Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 11:50 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,979,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Uhh...are you trying to miss it? There is a large graph and bar chart for crime rates on each city. Anyway whatever, I'm not there to walk you through the process (even though it's easy to find), water under the bridge.
I found it , seems it's not on all cities , or, my connection is slow bring up all the material ( I-Pad , )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2015, 10:07 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,812,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Land of Dis-Enchantment?
It's complicated. There are a lot of amazing and wonderful things about NM and there are also a lot of social problems. It's truly a place of extremes.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:19 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,637,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
It's complicated. There are a lot of amazing and wonderful things about NM and there are also a lot of social problems. It's truly a place of extremes.
Love road-trippin' over to Hatch, NM for their Hatch Chile Breakfast Burritos! Yum!

Old 03-15-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Love road-trippin' over to Hatch, NM for their Hatch Chile Breakfast Burritos! Yum!
Las Cruces is the home of the Hatch pepper farmers / warehouses....and its used in green chilies burgers to ice cream........way better food in NM than AZ. Its all about which desert you are in,.

Old 03-15-2015, 03:41 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,637,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Las Cruces is the home of the Hatch pepper farmers / warehouses....and its used in green chilies burgers to ice cream........way better food in NM than AZ. Its all about which desert you are in,.
Absolutely, NM has its own style of Mexican food, just like Texas has the Tex-Mex style. California? I'm not really sure what's happening over there! Taco Bell, maybe?

However, Arizona has incredible Mexican food of its own, and mostly influenced by Sonora, Mexico. Every city, town & village in Arizona has a different way of presenting its Mexican food to its customers. There's a great variety!

Old 03-15-2015, 03:58 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,798,643 times
I like them separate. I think that AZ has the most amazing desert, whereas New Mexico has more high country, and a distinct culture. I suspect that AZ would take over and dominate politically, and the far right viewpoints of AZ retirees would not set well with the Hispanic lefties of Santa Fe and environs. As it is, they each have a great array of landscapes and distinctive cultures.

Old 03-15-2015, 04:54 PM

817 posts, read 928,104 times
Quote:
It was that public image that turned me off to Az. Take away all the winter people and there would not be much left of the state. What AZ.Has going is the sunny days, warm winters is what it's all about ( southern half )
On the say-so of angry lefty bloggers?

[quote=darstar;38778180]Interesting question, I have wondered about that for sometime. I spent two months in Las Cruces.( Dec Jan) never saw any heritage problems , or ranchers & Border Agents being killed. Everyone is bilingual . There were a lot of homeless, none of which was of Latino nature.. Crossing the border is common, especially for low cost teeth work.[/QUOTES]
Seriously...Not everyone is bilingual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
You might say that AZ is the most western "Southern State" in terms of their historical racism.

In this wonderful history book I read, it's never stopped, at least with the Mexicans which helped AZ become what it is today.
Quote:
Copper/Gold/Silver prices fall: Deport the Mexicans, they're not needed anymore! Prices go up: We're sorry! Come back! Come back!

Cotton prices up, they're welcomed, cotton prices down, they're not welcome, go home! Deportations once again!

During the massive overbuilding of houses, we love you Mexicans! Real estate crash, go home, go home!

In a church in Phoenix, there were separate services, for whites upstairs, Mexicans abajo, downstairs!

And the blacks were treated no different than in Mississippi or Alabama!

Did that ever happen in New Mexico?
If combined, how about ZonaMexico?
So a book writer has an agenda, so it makes racism rampant in the entire state? Tucson? Nogales? LOL
Anyway. Las Vegas has been called the Mississippi of the West, and it is west of most of Arizona.
Has any of that ever happened in NM?
Of course it has. I think some of these are silly definitions of racism but some would pass everyone's filter
Last week, allegedly Hundreds call New Mexico newspaper's cartoon 'racist' - San Antonio Express-News
A political bunder, maybe misinterpreted New Mexico Racism? - NYTimes.com
Whites can't be democrats? Tell Chicago New Mexico Politician Makes Racist Comments, But He’s A Democrat And It’s Anti-White Racism So Everything’s Cool - Downtrend
Gov Martinez is a racist (by a bizarre definition) New Mexico Immigrants Protest: Undocumented Demand Driver's Licenses, Call Latina Governor 'Racist'
Anti Native American racism. Farmington is the Selma of the Southwest In Navajo country, racism rides again - Salon.com
KKK, Skinheads, and Anti-Obama and Muslim Watch. It's not all in the Northwest: Report finds KKK, skinheads among six active hate groups in New Mexico - Las Cruces Sun-News

As far as cotton fields, it worked just like a Guest Labor agreement would work. Same with Copper but I am surprised that there weren't Union-busting accusations going on.

Last edited by Beardown91737; 03-15-2015 at 04:56 PM.. Reason: attempt to fix embedded quote

Old 03-15-2015, 10:50 PM

[quote=Beardown91737;38828937]On the say-so of angry lefty bloggers?

Quote:
Interesting question, I have wondered about that for sometime. I spent two months in Las Cruces.( Dec Jan) never saw any heritage problems , or ranchers & Border Agents being killed. Everyone is bilingual . There were a lot of homeless, none of which was of Latino nature.. Crossing the border is common, especially for low cost teeth work.[/QUOTES]
Seriously...Not everyone is bilingual.

So a book writer has an agenda, so it makes racism rampant in the entire state? Tucson? Nogales? LOL
Anyway. Las Vegas has been called the Mississippi of the West, and it is west of most of Arizona.
Has any of that ever happened in NM?
Of course it has. I think some of these are silly definitions of racism but some would pass everyone's filter
Last week, allegedly Hundreds call New Mexico newspaper's cartoon 'racist' - San Antonio Express-News
A political bunder, maybe misinterpreted New Mexico Racism? - NYTimes.com
Whites can't be democrats? Tell Chicago New Mexico Politician Makes Racist Comments, But He’s A Democrat And It’s Anti-White Racism So Everything’s Cool - Downtrend
Gov Martinez is a racist (by a bizarre definition) New Mexico Immigrants Protest: Undocumented Demand Driver's Licenses, Call Latina Governor 'Racist'
Anti Native American racism. Farmington is the Selma of the Southwest In Navajo country, racism rides again - Salon.com
KKK, Skinheads, and Anti-Obama and Muslim Watch. It's not all in the Northwest: Report finds KKK, skinheads among six active hate groups in New Mexico - Las Cruces Sun-News

As far as cotton fields, it worked just like a Guest Labor agreement would work. Same with Copper but I am surprised that there weren't Union-busting accusations going on.
First Nation peoples, Native Americans , everything else pales by comparison the World over when it comes to racism and the murder of millions of people because of their skin.

Old 03-15-2015, 11:22 PM

102,325 posts, read 108,528,905 times
What about combining the states, then splitting them into north and south? Northern Arizona would be the Navajo Reservation, and most of the Rio Grande tribes--the high desert. Southern AZ/NM would be a few pueblos, Apaches and Pima and Papago--the low desert.

Old 03-16-2015, 05:45 PM

31,300 posts, read 22,284,658 times
Quote:
Hardly, the Best New Mexican Restaurants are in AZ anyway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona