Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 08:23 AM

169 posts, read 155,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
All is forgiven....you sound like a genuinely nice person and I hope all works out well for you.
Thank you so much! God is LOVE!

Old 07-26-2015, 08:42 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,870,048 times
All I can suggest that if you really want to live in AZ avoid places that tend to swing more towards the trashy way of life. I've lived in Phoenix, and if weren't for the heat I would of loved living there, never had any problems with race whatsoever. I forgot the name, but I want to say the Mills? area was freaking awesome on a Friday night.

If racism is a big deal (I can't blame you there, I've dealt with stupidity from racists here in AZ for near 30 years) just know that it's not just AZ but America as a whole. Most of the Phoenix area is pretty diverse so no problems there, Flagstaff was also a breath of fresh air when I could enter a restaurant without getting stared down. People were generally friendly and were a surprising amount of interracial couples, and no one gave a crap, lol. If I were you, avoid the more smaller, dirtier, slummy looking cities if you can afford it. One life lesson I've learned is that places where country music or old rock is more prevalent, tread carefully.

Not trying to be negative, just offering a perspective that many would never have to experience.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:52 AM

169 posts, read 155,153 times
Default Being Black in AZ. Is it possible to be prosperous in this Republican State?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Surfer View Post
All I can suggest that if you really want to live in AZ avoid places that tend to swing more towards the trashy way of life. I've lived in Phoenix, and if weren't for the heat I would of loved living there, never had any problems with race whatsoever. I forgot the name, but I want to say the Mills? area was freaking awesome on a Friday night.

If racism is a big deal (I can't blame you there, I've dealt with stupidity from racists here in AZ for near 30 years) just know that it's not just AZ but America as a whole. Most of the Phoenix area is pretty diverse so no problems there, Flagstaff was also a breath of fresh air when I could enter a restaurant without getting stared down. People were generally friendly and were a surprising amount of interracial couples, and no one gave a crap, lol. If I were you, avoid the more smaller, dirtier, slummy looking cities if you can afford it. One life lesson I've learned is that places where country music or old rock is more prevalent, tread carefully.

Not trying to be negative, just offering a perspective that many would never have to experience.
Thank you CyberSurfer! I'm ready for the world and have come to the conclusion that it can't be any worse than IN. I've got to do what I've got to do.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:17 AM

4,073 posts, read 5,190,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecluder617 View Post
Unless, of course, you happen to be a Muslim-American

Hundreds gather in Arizona for armed anti-Muslim protest - The Washington Post
So you base your opinion of a state with millions of people in it on the protest of a few hundred exercising their First Amendment rights?

Old 07-27-2015, 10:19 AM

4,073 posts, read 5,190,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabiya View Post
There are lots of illegal Mexicans in this state so we Arizonans are used to them and are racists against them. You're black, you'll fit in just fine, we got no beef with you. It's the illegals that we Arizonans hate
"Illegal" isn't a race. Most Arizonans, including many immigrants that came here legally, don't like people breaking our laws, regardless of their skin tone.

To the OP: Most people in AZ are going to judge you by your behavior, not your race.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:49 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,957,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fengxg View Post
Arizonians are super friendly. Especially comparing to Californians.

As for republicans, they are not against blacks, they are just against crimes. There is no correlation between crimes and blacks.
Sorry to bust your bubble A black is 27 times more likely to attack a white and 8 times more likely to attack a Hispanic than the other way around. A Hispanic is eight times more likely to attack a white than vice versa.

Quote:
First, we find that during the 2012/2013 period, blacks committed an average of 486,945 violent crimes against whites, whereas whites committed only 99,403 such crimes against blacks. This means blacks were the attackers in 84.5 percent of the violent crimes involving blacks and whites. This figure is consistent with reports from 2008, the last year DOJ released similar statistics. Perhaps not coincidentally, that was the year Mr. Obama was elected president.

Interestingly, we find that violent interracial crime involving blacks and Hispanics occurs in almost exactly the same proportions as black/white crime: Blacks are the attackers 82.5 percent of the time, while Hispanics are attackers only 17.5 percent of the time.

Some observers argue that what causes the overwhelming preponderance of black-on-white over white-on-black violence is “chance of encounter,” due to the fact that there are five times as many whites as blacks in the American population. However, there are only about 30 percent more Hispanics than blacks, yet black-on-Hispanic violence is almost as lopsided as black-on-white violence. This suggests blacks may be deliberately targeting both whites and Hispanics.
A black is 27 times more likely to attack a white and 8 times more likely to attack a Hispanic than the other way around. A Hispanic is eight times more likely to attack a white than vice versa.
New DOJ Statistics on Race and Violent Crime | American Renaissance

Last edited by autism360; 07-30-2015 at 05:00 PM..

Old 07-31-2015, 02:20 PM

31,283 posts, read 22,279,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
Sorry to bust your bubble A black is 27 times more likely to attack a white and 8 times more likely to attack a Hispanic than the other way around. A Hispanic is eight times more likely to attack a white than vice versa.

New DOJ Statistics on Race and Violent Crime | American Renaissance
From the charts White people are the preffered victims by all criminals. Guess the criminals got to go where the money's at.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:40 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,957,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
From the charts White people are the preffered victims by all criminals. Guess the criminals got to go where the money's at.
Yes and the black and hispanic criminals know that they will be protected because entitled white people deserve to be punished and white lives do not matter according to liberal media. Only black lives and illegal aliens lives matter to the liberal media.

Old 08-06-2015, 03:45 AM

604 posts, read 938,056 times
Data indicates since Washington came under control of our current president the economic well being of African Americans has declined significantly. Examine stats on employment and income and results are stunning.

Old 08-06-2015, 09:21 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,752,248 times
I think the conversation has veered in a direction not intended. There are good and bad people in the HUMAN race. Period. I am a journalist and know how stats and numbers can be manipulated to support the researcher's assumptions or prejudices. Please, let's not judge an entire group (white, black, Native, Asian, etc,) by the actions of a few or statistics because it only feeds the stereotypes in the media. All blacks are not violent and all whites are not racist. Again, in response to the OP's initial question, I say yes, an African American can make a living out here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona