Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2021, 12:44 PM

1,047 posts, read 725,589 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Does anybody have suggestions on where I should look for a rental (not shared) for a month or two while we seek home to buy in SV?
Thank you so much.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 02:39 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,981,668 times
For one month you might have to rely on an extended stay.

Old 07-13-2021, 04:05 PM

33 posts, read 46,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
For one month you might have to rely on an extended stay.
Yeah I live down here and rentals are very, very hard to find, especially one that would be short-term like you're inquiring about. Check out Gardenplace or Candlewood Suites for the best extended stay options. If you have a Facebook, join the group "Chit Chat Sierra Vista" and ask those folks if they have some options they know about they can help you with. Welcome to the county

Old 07-16-2021, 02:17 PM

1,471 posts, read 1,416,227 times
www.agoda.com, owned bt Priceline now has a monthly search option.. Low 200s would be a good deal per week.. especially for a Candlewood... there was one called Americas Best Inns or similar near TIA I stayed at and it was way too sloppy. Used to be low season deals in the late Summer, but not so much anymore... and about the only guarantee is that the free breakfast will suck.

Just checked... Pricey.. they must get a lot of business from the base. Last time I house hunted down there, I stayed across the border for 30 per night.. they had a great laundry service that was very cheap and good.

Old 07-17-2021, 12:07 AM

Default thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
www.agoda.com, owned bt Priceline now has a monthly search option.. Low 200s would be a good deal per week.. especially for a Candlewood... there was one called Americas Best Inns or similar near TIA I stayed at and it was way too sloppy. Used to be low season deals in the late Summer, but not so much anymore... and about the only guarantee is that the free breakfast will suck.

Just checked... Pricey.. they must get a lot of business from the base. Last time I house hunted down there, I stayed across the border for 30 per night.. they had a great laundry service that was very cheap and good.
I don't know if real until I talk with them but on craigslist they advertise apartments with a rate then add 100. more if you want month to month. So may have to do that for a month. I know in huge cities craigslist is all scams but it seems in the little towns there are only a few ads, assume real. Hopefully will not have to do a rental for month.

Old 07-17-2021, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
I don't know if real until I talk with them but on craigslist they advertise apartments with a rate then add 100. more if you want month to month. So may have to do that for a month. I know in huge cities craigslist is all scams but it seems in the little towns there are only a few ads, assume real. Hopefully will not have to do a rental for month.
Candlewood was 900 per month in Casper and and the national chains were advertising 179 to 219 per week plus tax in Gillette.. Can't see it being that much more in SV, but these are unusual times. The national parks have been mobbed, but some of the brewpubs, etc are still shuttered.

Old 07-19-2021, 10:36 AM

5,317 posts, read 3,223,976 times
The excessive optimism of this post.

First, thinking you can find a one or two month rental. Those were virtually impossible to find. And if you could find it, you got a 50% markup on rent. We wound up staying at a hotel that provided free breakfast and dinners, paying a little more, than a typical hotel, but saving money compared to the 50% markup on rent + utilities and food costs + moving and admin costs.

Second, thinking you can find a place to live in 1-2 months. It took us 3 months to find a place and this was in the halcyon days of a few years ago. Now the market is on fire and inventory is low. I'd plan for 3-5 months.

Old 07-19-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsell View Post

First, thinking you can find a one or two month rental. Those were virtually impossible to find. And if you could find it, you got a 50% markup on rent. We wound up staying at a hotel that provided free breakfast and dinners, paying a little more, than a typical hotel, but saving money compared to the 50% markup on rent + utilities and food costs + moving and admin costs.

Second, thinking you can find a place to live in 1-2 months. It took us 3 months to find a place and this was in the halcyon days of a few years ago. Now the market is on fire and inventory is low. I'd plan for 3-5 months.
25 years ago, people were renting out their condos as executive monthly rentals to snowbirds at a little more than double the going rent rate.. But included utils and furnishings.. The guy next door was surprised to find his place fully rented for the Summer, too. OTOH, I knew some snowbirds from Illinois who rented the same apartment for 10 years and just left it empty for 6 months per year.

Old 07-20-2021, 10:57 PM

Default what town are u referring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsell View Post

A few years ago you had a selection, now there are 3 homes in each person's price range in most small towns. We already have video walk throughs from realtor and have visited the town. We would be going with a 99% awareness of what home we are buying. There are so few. It's not complicated. They sell in few days and a new one pops up. You don't have a selection that would take that long. Maybe the ad is a lie but clearly if you go to craigslist they have temporary apts and said only 100 more for month to month. Are you saying you went through this in sierra vista or another town? Additionally, this is a fixer upper not forever home. Just something to flip ourselves not in a huge hurry like a company who comes in and flips.
We are trying not to get the home that would make us have to get an apt. Only one is like that out of the 3 we are considering. Others empty, one has a tenant until, I believe Oct 1.

Old 07-20-2021, 11:00 PM

Default nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
Candlewood was 900 per month in Casper and and the national chains were advertising 179 to 219 per week plus tax in Gillette.. Can't see it being that much more in SV, but these are unusual times. The national parks have been mobbed, but some of the brewpubs, etc are still shuttered.
Those are good rates and very similar to the apt complex I saw on craigslist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona