Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2019, 05:19 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,079,020 times

Advertisements

You're gonna get lambasted ifyer a white hetero sexual male. It's gonna happen. White non-gays are a good target. Unless you're in my yard. God help ya ifya voted for Trump and promulgate it. One cicada and a tarantula hawk in the skimmer basket today. AZ is a terrible place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 03:31 AM

7,643 posts, read 4,589,722 times
I gotta admit, that was just plain therapeutic to write.

Old 07-31-2019, 07:15 AM

4,069 posts, read 5,139,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
I gotta admit, that was just plain therapeutic to write.
Breathing a little bit of freedom of speech are we?

Hey...on another positive note, AZ has the 49th worst public education system (again) according to Wallethub. Why people keep moving here is beyond me.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-wit...-schools/5335/

Old 08-01-2019, 12:47 AM

7,643 posts, read 4,589,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Breathing a little bit of freedom of speech are we?

Hey...on another positive note, AZ has the 49th worst public education system (again) according to Wallethub. Why people keep moving here is beyond me.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-wit...-schools/5335/
How awful. Have your children even been enlightened by the greatness that is area model multiplication?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...5&&FORM=VRDGAR

I think mine started to grow skeptical after a guest speaker spoke to them about how going vegan would end global warming. The schools here may be great and with substantial funding, but maybe we're just not bright enough to benefit from it.

Besides, I'm sure there's some localized areas of terribleness that have some effect on the average.

Old 08-01-2019, 12:11 PM

17 posts, read 20,934 times
Quote:
How awful. Have your children even been enlightened by the greatness that is area model multiplication?

I think mine started to grow skeptical after a guest speaker spoke to them about how going vegan would end global warming. The schools here may be great and with substantial funding, but maybe we're just not bright enough to benefit from it.

Besides, I'm sure there's some localized areas of terribleness that have some effect on the average.
That made my head hurt.. Or you could do..
35x12 = 70x6 = 420
My favourite little trick is multiplying by 11 (or multiples)

72 x 11
Add the 7 and 2 together = 9 , put in the middle
7 9 2

Old 08-01-2019, 01:49 PM

3,884 posts, read 4,534,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamson520 View Post
Please produce this "demand". Was it a certified letter? Or a flyer taped to your front door? I'm curious how this "demand" came specifically addressed to you.
You've never experienced peer pressure? Sometimes families and or so called friends can become toxic in one way or another. In the posters case it was LGBT. My friend has a nephew who is trans and has announced to his world that if you are not out in the street protesting, literally, for trans rights, you are his enemy. Some segments in this society have gone wack, and sometimes the best thing or only thing to do sadly is to just walk away.

But back to the topic... I'd live in Sedona, Prescott or Flagstaff!

Old 08-01-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:

Actually, yes, they have. Now...I see some of the point of some of the common core principles. They are trying to put on paper how your brain reasons to get the answers. Problem is, my son used to LOVE math when he was in 2nd/3rd grade. Then they moved from Saxon to this Common Core garbage. My wife and I were able to help him early on but once they had to start making boxes and break up simple problems...we showed him how it should be done and he would get upset because that was not how they were supposed to do it. Fast Forward after years of confusing and, quite frankly, stupid methods of teaching math and it is the one subject he HATES. Granted he is in Hon Algebra II and at this point Common Core is out the window (he is doing well now once he hit the Algebra/Geometry/Algebra II track...they didn't mess that up) but his years of anxiety over the subject have taken a toll on him.

Unfortunately, our daughter has had similar experiences. They understand when we use "classic" methods but "that is not how we are supposed to do it and I am going to get it wrong". Daughter's hand actually cramped up one night from drawing boxes...

Anyway...probably why our education system is ranked so low. If your student likes Math, don't move here.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:56 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,089,707 times
Default Chili pepper season

A bit off topic in a way (but it's posts like this that have kept this thread open), but do you folks that live down in the valley have to experience the terrible aromas of folks roasting Hatch chili's at various places about town? I am just curious because it is getting close to that time of year.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:28 AM

You know...that is part of the horribleness of living in a city filled with cookie-cutter stucco boxes...you always smell what your neighbor is cooking. This past spring, I was smoking a pork butt in my backyard...happily minding my own business when here comes my neighbor poking his head over the wall to talk about the aroma that was drifting into his yard. Apparently, this poor soul was incredibly hungry (maybe the rising cost of groceries was causing them some financial difficulties?) and complemented me on my endeavors. When I was done with the pork butt and shredded it to provide for my family...I had to take some of it over for him and his wife...we can't let our neighbors go hungry in this desert. People die out here.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:34 PM

24,448 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
A bit off topic in a way (but it's posts like this that have kept this thread open), but do you folks that live down in the valley have to experience the terrible aromas of folks roasting Hatch chili's at various places about town? I am just curious because it is getting close to that time of year.
Gotta message from a E friend a week ago that lives in NM that harvesting and roasting of chilies have started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona