Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 09:47 AM

1,707 posts, read 4,341,167 times

Advertisements

Laurens,

So to this point I haven't stepped into this thread - which is very rare when it comes to anything to do with Casa Grande as people on C-D will attest! LOL I didn't because others here have been giving good information.

AZ city is small - that's the biggest thing - less than 5000 people. As such it is an unincorporated area and is served by the Sheriff for police and a volunteer fire department. Not bad things in and of themselves, but it gives you an idea of the size of the place. There are virtually no services in the town beyond a couple of small restaraunts, a convenience store, I think a couple of fast food places etc. ANYTHING beyond that will need to be done in Casa Grande.

The lake is not bad - and as someone else said - if you like a little more house for your money, don't mind being a little more isolated a majority of the time and then come into town (CG) once or twice a week its a fine place to live.

But if you are someone who on the spur of the moment likes to go to Home Depot, or Walmart, or have more choices for eating out, or go to a movie etc. then you may want to do the reverse and LIVE in CG, and drive the 10 miles each way into AZ city for work.....

Its all choices - but this lake is not like a fancy resort or something - that was the original plan 30 years ago when Erik Estrada was doing late night infomercials on the place - but never completely materialized....

But again - you can get a lot of house for your money there if you can live in that environment.

But its not unsafe or anything like that - its just isolated somewhat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 09:52 AM

639 posts, read 971,553 times
I'll be honest and tell you that there is almost nothing in Arizona City. It's a much older town, and with that comes some problems. It's run-down, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of any kind of shopping, and I have never heard of a lake or golf course in the area. Please do what was suggested and come check it out. Hopefully it's what you expect but I'm suspecting it won't be.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:42 AM

1,707 posts, read 4,341,167 times
Sandy,

I don't completely disagree with your assessment - though I wouldn't say its that bad - but there is in fact a lake, and TWO golf courses - one in town, and one along the I 10 freeway. The course near the freeway is actually a pretty nice course!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ar...50823816?hl=en

Old 03-28-2014, 10:55 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
But, if you don't play golf, and don't really care about living on a fake lake, you are right back to the "almost nothing" description.

Old 03-28-2014, 12:37 PM

5 posts, read 24,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh9730 View Post
Laurens,

So to this point I haven't stepped into this thread - which is very rare when it comes to anything to do with Casa Grande as people on C-D will attest! LOL I didn't because others here have been giving good information.

AZ city is small - that's the biggest thing - less than 5000 people. As such it is an unincorporated area and is served by the Sheriff for police and a volunteer fire department. Not bad things in and of themselves, but it gives you an idea of the size of the place. There are virtually no services in the town beyond a couple of small restaraunts, a convenience store, I think a couple of fast food places etc. ANYTHING beyond that will need to be done in Casa Grande.

The lake is not bad - and as someone else said - if you like a little more house for your money, don't mind being a little more isolated a majority of the time and then come into town (CG) once or twice a week its a fine place to live.

But if you are someone who on the spur of the moment likes to go to Home Depot, or Walmart, or have more choices for eating out, or go to a movie etc. then you may want to do the reverse and LIVE in CG, and drive the 10 miles each way into AZ city for work.....

Its all choices - but this lake is not like a fancy resort or something - that was the original plan 30 years ago when Erik Estrada was doing late night infomercials on the place - but never completely materialized....

But again - you can get a lot of house for your money there if you can live in that environment.

But its not unsafe or anything like that - its just isolated somewhat.
Thank you so much for the info! Very helpful I appreciate it

Old 03-28-2014, 12:39 PM

5 posts, read 24,174 times
Thank you everyone for the great help! I really appreciate it!

Old 03-28-2014, 02:06 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,432,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh9730 View Post
AZ city is small - that's the biggest thing - less than 5000 people. As such it is an unincorporated area
Which would make the property taxes less if the OP plans on buying.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:41 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Which would make the property taxes less if the OP plans on buying.
Trur, but a really minor concern compared to other issues (both those related to being in an unincorporated area, and those related to the best "fit" for her. I think she should rent something first, anyway.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,799 times
I work for the Pinal County Assessor's Office and i am in both areas all the time. Arizoa City is more for retired people who are looking to get out of the city as it is in the midle of Nowhere. (Casa Grande is 20 minutes north). Arizona City gets High Winds and dust storms all the time, its a big dust bowl if you ask me.

Florence has Anthem (A Del Web Communnity) 55 and older side and a Family side. Much better area and close to shopping (Queen Creek).

My Choice would be Florence.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:23 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,431,979 times
Don't want too hurt any AZ City residents, but imho it is really a run down place. Bad roads, weeds every where, many houses with issues, like never repaired damage.
Yes, there is this lake...

Did check it out about 5 years ago, and seen enough to never drive out there...
So, nothing bad about the people living in AC, but think about it, when homes around a lake are cheap, why????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona