Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2014, 02:35 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNG12977 View Post
I am totally embarrassed to be an Arizonian now. The rest of the country sees as a bunch or low class, hillbilly, religious zealot, nut jobs now. Thanks house and congress for ruining our reputation. The NFL should have taken the Super Bowl away anyway for it even getting this far.

No I don't think the rest of the country sees the general population of Arizona that way. I think many of us think something is off, with the Legislature and a number of the politicians in that state.

I do think the people of Arizona need to put their foot down with their Gov't. I believe that is why the behavior we see, coming out of the legislature seems to continue in Arizona. It will happen again because they feel they can get away with it. The Arizona population themselves must demand change in the state, way beyond just going to the polls to vote. It obviously is not working in Arizona, since these type politicians seem to remain in office.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:50 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,435,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNG12977 View Post
I am totally embarrassed to be an Arizonian now. The rest of the country sees as a bunch or low class, hillbilly, religious zealot, nut jobs now. Thanks house and congress for ruining our reputation.
Nah.
We just think your legislators are as nutty as ours

Old 02-27-2014, 07:31 PM

5,328 posts, read 6,019,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
No I don't think the rest of the country sees the general population of Arizona that way. I think many of us think something is off, with the Legislature and a number of the politicians in that state.

I do think the people of Arizona need to put their foot down with their Gov't. I believe that is why the behavior we see, coming out of the legislature seems to continue in Arizona. It will happen again because they feel they can get away with it. The Arizona population themselves must demand change in the state, way beyond just going to the polls to vote. It obviously is not working in Arizona, since these type politicians seem to remain in office.
I don't know about the rest of the country, but my friends and I are scratching our heads trying to figure out how the bill progressed as far as it did. The citizens of Arizona obviously voted for these guys. What's up with that?

Old 02-27-2014, 07:40 PM

51 posts, read 48,058 times
the hypocrisy by the Democrats and so call progressives is beyond words and a joke!!!

The key language in SB 1062 is virtually identical to the key language in the Federal Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993. That bill, which was co-written and co-sponsored by Senator Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), passed a Democratic-majority House and Democratic-majority Senate by wide margins, and it was immediately signed into law by Democratic President Bill Clinton. Now, the Democrats are attacking Arizona like enraged Africanized death fleas over a bill they considered a wonderful addition to their legislative resumes at the Federal level.

hypocrites!!!

Old 02-27-2014, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
I don't know about the rest of the country, but my friends and I are scratching our heads trying to figure out how the bill progressed as far as it did. The citizens of Arizona obviously voted for these guys. What's up with that?

the majority of the country voted for Bill Clinton TWICE and a majority of a democrat control congress and they passed the Federal Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993 which is the same bill as the Arizona Law and I didn't hear anybody question Bill Clinton's motives and the democrats, they considered it a great bill.

But now Arizona are backwards? what a joke!

Old 02-27-2014, 07:54 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,645,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewill2014 View Post
the majority of the country voted for Bill Clinton TWICE and a majority of a democrat control congress and they passed the Federal Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993 which is the same bill as the Arizona Law and I didn't hear anybody question Bill Clinton's motives and the democrats, they considered it a great bill.

But now Arizona are backwards? what a joke!
You explained the public outrage (by both dems and repubs mind you) and didn't even realize it. You're right, RFRA is already on the books, therefore this bill is irrelevant and only enacted to permit selective discrimination. Hence the outrage and embarrassment.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:00 PM

its comical to read 46 pages in this forum of Arizona bashing for passing a bill on a state level that Bill Clinton and the Democrat controlled congress passed in 1993 on the federal level sponsored by Chuck Schumer on March 11, 1993.

Religious Freedom Restoration Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I bet you CNN Anderson Cooper didn't mention that, they still consider Bill Clinton the greatest ever at CNN and he signed this bill......LOL

Old 02-27-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
You explained the public outrage (by both dems and repubs mind you) and didn't even realize it. You're right, RFRA is already on the books, therefore this bill is irrelevant and only enacted to permit selective discrimination. Hence the outrage and embarrassment.

I don't view it that way. Any private business have a right to refuse service to anyone and doesn't have to give a reason why. Good luck in legislating "morality" in the courts.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
its comical to read 46 pages in this forum of Arizona bashing for passing a bill on a state level that Bill Clinton and the Democrat controlled congress passed in 1993 on the federal level sponsored by Chuck Schumer on March 11, 1993.

Religious Freedom Restoration Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I bet you CNN Anderson Cooper didn't mention that, they still consider Bill Clinton the greatest ever at CNN and he signed this bill......LOL
Why do you keep repeating yourself? Three times now. I gave you the answer and you're still going on.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
I don't view it that way. Any private business have a right to refuse service to anyone and doesn't have to give a reason why. Good luck in legislating "morality" in the courts.

So you're against civil rights laws? It should be legal for a restaurant owner to refuse service to a black patron?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona