Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2016, 07:31 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,091,398 times

Advertisements

Not wanting to let this thread drop off the front page, I found another very compelling reason to spread the Arizona hate. Check out this latest installment found here at city-data.com:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...ater-left.html

So, with all the other links and reasons I have already posted, now we can clearly see that Arizona only has maybe 6 years of water left. That means the desert is going to stay a desert.

Spoiler
For those of you who 'get' this thread, read that one. It is comical as all heck to see what many of the anti-arizona arizonans have posted there. They are actually arguing with all the . . . . 'points'

Last edited by yellowbelle; 06-19-2016 at 08:08 PM.. Reason: discussing moderation. come on now, let's play nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2016, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Bat-killing disease spreads to Washington state

See what I did there, now Washington is a horrible state based off one article. Oh my oh my!
Re-read this thread and maybe some of my other posts. You are missing the point of this thread.

Old 06-18-2016, 07:56 PM

116 posts, read 284,697 times
Thumbs up Yup. Stay away!

Summertime is like living in a furnace. Nasty lightening storms sometimes it's just terrible here.

Old 06-23-2016, 05:36 PM

36 posts, read 49,707 times
Guns are everywhere and it's great. Anyone who has a problem with that would make one of the biggest mistakes of their lives if they moved here. The haters are not welcome here by any means, and that is the straight up honest truth.

Old 06-23-2016, 06:13 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,715,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizfourfam View Post
Summertime is like living in a furnace. Nasty lightening storms sometimes it's just terrible here.
We do not need anymore transplants escaping winter only to complain about summer. Please consider NM. Much more tolerable summers along with a four season climate even in southern areas like Las Cruces.

Old 06-23-2016, 06:19 PM

564 posts, read 448,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Not wanting to let this thread drop off the front page, I found another very compelling reason to spread the Arizona hate. Check out this latest installment found here at city-data.com:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...ater-left.html

So, with all the other links and reasons I have already posted, now we can clearly see that Arizona only has maybe 6 years of water left. That means the desert is going to stay a desert.

Spoiler
For those of you who 'get' this thread, read that one. It is comical as all heck to see what many of the anti-arizona arizonans have posted there. They are actually arguing with all the . . . . 'points'
Not to worry. I found a study that promises the AZ sky will fall in only five years.

There is a wealth of information on the Web. Some of it is even accurate.

Old 06-25-2016, 05:10 PM

Man, oh man. The political corruption of this place knows no bounds. Now the FBI is involved:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...sion-more.html

I am sure that this with all the other reasons should instill in any one thinking about relocating or even visiting Arizona to drastically rethink their plans. I mean from the looks of it, I do not know if there are this many negative threads in any of the other states' sections here.

So that in and of itself should tell all to stay away.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:22 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,956,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Man, oh man. The political corruption of this place knows no bounds. Now the FBI is involved:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...sion-more.html

I am sure that this with all the other reasons should instill in any one thinking about relocating or even visiting Arizona to drastically rethink their plans. I mean from the looks of it, I do not know if there are this many negative threads in any of the other states' sections here.

So that in and of itself should tell all to stay away.
We'll be sure to run it by you before posting.

Old 06-26-2016, 01:48 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,948,076 times
^^^ LOL - Excellent!

And in case we forgot to mention, every living creature or plant in AZ will either, stick, sting, bite, scratch, infect, kick, or EAT you!

Old 06-29-2016, 07:28 AM

7 posts, read 10,305 times
I visited Sierra Vista, AZ for five weeks (March-April) three years ago. It was not the best of circumstances. I was looking for a job there and it was bad timing on my part. It was during the Obama financial sequester in 2013. Needless the say, I did not find the job and had to return to Alabama. However during those five weeks I fell in love with southern Arizona.

I hear alot of complaints about the heat in Arizona like ALL of Arizona is in Phoenix. I checked the temps of where I live in Alabama (Gulf coast) and Sierra Vista. Temperature wise, yes Sierra Vista was a little hotter, 92 degree to Gulf Shores at 90. Then you factor in the heat index (feels like heat). Gulf Shores was 103 while Sierra Vista was 88. Also I'm sure this applies to Arizona, a much larger State, as it does in Alabama. You don't ask a person in Mobile, AL what it's like in Huntsville, AL. Two totally different areas, climates and cultures. Of course all of Alabama is HOT too, just with a humidity you could almost drown in. I did some menial, physical labor when I was in Arizona during a heat wave (got up to the mid 90s). As I told the people I was working with, if I were in Alabama sweat would pouring out of every pore in my body, dripping off my nose and getting into my eyes. While working I think I noticed a couple of damp spots on shirt once. I did keep in mind to drink alot of water. The heat is all in perspective....and location.

As for the dry desert conditions, I guess you can say I liked it. Before going there I had an exaggerated sense of what life was like there, as if it were like the conditions on the fictional sci-fi world of Dune. LOL, no. Yes, sensible water conservation efforts were in place and sensible practices. However, it seems like there are more swimming pools in Arizona than there are in Alabama. The area is accustomed to the dry conditions and operates accordingly. Sprinklers on only at night. In Alabama they water the lawns during a rain, in the afternoon. Another thing I think I would like about Arizona, if I bought a house there probably wouldn't have worry about mowing the lawn so much since most didn't have a lawn. In Alabama you have to choke through a jungle every 10 days. Did I mention the kudzu?

As for the plants and insects. Here in Fort Morgan (off of Gulf Shores) You have Cottonmouth snakes, Copperheads, Pygmy rattlers (very mean and aggressive) and more of your woodland rattlers. We have alligators even coming up on the beaches now. Massive cockroaches that run after you. All kinds of mean nasty spiders. And ALL the flys bite here, yellow flys, green flys and household flies bite. Mosquitos out the kazoo. Only time I was stuck by a cactus was here. Fire ants, don't let me get started on those. They're not that big but they swarm. Then we have, yellow jackets, hornets and all kinds of wasp. I was in Arizona for five weeks, yes I saw some big ants (they didn't swarm) and I did get bit by some flys when I went to Millers Canyon but I guess if you live in any warm climate you're going to have insects. I just can't handle colder climates.

Like I said I was only there five weeks so I'm don't claim to be an expert. There is no place that's perfect, you have to take some of the bad with the good, but I regretted leaving. The people there were friendly, for the most part. Some were taken aback by my accent, but that was expected. I had to curl my tongue sometimes to mimic my California accent ;-). The only real gripe I'll have to say about Arizona is the taxes. Like Alabama they tax EVERYTHING but unlike Alabama, the property taxes are much higher, sometimes three and four times higher.

Other than that I really liked southern Arizona and long to return.
Doug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona