Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 03:11 PM

375 posts, read 609,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funflyer99 View Post
Coop, is that the RV I saw for sale on 89 with the sign that says "no title"?
No. Mine is sitting on the back 40 slowing depreciating in value. Might be another person that got caught up in this mess.

FLASH - Got a call from AZDOT. Looks like they may give me a title after all.

<yawn> Not holding my breath - but we shall see.

Last edited by Coop01; 06-28-2015 at 03:13 PM.. Reason: added more info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 12:14 AM

1,315 posts, read 3,227,571 times
Well I found documents that show easements along the borders of the parcels, but still how do first responders and county employees access the parcels if there is not clear road built on those easements? How do I obtain fire department services that I have essentially prepaid for if there is no clear road to those easements?

Old 07-14-2015, 07:14 AM

7,167 posts, read 9,221,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happs View Post
Well I found documents that show easements along the borders of the parcels, but still how do first responders and county employees access the parcels if there is not clear road built on those easements? How do I obtain fire department services that I have essentially prepaid for if there is no clear road to those easements?
What emergency services are you expecting to need? Search and Rescue, brush or forest fire, they'll get there. Possibly too late to keep your foliage from burning. If you want better service you will have to put a road in your easement. Nobody else is going to.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:16 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,931,887 times
Quote:
You cannot build a home until you build the road, so there is no need for first responders. If you are not willing to build the road them sell it, because NOBODY is going to do it for you. You still have not answered the question of "why did you buy property with no road to it?", especially considering you are not willing to build a road to it

Old 07-14-2015, 02:47 PM

1,315 posts, read 3,227,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
You cannot build a home until you build the road, so there is no need for first responders. If you are not willing to build the road them sell it, because NOBODY is going to do it for you. You still have not answered the question of "why did you buy property with no road to it?", especially considering you are not willing to build a road to it

The property was inherited by me. I do not intend to build a house on it, but if I or the next owner is legally on their own property in a tent and has a medical emergency, how will the first responders access it?

Old 07-14-2015, 03:42 PM

7,167 posts, read 9,221,440 times
Quote:
The property was inherited by me. I do not intend to build a house on it, but if I or the next owner is legally on their own property in a tent and has a medical emergency, how will the first responders access it?
Ask them.

There's no way anonymous people on the internet can know. I suspect in such an emergency they will drive as close as possible and walk. Or they may opt to drop someone in by helicopter if it makes sense. Too many variables and I don't know what the possibilities are.

Old 07-14-2015, 04:03 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,655,590 times
My childhood friend lives in a remote mining camp... there are roads if it is not raining...

They did have a medical evacuation and it was by helicopter because the road was 4wd or truck at best...

Old 04-28-2016, 03:50 PM

2 posts, read 1,975 times
I own two 1-acre parcels located in Mojave County AZ, in between Meadview and Hackberry. Where? Exactly. It's about 35 miles north/northeast of Kingman. There is precisely one road (Antares Rd... and its a dirt road at that) that passes somewhat near the property. My two plots are surrounded by 446 "neighbors" in a massive 448 "square" of land, surrounded (in checkerboard fashion) by equally large federal BLM "squares" that alternate with other sets of privately owned squares.

How do I own them? My mother bought them around 45 years ago. I have no idea why. Why do I own them? The simple answer: Who on Earth would I ever sell them to? The taxes are cheap, so they're easy to keep. I suppose that if I'm ever truly destitute, I could go plop a tool shed down on them and read Louie L'Amour novels for the rest of my life in quiet solitude.

But yes, I'm in the same situation. No roads, but the easement explanation makes sense. I'm just curious as to how far "in" the easements intrude (if I ever want to build said "road"). I've got half a mind to go out there, hire a surveyor to put some stakes in the ground and mark my property. It's probably a great place to watch the stars from.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:05 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,090,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannion View Post
<snip> I could go plop a tool shed down on them and read Louie L'Amour novels for the rest of my life in quiet solitude.
Depending on the zoning, you might be able to just set up a camp and read those Louie L'Amour novels.

Old 05-12-2016, 04:46 PM

2 posts, read 1,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Depending on the zoning, you might be able to just set up a camp and read those Louie L'Amour novels.
Touche. I wouldn't even know. I do know that it's been well over 50 years since this particular section was carved-up for private ownership, and I don't see evidence of even a single permanent structure on any of the adjoining plots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: