Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 06:52 AM

169 posts, read 154,692 times

Advertisements

Are blacks (5-6% population) able to prosper in this Republican State of AZ with a government of LDS members? Is there a secret to this? I have read many posts and seen a few YouTube videos about AZ being a racist state. I play well with others but I don't do well with racism!

Old 07-09-2015, 08:37 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,966,125 times
Your post sounds quite racist in and of itself. So you think Arizonans, Republicans, LDS, etc, are "racist"? I can tell you what, youll do far better here as a black man, then if I (a white man) were to move to a black neighborhood in Detroit. Let that sink in for a moment.

In other words, quit the nonsensical thinking and move where you want to. There are racists of all skin colors in every corner of the world, sadly. Im white and am Republican, and am the furthest thing from a racist. I know that might make your head explode, but hey! hahaha

Old 07-09-2015, 08:50 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
I wasn't aware that LDS and AZ was racist against African Americans. Come out here, we don't have historical racial boundaries like back east, everyone is woven together.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:03 AM

2,773 posts, read 5,726,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Z16 View Post
Are blacks (5-6% population) able to prosper in this Republican State of AZ with a government of LDS members?
What do you mean by prosper?

Old 07-09-2015, 09:07 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
You should not base your opinion of an entire state on some anonymous internet posts and a few YouTube videos. There are racists everywhere, of all colors and multiple religious backgrounds and political views. In that respect, AZ is no different than many, many other places. You are painting with WAY too broad a brush. Yes, there are members of the LDS church in the state legislature. Not all AZ Republican leaders are LDS. Far from it. This is frankly more of a live and let live place. If you come in with the attitude that you want to be a good neighbor and a good businessman/employee/whatever your work might be, and carry that out in your life here, you will be fine. Will you encounter racists at some point? Sure. But that would be the same as lots of other places.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:35 AM

Thank you so much for the reply! Me, being racist is far from the truth. I love everyone! This is the reason I can't deal with racism, it's very hurtful.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:45 AM

Default Being Black in AZ. Is it possible to be prosperous in this Republican State?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
What do you mean by prosper?
Growth...

Old 07-09-2015, 10:01 AM

1,330 posts, read 1,540,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Your post sounds quite racist in and of itself. So you think Arizonans, Republicans, LDS, etc, are "racist"? I can tell you what, youll do far better here as a black man, then if I (a white man) were to move to a black neighborhood in Detroit. Let that sink in for a moment.

In other words, quit the nonsensical thinking and move where you want to. There are racists of all skin colors in every corner of the world, sadly. Im white and am Republican, and am the furthest thing from a racist. I know that might make your head explode, but hey! hahaha
Reps, reps and more reps!!

I've lived in numerous states and overseas. I find that there are good/bad people EVERYWHERE. I simply bring my A-game wherever I go, apply myself, smile and remain open to getting to know others and i've been doing just fine. I don't believe it had anything to do with me being a black female.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:05 AM

816 posts, read 994,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
This is frankly more of a live and let live place. If you come in with the attitude that you want to be a good neighbor and a good businessman/employee/whatever your work might be, and carry that out in your life here, you will be fine.
Unless, of course, you happen to be a Muslim-American

Hundreds gather in Arizona for armed anti-Muslim protest - The Washington Post

Old 07-09-2015, 10:18 AM

Default Being Black in AZ. Is it possible to be prosperous in this Republican State?

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
You should not base your opinion of an entire state on some anonymous internet posts and a few YouTube videos. There are racists everywhere, of all colors and multiple religious backgrounds and political views. In that respect, AZ is no different than many, many other places. You are painting with WAY too broad a brush. Yes, there are members of the LDS church in the state legislature. Not all AZ Republican leaders are LDS. Far from it. This is frankly more of a live and let live place. If you come in with the attitude that you want to be a good neighbor and a good businessman/employee/whatever your work might be, and carry that out in your life here, you will be fine. Will you encounter racists at some point? Sure. But that would be the same as lots of other places.
Thank you for your reply, it's very reassuring! I'm just trying to do my homework. Overall, I feel very hopeful about AZ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona