Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 05:50 PM

445 posts, read 515,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtxn View Post
I take offense to this "joke". It's NOT funny and it's sexist, to say the least.

I happen to be a (future) Kingman woman and I have ALL my teeth, thank you very much

I currently live in a small rural town that has a LOT of these folks that don't seem to care about their appearance (or anything else) and can be seen at WalMart wearing their fleece pajama bottoms and sporting tatoos all over their body's

I can't vouch for all of Kingman, but when we spent a week there the beginning of Aug. looking for a home to buy, I didn't see any tatooed woman (I'm sure there are some, tho) or any fleece clad WalMarters. What I'm saying is, there are areas of the country (and we've lived in a LOT of different ones) that tatooed woman and chain-smoking fleece wearers are just the norm. I don't think Kingman is that type of place...at least not the parts we saw.
Ummmm... what's wrong with people sporting tattoos all over their body?

You might be offended by the joke you're referencing in your post, but as a tattooed transportation executive for a publicly traded company who also happens to be married to a pretty awesome tattooed woman, I take offense to your comments. I also take offense to your inability to spell the word "tattoos" correctly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 08:09 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,433,260 times
Transportation executives are not the most desirable people...... Constantly throwing a lower price just to get that load..... Just pay the driver a meager wage.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:37 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargeant79 View Post
Ummmm... what's wrong with people sporting tattoos all over their body?

You might be offended by the joke you're referencing in your post, but as a tattooed transportation executive for a publicly traded company who also happens to be married to a pretty awesome tattooed woman, I take offense to your comments. I also take offense to your inability to spell the word "tattoos" correctly.
Tattoos: those people who have them on their faces and hands DO have a real bad rep even tho a few of those people are Ok. Tats in other places; like you said, who cares?

Old 12-19-2014, 01:42 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
In the summer time it's probably too HOT, in Kingman, to wear fleece pajama bottoms.....

http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliMAIN.pl?azking

Most everyone probably wears shorts.....

Old 12-19-2014, 06:33 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
^^^ LOL - Yes, fortunately I taught photography. In defense I post on a tablet and didn't properly spell check. Then it was past the editing time. I will accept 10 lashes with wet film, if you can find any.
Touché..

Old 01-01-2015, 11:48 AM

3 posts, read 5,769 times
Kingman is a wonderful town in which to live, particularly Old Town or the Historic District where charm and civilization, to a limited extent, exists. In the newer areas: it's pretty much the same as any town anywhere across America today - Walmart, chain restaurants, etc.

It's a bit of misnomer to say that Kingman is a very hot place - it's plainly not. I've spent many years in the San Fernando Valley and in other areas of Los Angeles locked down on the San Diego Freeway during summer weather in 100+ degree heat breathing torrents of fumes while waiting to be shot...It's hot everywhere during the summer. That's why it's called, Summer.

Although not the norm, awoke this morning and yesterday to a snow covered valley in Old Town, while our adult children in Orange County are still trying to coax water out of their faucets in 80 degree heat while paying taxes on a condominium that are twice that of all the property we own in Arizona.

We chose Kingman Old Town because of its character. We are older but there are many other younger residents who are shaping our "district" into a charming, retro neighborhood. Education level is above average in Old Town. Community interest is above average. From here we have produced numerous films and run TheIndependentDaily.com. Can't think of a better place to be - grew up in SF, then to SoCal. Lived many places over the years, and although I'm glad I did, I'm equally glad that I picked Kingman at this juncture.

Old 01-01-2015, 03:55 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren-Hill Productions View Post
Kingman is a wonderful town in which to live, particularly Old Town or the Historic District where charm and civilization, to a limited extent, exists. In the newer areas: it's pretty much the same as any town anywhere across America today - Walmart, chain restaurants, etc.

It's a bit of misnomer to say that Kingman is a very hot place - it's plainly not. I've spent many years in the San Fernando Valley and in other areas of Los Angeles locked down on the San Diego Freeway during summer weather in 100+ degree heat breathing torrents of fumes while waiting to be shot...It's hot everywhere during the summer. That's why it's called, Summer.

Although not the norm, awoke this morning and yesterday to a snow covered valley in Old Town, while our adult children in Orange County are still trying to coax water out of their faucets in 80 degree heat while paying taxes on a condominium that are twice that of all the property we own in Arizona.

We chose Kingman Old Town because of its character. We are older but there are many other younger residents who are shaping our "district" into a charming, retro neighborhood. Education level is above average in Old Town. Community interest is above average. From here we have produced numerous films and run TheIndependentDaily.com. Can't think of a better place to be - grew up in SF, then to SoCal. Lived many places over the years, and although I'm glad I did, I'm equally glad that I picked Kingman at this juncture.
Word is Kingman's getting more of an "artsy" thing going. Weird about you guys' weather; it was warmer there than here in Bullhead on Monday and Tuesday. Even Wed wasn't that much colder than us.

Old 12-09-2020, 05:37 PM

3 posts, read 1,526 times
My husband and I are moving to Kingman in a few months. We currently live in Sacramento, California, and can not wait to escape. We have researched several cities in Arizona and decided that Kingman is for us. I am having a difficult time waiting for our home to finish next summer. We look forward to living amongst decent, hard working, caring human beings who recognize God given rights and allow an individual to live free and to the best of his/her ability. We have had much interaction with business owners, employees, and just plain "regular folks" and find everyone personable and pleasant. I see no lack of customer service skills; in fact, just the opposite. I find a definite lack of customer service where we live. My husband and I often comment on the fact that every business in Sacramento must have all the business it can use or will ever need, as we have a difficult time getting responses to requests for services or home projects (including $10,000 home improvement contracts). I look forward to meeting Kingman residents and enjoying my neighbors' company again.

Old 12-13-2020, 05:58 PM

648 posts, read 431,801 times
You can tell a lot about drug problems by looking at crime stats. Just offhand, neither Bullhead City nor Kingman has a violent crime problem usually associated with rampant heavy/hard drug use. Below average violent crime numbers. Both do have well above average theft problems. Just by looking at stats, I would say both places probably have a moderate level of meth use, with Kingman probably a bit higher level. Nothing really stands out.

Old 12-21-2020, 08:18 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,572,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corydon View Post
Transportation executives are not the most desirable people...... Constantly throwing a lower price just to get that load..... Just pay the driver a meager wage.
That is a generalization if I ever heard one. All companies look at the bottom line, and want to make a profit. If they don't, they won't stay in business very long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona