carts, Vistancia residents here do have fun driving theirs to friends' homes, school, community amenities and events, the golf courses, the Verde Grill (public restaurant), and soon to the other retail stores and offices. Safeway grocery store, Walgreens, other restaurants, banks, dentist office, and many other businesses will all soon be opening here inside Vistancia.

For more info about Vistancia and other good areas to consider, here is a link to another thread: https://www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...ng-valley.html

Best wishes in your search!

Old 09-26-2007, 05:57 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,959,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltarnold View Post
Looking for the best place to live (master planned community, gated community's with private/public courses). Thinking about heading down next month to check out places to live for me and my family...I have 3 kids in elementary and we all love to golf. Like to live in a gated community with golf inside the neighborhood were we can jump on our golf cart and go play. Are there any places like this or even community's that have more than one golf course to play with one membership?

Thanks for your info!!
Troon in N Scottsdale.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:01 AM

111 posts, read 226,619 times
Troon? Nice golf but horrific people. A girl I dated used to live there and couldn't wait to get out, they redefine nasty up there. Unless you're 70+, a good part of Troon is retirees. If you're old then it'll be okay, if you're young then don't even think about it.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:53 AM

683 posts, read 2,652,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltarnold View Post
Looking for the best place to live (master planned community, gated community's with private/public courses).
Where are you from and what are you used to? How important is it to be in a master planned, gated community. How much money do you want to spend?

Old 09-27-2007, 08:06 AM

3 posts, read 17,009 times
I have a friend who lives in Bullhead City/Mohave and he lives on the eighth green (not a golfer so I hope my terminology is correct). He has a very nice house. It only has two bedrooms but I'm sure there are houses with more than the two. Of course, there is no backyard per se. The pool and hot tub take up all the room. There are a lot of empty houses there. And that was only one of the developments.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:57 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,170,377 times
Arrowhead Ranch, it's a master planned community with a golf course in your backyard, however it's not gated, but I think that one has a guard at the entrance or it may be a different one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona