Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2023, 01:15 PM

990 posts, read 515,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Hahaha! Stole this from a friend:
"ARIZONA CAUTION:

In regards to all the people wanting to move here from New York and California as well as many other heavily populated cities across the country, as well as those wanting to visit...

Before you come to Arizona to visit you must be aware of what is happening here. Especially, around the lakes, river & rural Arizona! There's a housing shortage, rent has tripled, and folks are vacationing here in record numbers...

So if you plan on moving here, or just plan on vacationing on our beaches, river bottoms, hill country or lakes this summer, I think you should know that camel spiders, fire ants and bedbugs have infested hotels and motels across the area due to dryer than usual weather.

Our lakes are full of gators, fresh water sharks, and creepy old guys wearing speedos.

Our rivers are full of drunks in tubes peeing themselves while the banjo players lay waiting in the bushes.

Arizona bobcats have eaten many domesticated animals and possibly some small children.

The local bear and coyote population are all 'in heat' and think your wife/girlfriend is hot.

Snakes... don’t even get me started on the water headed copper moccasins here, and the Diamond Back Rattler Cobras.

The poison ivy has overtaken all other vegetation.

We have had bear sightings at every park and town they are after your picnic baskets….and some cougars have been spotted in motel rooms and bars.

Watch out for the jackalopes, they have been extremely aggressive this season.

We have the Skunk Ape invading our parks and it’s their mating season. Porcupines are "stabbing" small children should they dare to utilize the local playground equipment.

Skunks have made their way over and multiplied at unprecedented rates and wander the local campgrounds in packs looking for beer.

Murder hornets!?! We’ve got great black clouds of murder hornets, and swarms of giant crickets and even some Oklahoma grasshoppers.

Scorpions have been congregating in massive quantities under rocks, logs, wooden steps, automobiles, and tarantulas are now stealing peoples food and biting like crazy.

I’m pretty sure all private tiger owners (we had a jump in them after Tiger King) have released their cats into the streets of our cities and towns.

Head lice now fly and we have vampire bats.

Oh, and no one is vaccinated.

I hear Idaho and Louisiana are really nice though.”
On a sad (but truthful) note, a man was attacked and killed by a bear near Prescott yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2023, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodUsernamesWereTaken View Post
There is no snow or ice in SF and every road is filled with craters some affectionately call potholes. I've had to change two tires prematurely in 5 months.

Outside of the ocean, California has nothing compared to AZ and it actually took visiting the state to realize it. The fools are we who continue to let California suck us dry.
I drove the I-40 a good distance in AZ last week. It was pretty bad to be honest.

Old 06-17-2023, 01:47 PM

10,989 posts, read 6,857,477 times
I-40 sucks bigtime between Flagstaff and the New Mexico border but really the whole stretch is a pain. Nothing holds a candle to I-17 though. I will never drive that stretch of interstate again. Homicidal sociopaths abound, especially going north but it's not much better going south.

Old 06-17-2023, 02:38 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,098,004 times
The only plus to Arizona is that it isn't run by the same corrupt uniparty that has turned California into Mexico. Except now those voters are coming here and voting for the same crap all over again.

That’s the plan!

Old 06-17-2023, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I-40 sucks bigtime between Flagstaff and the New Mexico border but really the whole stretch is a pain. Nothing holds a candle to I-17 though. I will never drive that stretch of interstate again. Homicidal sociopaths abound, especially going north but it's not much better going south.
I drive the I-17 from Prescott down to Phoenix and back on occasion, but dont like it at night, its dark sometimes when I am heading north.

Its better than the winding 89 at night though.

Old 06-17-2023, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiringGuru2 View Post

The only plus to Arizona is that it isn't run by the same corrupt uniparty that has turned California into Mexico. Except now those voters are coming here and voting for the same crap all over again.
Many I meet here that moved from California consider themselves refugees from the lefty nonsense that has turned California the way it is now.

The openly pinko transplants I meet are here in Prescott tend to be from other places, like Chicago, Minneapolis and New York.

In 2021 when Yavapai county was debating becoming a 2nd amendment refuge county, one aging anti gun activist from New York got up in a public forum with the board of supervisors and spouted out a laundry list of debunked lefty talking points, and started shouting when somebody openly laughed at her nonsense. It was a cringworthy moment about her public ignorance, but she did state she may move back to New York if the county declares the intent.

*Edit* I also see a lot of Oregon plates here in Yavapai county lately, but havent met anybody that claims seeking refuge from Oregon....

Last edited by AZ Desert Guy; 06-17-2023 at 04:11 PM..

Old 06-18-2023, 07:05 AM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,080,405 times
Our hobos in Arizona are a lot nicer than hobos from other states.

You can tell the local vagabonds from the transplants.

Locals have wide brimmed hats and their shopping carts are filled with water bottles.

The professionals ask for money while on your way OUT of the store....rookies hit you up on the way in.

Old 06-18-2023, 10:17 AM

10,292 posts, read 6,818,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiringGuru2 View Post
Dropped on our head a time or two have we?

Soon, you'll be able to replace the word "Mexico" with the word "Venezuela..."

Old 04-11-2024, 09:41 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,090,239 times
And just when you thought you were safe from this thread, we have moar:

Stinky Plants!
https://www.city-data.com/forum/ariz...ut-stinky.html

And food voucher abuse:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/ariz...ucher-use.html

Seriously, with all these negatives, why would anyone from California or anywhere else for that matter want to ever move here? I'm sure the huge cost difference between here and the neighbor to the west isn't worth all these bad things! New Mexico and Colorado are just as or more pretty.

Old 04-11-2024, 06:23 PM

45 posts, read 38,743 times
I know, I live on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona