Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 06:20 PM

119 posts, read 233,131 times

Advertisements

My ex and I were shopping for a home in San Diego . we found out just how expensive the homes were there . on way back to Nebraska we stopped in Flag to look at some properties . we found what we liked , bought 6 acres and had a house built .then we parted and I got the house . now looking for a move away from here .

Old 04-06-2014, 08:41 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,717,080 times
Moving for reasons of better weather is probably one of the better reasons to move. My wife and I have plans to move to Arizona in about 2 years (give or take). We're both born and raised Minnesotians who've tired of the extended cold seasons we experience here. 3 or maybe at best 4 months of reasonably decent weather, followed by 8 or 9 months of "waiting for spring".

We've been to Arizona dozens of times in all seasons and have never found a season that wasn't either enjoyable or at the very last (speaking of the hot summer here), acceptable and that allowed us to do more of our choosen enjoyable activities more than the extended cold/snow/ice season we currently have here in Minnesota.

If you think about it, the weather is something that affects you every single time you exit your house. It has a profound effect on what you can and/or choose do each and ever day. It affects your daily comfort, your monthly bills, your safety and a hundred other things. Other than your significant other/spouse/immediate family, and your job, it probably has more effect, either positively or negatively, than any other thing in your life.

It's up to each individual to decide what weather suites them and brings them enjoyment. Some people love (or at least say they do) Winter weather. To my mind, you may love to ski, snowmobile, skate etc..., but if you think about it, you're only doing these enjoyable activities for a few hours a week (assuming your have other obligations like work and family), but the cold/ice/snow exists 24/7 for months on end and make most other normal necessary activities more difficult, uncomfortable and in many cases much more hazardous.

Just my two cents worth, to each their own !

Old 04-06-2014, 12:39 PM

2 posts, read 1,923 times
I totally agree with Jasper

Old 04-06-2014, 04:24 PM

43 posts, read 105,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktgmamamn View Post
My husband and I are in the process of doing our pros and cons of leaving MN to move to AZ. Our number one obvious reason is weather, but there are of course other deciding factors including job opportunity for him, try a new place, meet friendlier people, etc.

Just curious what your reasons were to move to AZ, especially those with kids still at home.

Very Conservative and very pro gun

Old 04-07-2014, 03:33 PM

17 posts, read 20,786 times
First Post here....lol ..Reading all the threads to get more information for my move officially. Moving here because took a job here with paid relocation. Haven't moved yet. I am in Phoenix as I write this and wife in MN, three weeks away from our first baby.

Having lived in Minnesota, I have always liked the cold better and never whined about it. But I sure for one can see myself whine about the heat. Just could not ignore the fact, the job offer was great.

Last edited by Minneapolis2Phoenix; 04-07-2014 at 03:43 PM..

Old 04-07-2014, 03:58 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,669,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minneapolis2Phoenix View Post
First Post here....lol ..Reading all the threads to get more information for my move officially. Moving here because took a job here with paid relocation. Haven't moved yet. I am in Phoenix as I write this and wife in MN, three weeks away from our first baby.

Having lived in Minnesota, I have always liked the cold better and never whined about it. But I sure for one can see myself whine about the heat. Just could not ignore the fact, the job offer was great.
I hope that job offer came with plenty of vacation time to get out of the valley in the summer, if you don't like heat. The people that are the happiest here seem to be those that despised living in cold climates.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:06 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,437,659 times
Than again, the rumour is, when you can handle cold real good, you can handle the heat. In plain english, you're not a whiner....
Al these messages about escaping the cold, I bet many wil cry wolf about the heat.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:24 PM

487 posts, read 749,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corydon View Post
Than again, the rumour is, when you can handle cold real good, you can handle the heat. In plain english, you're not a whiner....
Al these messages about escaping the cold, I bet many wil cry wolf about the heat.
I've never heard that rumor at all. Almost everyone I know who likes winter hates the heat, and vice versa.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:26 PM

402 posts, read 687,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunni2012 View Post
I'm planning on moving this year from Ma. Like you guys above.. Weather, taxes and friendlier people..
Hope to never see snow again
You'll like it!

Old 04-07-2014, 04:38 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,669,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCat1105 View Post
I've never heard that rumor at all. Almost everyone I know who likes winter hates the heat, and vice versa.
Exactly. I hated the cold but it's more than just the temperature. It's also the never-ending gray sky and gloom, the pothole-covered roads, the wet feet, the shoveling, the brushing off your car, the much lengthened commute, etc. Comparing cold to heat isn't really apples to apples, at least not to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona