Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 09:36 PM

344 posts, read 643,330 times

Advertisements

Nogales High School has a darn good booster club. Join it and support kids directly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 07:43 PM

12 posts, read 22,937 times
Nogales is not a town I would consider ever moving to. I have lived all over Arizona and I prefer the Tucson area. I have been to Nogales many times and my wife is from there. In 2013 my wife and I had a very bad experience after her class reunion. Local immature and unprofessional police officer pulled us over for driving 28mph in a 25mph zone at 12.30 am. He played the sick game of maybe he would let me go or maybe he wouldn't. He terrified my wife as he said that he could confiscate our car and make my wife walk home -over 80 miles. He wouldn't even allow her to turn the car off. The long and short of it is we believe he was scanning license plates at the reunion and because my last name didn't fit the locals who half were drunk and stumbling decided to pull me over. About three hours later and after passing eye test, walk test, speech test, blow test ext ext I was given a warning and released. Before we went I told my wife I would only Have Two Beers because the place gave me a bad feel. The other police officers involved were very professional.For years in my career I have had good experiences with law enforcement. Never the less I will not travel to Nogales ever.

Old 01-10-2015, 09:05 PM

344 posts, read 643,330 times
Nice place to visit, but I would advise living a few miles north, Rio Rico through Green Valley.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:47 PM

23,226 posts, read 29,066,081 times
I'm still persisting in retiring in Tucson, but once in a while, I'll look at real estate listings in Nogales, currently a couple of turn of the century houses with those gigantic porches, really cheap, but to live there? And if I did decide to live there, I'd want a house as close to the border as possible, to walk over there in the morning for breakfast? Do some cantina hopping on Saturday nights? See a Dr. at the Int'l Red Cross Clinic over there for $5? And those pharmacies, where I wouldn't need a prescription, unless it was for a controlled substance.

Let's see, what else! Hop a bus and take off for Hermosillo or Guaymas or San Carlos, when I get the urge?

And the more preferable summer climate, which would beat out both Tucson and Phoenix! 3885 feet in altitude, we're looking at 10 degrees cooler than Tucson? 15-20 degrees cooler than Phoenix?

But winter comes, and? F-r-e-e-z-I-n-g? I passed thru Nogales one winter, around Xmas, and there was snow in the mountains around Nogales!

More than likely I'll end up in Tucson, and they do have those van services, which may even pick you up at your house, and transport you to the Border for, what? $25?

Old 09-28-2015, 10:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,256 times
Yikes. All of Santa Cruz County still has not seen "economic recovery"-unemployment varied from 14% to 18% over the past year. I live just North of Nogales, and, as good news for potential home buyers, houses are still cheap and abundant because of many foreclosures and short sales. But, as a consequence, this does not bode well for long term neighborhood stability and recovery of your investment should you decide to move later. Before I would move here, I would plan to rent for at least a year in my intended neighborhood to make sure of feeling comfortable here.

After nearly a decade here, I've dealt with multiple cases annually of intruders on my homesite: from fake "hunters" less than 50 feet from my house at night, to some idiot (who at least can aim) who takes a few potshots at my house at least once a year, to druggies that hop the split rail fence (damaging it) and then throw their detritus in my inner yard. And, guess what, I live in that "good" area of Santa Cruz County, North East Rio Rico.

My suggestion would be to stay further north in Pima County, in perhaps Sahuarita or Green Valley, or to head to Oracle (North of Tucson), or to Vail or Benson. I'd love to do so myself, but given the slide in housing prices in Santa Cruz County, I'm not in an economic position to do so. Also, it has not escaped my notice that "RichCapeCod" lists his location as "Green Valley" and NOT Nogales. I am a bit suspicious that some glowing recommendations may come from realtors and their families that monitor this site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona