Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2014, 08:27 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,930,126 times

Advertisements

IMHO this was the biggest storm that Bullhead's seen in many years yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 10:21 PM

223 posts, read 435,343 times
I got nothing. But the Sacramento wash is flooded. Again.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:09 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,969,551 times
Official wind speeds were 68 mph, 1.5-2" of rain. Said a microburst developed right over town. Blew part of our shed roof off and bent the 1/2 inch steel rod that holds my RV gates closed. We got soaked trying to corral the gates in the wind. Other minor damages.

I saw a number of fences down, a friend lost his car port and a lot of homes missing shingles.

At least it cooled down!

If you look across the valley toward the "Dead Mountains" (west of the Avi) you can see a new flash flood scar on the land. Geology in action.

Oh - and we drove up to Grapevine Canyon in the late afternoon. First time I've seen the stream and waterfalls flowing in years. And of course were wearing flip flops, so we couldn't go very far into the rocky part. I've seen three rattlers in fifty feet there before - it's boots, chaps and a big stick country.

It was really nice listening to the creek. We were the only people. Just us and the Indian spirits.

For readers with no clue what I'm talking about, google " Grapevine canyon." It's technically in Nevada, but I lay claim to it for AZ!

What's really cool is the stream runs out of the canyon onto an alluvial fan type area and within about 500 feet completely disappears, drains into the decomposed granite sand. About 2,500 feet below is the Colorado River. I guess it shows up there eventually.

Gotta love the desert!

Old 08-23-2014, 11:00 PM

266 posts, read 287,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IMHO this was the biggest storm that Bullhead's seen in many years yesterday.
Numerous locations in western Arizona and southeastern California have been very wet these past few days. Some even got the amount of rainfall in a day that they typically see in a year.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:09 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,923,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZguy99 View Post
Numerous locations in western Arizona and southeastern California have been very wet these past few days. Some even got the amount of rainfall in a day that they typically see in a year.
Over here, in the Verde Valley, it feels like we've only had about three weeks of 'real' monsoon weather/storms. I hope we get some more but looking at the weather online it doesn't look like it. For the next week it's all sunny, mid 90s in temps. and right now it's 74 degrees with 67% humidity. But it doesn't FEEL all that humid to me.

A couple of years ago I was over along the river in August doing a road trip to Laughlin. Boy was I reminded WHY I never go there in summer! lol It was sooooo hot I couldn't even get out of the car and wander around. I had gone through Prescott that day and got caught in a really huge storm but once out of it that was it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona