Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2018, 09:17 PM

10,567 posts, read 7,776,236 times

Advertisements

I love the title of this discussion. It's such a common sentiment for residents of many states, resisting others moving in to cramp their style. Well, I'm afraid you're going to get them, nevertheless.

Hopefully for Arizona's sake their will be plenty of young, educated working class people in the mix, not just the typical old farts escaping winter elsewhere.

It won't be this baby boomer, you can count on that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 07:21 PM

7,050 posts, read 6,305,249 times
I was just sitting outside & it hit me..I'm in Arizona. What the heck am I doing in Arizona? How could I have left Minnesota, a state I'd lived in all my life & move across the country to a place I'd visited only once? Why would I move to this terrible place that has coyotes, scorpions & hot, hot weather? How could I have given up the wonderful snow scenes, the excellent lakes & fishing & let's not forget the mosquitoes.

And then the sun sets & I say to myself, oh, I remember why now.

Old 04-06-2018, 08:44 PM

63 posts, read 55,577 times
It's so terrible in AZ ???? That AZ has the #1 Population growth in the Country in 2017 & and 4 of Arizona citys are in the top 5 for the most job growth. https://youtu.be/-tx794DBwEo

Old 04-06-2018, 10:27 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,730,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I was just sitting outside & it hit me..I'm in Arizona. What the heck am I doing in Arizona? How could I have left Minnesota, a state I'd lived in all my life & move across the country to a place I'd visited only once? Why would I move to this terrible place that has coyotes, scorpions & hot, hot weather? How could I have given up the wonderful snow scenes, the excellent lakes & fishing & let's not forget the mosquitoes.

And then the sun sets & I say to myself, oh, I remember why now.
You forgot to mention the killer bees and the upcoming heatwaves! Get it right dude!😊

Old 04-07-2018, 04:01 AM

75 posts, read 121,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post
I love the title of this discussion. It's such a common sentiment for residents of many states, resisting others moving in to cramp their style. Well, I'm afraid you're going to get them, nevertheless.

Hopefully for Arizona's sake their will be plenty of young, educated working class people in the mix, not just the typical old farts escaping winter elsewhere.

Haha! I can see why 'old farts' are trying to escape winter elsewhere b/c I am already despising the cold more & more ... and I haven't reached 40 yet. Didn't bother me at 25.

I, too, hope that educated ones of my generation will come into the AZ area ... not that there is anything wrong with old souls b/c I feel like I have an old soul myself.

When I was visiting AZ, I felt so happy just having my feet on the ground there. I did NOT want to fly back home to NC.

I will just have to remember to keep my dogs paws in mind when walking him there.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:15 AM

7,050 posts, read 6,305,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
You forgot to mention the killer bees and the upcoming heatwaves! Get it right dude!��
It's dudette, but ya, I forgot about the killer bees. I did mention the heat though. Of course, unless you have a heat stroke, you're not going to fall down in the sun -, as opposed to falling on snow & ice. And you don't have to shovel sun from what I hear. Haven't tried it though so not sure.

And, come to think of it, there were two glorious sunsets in Minnesota last year. It was so remarkable the entire neighborhood went out to watch.

Old 04-07-2018, 11:49 AM

2,774 posts, read 5,729,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettie View Post
It's so terrible in AZ ???? That AZ has the #1 Population growth in the Country in 2017 & and 4 of Arizona citys are in the top 5 for the most job growth. https://youtu.be/-tx794DBwEo
Prolly fake news.

Old 04-07-2018, 04:57 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,730,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
It's dudette, but ya, I forgot about the killer bees. I did mention the heat though. Of course, unless you have a heat stroke, you're not going to fall down in the sun -, as opposed to falling on snow & ice. And you don't have to shovel sun from what I hear. Haven't tried it though so not sure.

And, come to think of it, there were two glorious sunsets in Minnesota last year. It was so remarkable the entire neighborhood went out to watch.
I stand corrected, dudette!😉 I was walking into a supermarket today and my back got scorched!😫 It's not even summer yet! That Minnesota sunset sounds awfully nice.

Old 04-07-2018, 05:51 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,303,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
In Phoenix our windows have been shut with the a/c on already. Pretty soon your friends will be like "ahhhh, enjoying the lake in these 80 degree temps" and we'll be like "yeah, quit bragging, our pool water is 100 degrees and my car interior is 250 degrees."
You mean enjoying the humidity, mosquitoes and other bugs, and intense thunderstorms for a limited time?

Old 04-07-2018, 05:53 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,303,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post

Great! I can see why Alaska is much more desirable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona