Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 10:14 AM

2 posts, read 16,367 times

Advertisements

Is Holbrook crime as bad as I have heard. I am planning to retire there, but have heard alot of disturbing information from different people. Should I sell my lots or is it all exaggeration? Help!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-30-2007, 04:57 PM

82 posts, read 370,787 times
Its pretty bad there. The Native American's HATE anyone not Indian, and will steal the shirt off your back if your not looking. I have family who lives there so I can ask them any questions you may have. Really its a delapedated eyesore.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:40 PM

422 posts, read 1,271,316 times
Default Check the numbers.

You can check the actual crime categories and numbers on the fbi.gov website. You can check the other cities in AZ and also compare the numbers to your present location. This way you'll have a better idea of what is really going on in a particular location. I also live in AZ in a supposedly crime ridden neighborhood but yet my area is rarely mentioned on the news or the newspaper. I did my homework and so far this place has proved to be nothing like it's reputation.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:54 AM

3 posts, read 25,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryle View Post
Is Holbrook crime as bad as I have heard. I am planning to retire there, but have heard alot of disturbing information from different people. Should I sell my lots or is it all exaggeration? Help!!!!!!!!!
Holbrook is as safe as you can get in a rural area. The community is nice and so are the people no matter thier race. Holbrook is a diverse culture. As for crime well as all big cities and small towns "crystal meth" is a predominate drug there and thieves are bountiful. Just safe guarding your home with lights and an security alarm deters the would be thief looking for valualbles to sell for drugs. I would say give Holbrook a try or come spend a few weeks just visiting. Like any place in American there are vagrants and such and all you do if they approach you is tell them your not interested and go on about your business. Holbrook for now is still a good small community. You can call our Chamber of Commerce for more information.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:03 AM

Sorry the "Native Americans" supposedly took your shirt. I am a Native American "Navajo" who has lived in Holbrook all my life. Since a child growing up in Holbrook I have seen many a white man and woman show much prejudice towards my people and many Navajos have begun to react back. As far as ALL the Native Americans hating the white people in Holbrook---get real this is not the "cowboy & indian" days. There are many mexicans, negros, and other races that reside in Holbrook. For you to single out one race is pretty sad so maybe you belong back where you came from---across the ocean back on the Mayflower before it departed. Sorry Holbrook wasn't your kind of town. I take great offense your quote. Ignorance is a sad excuse in the 20th century. I hope you find a happy home where ever it is that you move.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:07 AM

Default Holbrook a hateful town---NOT!!!

MAD AS HECK!!!! Here we are in the 20th century and someone had the nerve to blame ONE RACE for thier unhappy experience in a small town. Maybe they need to look in the mirror----hate doesn't make the world go around. Just sad to see such a remark posted on this website.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:37 PM

148 posts, read 757,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymar93 View Post
Just sad to see such a remark posted on this website.
I agree. While I would never consider living in Holbrook/Winslow, some of my dearest friends are Navajo (I grew up in the 4 corners area).

Old 02-23-2008, 01:32 AM

139 posts, read 434,901 times
While I don't like Holbrook, I've seen some of the friendliest Native Americans there willing to help anyone. Raymar93, reps to you for standing up telling the truth!!

Old 02-24-2008, 04:46 PM

14 posts, read 52,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymar93 View Post
Sorry the "Native Americans" supposedly took your shirt. I am a Native American "Navajo" who has lived in Holbrook all my life. Since a child growing up in Holbrook I have seen many a white man and woman show much prejudice towards my people and many Navajos have begun to react back. As far as ALL the Native Americans hating the white people in Holbrook---get real this is not the "cowboy & indian" days. There are many mexicans, negros, and other races that reside in Holbrook. For you to single out one race is pretty sad so maybe you belong back where you came from---across the ocean back on the Mayflower before it departed. Sorry Holbrook wasn't your kind of town. I take great offense your quote. Ignorance is a sad excuse in the 20th century. I hope you find a happy home where ever it is that you move.
Sorry to inform you...but this is actually the early years of the 21'st century. I know you really don't want to live in the past.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:38 PM

7 posts, read 35,053 times
Smile More about the town, less about hate....

Hello, ( My 1st post ) Keep in mind that people move to various places for many reasons. For jobs, retirement, weather, activities, etc. I live in Queen Creek, AZ on 2 acres, like it, but hate my stressful (high paying)job. My passion is old cars, and restoring them. I am planning on selling my home, about $300K, and buying some inexpensive land near Holbrook, and paying cash for a new mobile home, with substantial fencing for security. I have driven through Holbrook a few times, and enjoy the small town feel. I won't need a job, and will be my own boss, living a more relaxed lifestyle, and traveling more. I will buy about 5-10 acres, and set up several wind turbines to take advantage of the winds. My electrical bill will be next to nothing. May use solar also. Tired of running the A/C 24/7 for the entire Summer here, big$$.
Also, I am tired of the heat here in the PHX area. One of the HOTTEST places in the US. Job relocation made us (me and girlfriend) consider moving here, I can't believe I have lived in this FURNACE of a city for so long. Holbrook sounds great to me, and I won't be "rich" but I know I will be happier. Big crowds, smog, traffic, etc......I am out of the big town, and going for the small town life. Relax.....you'll live longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona