Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 11:06 PM

4 posts, read 56,682 times

Advertisements

Hello all my husband might get a job in kingman and we live in San Diego ca I have a 16 month old and pregnant with my daughter. We are an interracial couple I'm Mexican hubby is white. I'm worried about crime and racism can I get a honest answer. I also have high anxiety due to being robbed at gun point so I just need reassurance if this is a safe place for my family, thanks in advance

Old 07-02-2012, 11:28 PM

223 posts, read 434,452 times
In the tri-state area (AZ, CA, NV) interracial couples are pretty common, so I don't think you'll have a problem there.

For details on Kingman go here: //www.city-data.com/city/Kingman-Arizona.html

Old 07-03-2012, 12:15 PM

thanks chaindrive i appreciate it. do you know if the crime has dropped? and why are there so many sex offenders there?

Old 07-03-2012, 02:09 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,822,364 times
We lived in Kingman for five years and left a year ago to return to San Jose where we are from. We were there for a job assignment, and it was a tough decision whether or not to leave the area. We loved it there. Most of the crime and sex offenders live in the poorer parts of town. There are some very cheap areas (trailer homes and the like), and those areas have a lot of petty crime, mostly perpetrated by meth-heads ripping off their neighbors. You will see very little violent crime like rapes, murders, armed robbery and the like. The smattering of violent crime that you will see is mainly domestic crime by drugged out family members. If you can afford to live in one of the nicer neighborhoods, you will see very little if any crime at all.

If you plan on staying a few years, then you should plan on moving into one of the better elementary school districts. The best districts are Hualapai and Manzanita. Our kids were in the Hualapai school district for five years and excelled. The teachers were caring and dedicated.

I'm jealous. If our situation were different, I'd move back to Kingman in a heartbeat.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:39 PM

thanks kdog what parts are the nicer areas? also what is the rent there we arent looking to stay there forever just a few or so years we want to move somewhere with the best education for our children since california isnt really excellent in that area ;/

Old 07-03-2012, 06:49 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,822,364 times
There are almost too many nice neighborhoods to name. Most of the neighborhoods in the aforementioned school districts are good. I lived in the Hualapai foothills area beween Hualapai Mountain Rd, and Louise Ave, all of which is east of Eastern Ave. There are a few large developments tucked in that area including Fripp's Ranch, Southern Vista Estates, Hualapai Shadows, Rancho Santa Fe, and probably others. It really depends on your budget. The country club area is nice, but I'm not sure what school district that's in. You really need to drive around and look at neighborhoods. If it looks like a nice neighborhood, it generally is.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:42 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,103,724 times
I'm gonna move.....been here bout 6 weeks.....and heard a siren yesterday.....also got caught in a 3 car traffic jam....

FAR northern part about 3 blocks south of COYOTES.....

This place is PARADISE

Lots of mobile home neighborhoods [ours is one of em] some are a little shakey lookin others are extremely nice....LOVE it here.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:24 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,401,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I'm gonna move.....been here bout 6 weeks.....and heard a siren yesterday.....also got caught in a 3 car traffic jam....

FAR northern part about 3 blocks south of COYOTES.....

This place is PARADISE

Lots of mobile home neighborhoods [ours is one of em] some are a little shakey lookin others are extremely nice....LOVE it here.

Glad it's working out for you!!

Old 07-10-2012, 06:14 PM

We will be visiting in a few weeks to check it out

Old 07-11-2012, 02:53 PM

223 posts, read 434,452 times
Hopefully you'll be able to visit while it's still hot so you can see what you're up against, weatherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona