Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 11:10 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieM View Post
Some of the times quoted in this thread compel me to ask do these people live here. 0445 sunrise in the original post, same poster it's 0430 in post #12. Another poster believes sunrise is at 0400.

The facts are that our earliest sunrise takes place at 0517 on 6/20. OP further states that 0545 is acceptable, well then be a little patient because that occurs on 08/08. Yes, August 8th, we'll assume all is well after that date.

AZ should not change just because the rest of nation has it wrong. We have it correct. DST exists because of the energy lobby and who'd a thunk it, the golf lobby. More driving and more tee times is why the sheeple nation puts up with this twice yearly nonsense.

There are far more legitimate reasons for doing away with it as cited in this piece.Time to Move On? The Case Against Daylight Saving Time

DST going away is a far more likely event to occur than AZ ever adopting it.

Mountain Standard Time, year round, love it.
Really nothing left to say. This pops up every once and a while, often with a lot of venom and rhetoric ... just never any intelligence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2014, 11:20 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
Not participating in DST is one of the things I love about AZ.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:20 PM

966 posts, read 1,346,447 times
It is simple, the clock makers cannot make a clock that does not require resetting, so they send those all over the nation, the small percentage that turn out perfect and never have to be reset, are sent to Arizona

Old 04-27-2014, 01:00 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
I always though everyone else was dumb for having to change the clocks twice a year, I mean why?

You could always just change YOUR watch, then you'd have the extra dasylight. Just start work an hour later.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:06 PM

487 posts, read 748,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Phx Native View Post
It is simple, the clock makers cannot make a clock that does not require resetting, so they send those all over the nation, the small percentage that turn out perfect and never have to be reset, are sent to Arizona
Our clocks reset themselves. I've had one that does it automatically for years.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:01 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,338,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctacity View Post

DST ends=Denver Time. DST begins=L.A. Time. It's really just not that complicated guys
Arizona does NOT switch to the Pacific Time Zone in the spring; Arizona is part of the Mountain Time Zone year-round, except that from March to November we remain on Mountain Standard Time while the rest of the Mountain Time Zone observes Mountain Daylight Time. Mountain Standard Time is the same observed time as Pacific Daylight Time (UTC-7), however, that doesn't change the fact that Arizona is still legally in the Mountain Time Zone.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:21 PM

106 posts, read 246,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Arizona does NOT switch to the Pacific Time Zone in the spring; Arizona is part of the Mountain Time Zone year-round, except that from March to November we remain on Mountain Standard Time while the rest of the Mountain Time Zone observes Mountain Daylight Time. Mountain Standard Time is the same observed time as Pacific Daylight Time (UTC-7), however, that doesn't change the fact that Arizona is still legally in the Mountain Time Zone.
I was very aware of this, hence why I did not say anywhere that Arizona switches to the Pacific Time Zone. Instead, I stated that during the summer months, the time in Phoenix is the same as the time in Los Angeles, which is true, and easy for people to understand.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:05 AM

1,629 posts, read 2,629,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
I would go the other way and have Arizona on Pacific Time, observing DST. I like the summers the way they are, and like the 3 hour difference from Eastern Time.
The sun sets here as early as 5:20 in early December. If we were on Pacific Time, sunset would be at 4:20. This would basically prohibit anyone who works a standard schedule from being able to enjoy any daylight after work during our supposed "nice" season. What do you like about a 3 hour difference from Eastern Time? For those of us who actually have to work with people located on the east coast, the three hour difference can be a pretty major annoyance. It gets annoying having to get to work super early to make a 9 AM teleconference back east (6 AM here) or a 3 PM teleconference (12 PM here -- cutting into the lunch hour). We are located directly south of Utah, which is squarely in Mountain time. It makes no sense for us to be on Pacific during the winter.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:12 AM

1,629 posts, read 2,629,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctacity View Post
I was very aware of this, hence why I did not say anywhere that Arizona switches to the Pacific Time Zone. Instead, I stated that during the summer months, the time in Phoenix is the same as the time in Los Angeles, which is true, and easy for people to understand.
Phoenix isn't the same time as Los Angeles. Los Angeles is the same time as Phoenix. Saying that we're on the same time as LA suggests that our clocks change. We don't change time.

Old 04-28-2014, 01:38 AM

106 posts, read 246,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
Phoenix isn't the same time as Los Angeles. Los Angeles is the same time as Phoenix. Saying that we're on the same time as LA suggests that our clocks change. We don't change time.
*sigh*
What time is it in Phoenix? Answer: 12:38 MST
What time is it in Los Angeles? Answer: 12:38 PDT

Once again, it really just isn't that complicated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona