Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2012, 02:22 PM

258 posts, read 1,003,864 times

Advertisements

Hi I'm interested in White Water Rafting down the colorado river, I'm curious on the best time of year to do this, I assume summer. Also what company provides the most economical means of doing this? I live in Michigan and would have to travel there first. I'm doing this by myself so I would like to be in a guided group tour situation. I would like to go through the Grand Canyon doing this but also more than just that. I'm a 31 year old guy also. Please any answers would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 03:37 PM

455 posts, read 1,499,678 times
I did a white water raft trip on the Colorado river, while I was in Colo. The company was out of Estes Park, reasonable cost. It was the kind of fun I only want to do ONCE! :0

I just read an article yesterday about rafting the Colorado river in the Grand Canyon. Az Republic, I think? Any way, they stated it could range from $300 on up with a contractor or you could arrange your own trip. You might have to wait as long as 20 years if you want to do it as a private trip!

Curly

Last edited by curly5759; 10-18-2012 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 10-19-2012, 09:30 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,064,630 times
start by reading this from the Park Service, which controls that area of the river and regulates the river trips....

River Trips / Permits - Grand Canyon National Park

going with a commercial outfit will be a bit pricey, but all is taken care of for you....if you'll be alone, this might be your only option....private groups go, also, but are usually a group of family/friends who have planned it for years, as chris says, and completely outfit themselves....I suppose there is a very small chance you can join a private group if somebody in it cancels, but you'd have to be ready to jump quickly and you may not know anybody....would something like this appear on craigslist??

Old 10-27-2012, 03:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,078 times
You need permit to be able to go down the river.....If you are NOT experienced in white water, don't do it!!!! Commercial company will be your only way to go unless you know a Captain with license who has their OWN boat......I happen to know someone who does and the price is minimal.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona