Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should AZ voters be required to show ID to vote?
yes 43 81.13%
no 10 18.87%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 11:24 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,170,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by infocyde View Post
Easy. I'm more in tune with conservative sources, but the where is irrelevant. Any voter fraud that is done deliberately should be punished with extreme severity, not uplifted as a civic virtue.

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/p...j-does-nothing

Again, there were issues with the Bush / Gore election that needed to be fully explored. There should be zero tolerance for this, no regard to party or ideology.
Well, I do think the source is always relevant in presenting facts, and I prefer to read from all points of view before making up my mind. But you're welcome to your opinion as I am to mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 12:36 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,981,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
Well, I do think the source is always relevant in presenting facts, and I prefer to read from all points of view before making up my mind. But you're welcome to your opinion as I am to mine.
Agree it is good to be open minded and gather news from a variety of sources, even some you consider bad just to get the opposing perspective, but there is a systemic ignoring/covering for voter fraud (real and potential) from one side of the isle this time around, and you won't see much of this covered by the left leaning mainstream sources. If so, grudgingly.

10 Things About The U.S. News Media That They Do Not Want You To Know

Old 11-04-2014, 05:11 PM

More on voter fraud

1.8 Million Voters Are Dead (And Other Facts You Didn

and voter ID

http://dailysignal.com/2014/10/26/sh...-in-the-world/

Old 11-04-2014, 06:27 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,930,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
The people behind this are going around talking about rampant voter fraud in AZ. The facts just don't bear that out, according to figures I read earlier today. Some people who are legal to vote don't have a driver's license, or, for heaven's sake, a passport. The voter suppression efforts here and elsewhere, mostly by Republicans, are getting a bit tiresome.
Uh; a person STILL needs to show ID for AHCCCS, DES and so on here in Arizona and, many of of those people DON'T have drivers licenses. The thing is MVD WILL issue a photo ID.

I had to show ID to vote, no problem.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:12 PM

Two more conservative sources. Your argument has little weight unless you're willing to read and cite other points of view. This is not convincing anyone of anything; it's just preaching to the choir.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:15 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,946,072 times
I don't understand what the big deal is. I voted yesterday, handed over my drivers license, got my ballot, etc. etc.. It took a few seconds. And if you don't have a drivers license you can get an AZ id card. It costs a whole $12 and is good for 12 years. And it is free if you are over 65. And if you cannot vote in person, AZ make it easy to vote by mail.

Old 11-05-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
Two more conservative sources. Your argument has little weight unless you're willing to read and cite other points of view. This is not convincing anyone of anything; it's just preaching to the choir.
I'm sorry, a fact is a fact regardless of where it originates. Just because it doesn't drop in your lap with the sources you find agreeable doesn't mean it didn't happen. You will find that once you ditch main stream news sources, a whole other world of things are going on that you may have not ever known about...

Old 11-05-2014, 08:06 PM

50,966 posts, read 24,467,741 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, a fact is a fact regardless of where it originates. Just because it doesn't drop in your lap with the sources you find agreeable doesn't mean it didn't happen. You will find that once you ditch main stream news sources, a whole other world of things are going on that you may have not ever known about...
Or you might just fall into a whole new world...of conspiracy thinkers.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:33 PM

It might

Conspiracy theories that turned out to be true.

Old 11-06-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Aaaand the first search result is Alex Jones! In addition, all this has zero to do with voter suppression or voter fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona