Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Arizona the best state you have lived in?
yes 31 60.78%
No 11 21.57%
definitely in my top 3 7 13.73%
have not decided yet 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 08:59 PM

1,726 posts, read 1,722,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
We wanted the opinions of those who currently live in Arizona, not those who visited or lived in Az briefly you admitted you do not live here and almost all your posts indicate you live in California. We are not comparing California to AZ because that will turn this thread into a my current state is better than yours and that is not the question that this thread is asking. We all know that more californians move to AZ to escape destruction from liberalism than move from any other state, so that is a settled question.
Stop right there.

I lived in Arizona long enough to determine that I'd rather not spend the rest of my life wilting and withering away in bland, dusty, hellishly hot Phoenix or Tucson while making $55k/year with an advanced degree and years of experience in my field.

I moved to Southern California because almost everything about the area in which I currently live is an improvement from where I was living in Arizona including, but not limited to: the people, weather, scenery, career advancement opportunities, compensation and benefits, civil rights and protections, cultural activities and recreational opportunities.

Arizona must fit you like a glove. Your bitter, resentful attitude is reminiscent of the general mindset I encountered in Phoenix, which is filled with ex-Californians who couldn't hack it here and people from other areas of the country that were too poor and unskilled to even make an successful attempt at moving to California.

If I can recall correctly from your previous posts, you work in customer service.

Well, unless you're a customer service manager at a major corporation, chances are good you and your family probably wouldn't be able to afford a very high standard of living in most halfway desirable areas of California, despite the fact that your autistic child would most likely receive better, more comprehensive services.

I can understand why someone like you would choose Arizona or Florida over California. Those states have a lower COL (with correspondingly lower salaries and wages), so they're more affordable to someone earning $12-15/hour - well, sort of. We all know about the "sunshine tax," which is particularly acute in Florida (more so than Arizona).

Just don't knock those of us who can afford to live comfortable lifestyles in California because, regardless of what you choose to believe, politics play a significantly lesser role in life here than you make it seem. No one is going to forsake a $150k+ job opportunity at a company with room for advancement over gun control and soda policies, LOL.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:15 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,645,144 times
^brilliant post.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:49 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,717,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert_from_back_East View Post
Stop right there.

I lived in Arizona long enough to determine that I'd rather not spend the rest of my life wilting and withering away in bland, dusty, hellishly hot Phoenix or Tucson while making $55k/year with an advanced degree and years of experience in my field.

I moved to Southern California because almost everything about the area in which I currently live is an improvement from where I was living in Arizona including, but not limited to: the people, weather, scenery, career advancement opportunities, compensation and benefits, civil rights and protections, cultural activities and recreational opportunities.

Arizona must fit you like a glove. Your bitter, resentful attitude is reminiscent of the general mindset I encountered in Phoenix, which is filled with ex-Californians who couldn't hack it here and people from other areas of the country that were too poor and unskilled to even make an successful attempt at moving to California.

If I can recall correctly from your previous posts, you work in customer service.

Well, unless you're a customer service manager at a major corporation, chances are good you and your family probably wouldn't be able to afford a very high standard of living in most halfway desirable areas of California, despite the fact that your autistic child would most likely receive better, more comprehensive services.

I can understand why someone like you would choose Arizona or Florida over California. Those states have a lower COL (with correspondingly lower salaries and wages), so they're more affordable to someone earning $12-15/hour - well, sort of. We all know about the "sunshine tax," which is particularly acute in Florida (more so than Arizona).

Just don't knock those of us who can afford to live comfortable lifestyles in California because, regardless of what you choose to believe, politics play a significantly lesser role in life here than you make it seem. No one is going to forsake a $150k+ job opportunity at a company with room for advancement over gun control and soda policies, LOL.
Well stated. I love rural Arizona and California despite different cultures and politics. As with my recent posts, Phoenix is my least favorite aspect of Zona. There is a ton of energy focused amongst the minions here on how they hate CA due to not having guns. Guns and state income taxes are the only difference between AZ and El Centro as far as I am concerned. Other than that, about the same. There are many decent spots that do not break the bank like Temecula /Lake Elsinore, El Cajon and Banning that have decent climates without extreme heat and are an easy drive to the ocean and desert. I personally dig the high desert of Jacumba as well.

There is an inferiority complex as many Zonies know folks in Coastal CA completely ignore what is east of Palm Springs. In turn they rationalize about the "tyrannic stipulations" as a projection to soothe an inferiority complex. I will say this again...Out of every 10 Phoenicians I speak with, 9 would live in Coastal CA if their income was commensurate with the COL. When I frequent Diego and other parts of So Cal I have no issues leaving my guns behind and taking in the ocean. Being originally from NY I dig the offseason where the ocean is 60 and the air is 62. Easy swimming and never crowded after years of swimming in 50 degree water as a lifeguard back in the day when I was in college.In fact, some folks in OB called me crazy for going in without a wetsuit at the Dog Beach a few weeks back. I unfortunately spend less time there when Zonies clog the beaches . The one exception is Oceanside. The two RV Parks Paradise by the Sea and Oceanside RV Park are 1000 ft from Buccaneer Beach which is rarely crowded and is a local beach, not a tourist.

Last edited by magnum0417; 05-04-2016 at 11:14 PM..

Old 05-05-2016, 12:23 AM

2,338 posts, read 4,717,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
Folks it is about liberty and freedom, states that take away freedoms from law abiding citizens,should be avoided at all costs unless you want to be a government slave. This is one of the reasons Arizona is so great it allows for individual freedom and among them is the right to carry a gun, buy a 64oz soda and send my kid to a charter school without having to get permission from a bureaucrat .
Moderator cut: .
As stated, natives and most transplants while we appreciate having the right to carry, carry concealed and is not a topic of conversation when out and about. Most of us understand most watering holes do not allow guns and we leave them in our vehicles.

I am no big shot but do well enough to explore the open land throughout the state and neighboring states almost every weekend. I love Arizona and would encourage anyone out of state to consider a job offer in an area outside of Phoenix.

Unfortunately our national perception is tied to Phoenix and the rest of our vast lovely state is rarely recognized outside of the Grand Canyon and Sedona. As for the Californians I work with their demeanor is Arizona is a solid #2. They yearn in a perfect world to get back to Diego or LA but tend to be accepting of their livelihood in Phoenix. The most brash obnoxious Zonies are from the Heartland through my personal experiences. I believe most of the reckless drivers of caucasian background getting in wrecks screwing up my commute once lived within a 500 mile radius of Chicago. Many of them seem to have some kind of big fish in a little pond syndrome where they think they own Phoenix and have little regard to the different cultures and natives.

Northern Arizona such as Valle where I boondock on acreage of mine actually has strong ties to San Diego. The Grand Canyon Inn (less than half the tourist trap Tusayan charges for hotels) is run by San Diegans and there is a Chargers sign in the bar. I am always sad to leave when the folks I know there and Bedrock City remind me, "Time to head down the mountain again..." Northern Arizona is far fewer Midwesterners in the Prescott Flagstaff corridor and more Californians with second homes or average Joes like in Valle leaving the rat race and wanting to be left alone. There is not the obnoxious Midwest open carrying gun toters clogging the roads in these parts.

Last edited by yellowbelle; 05-06-2016 at 09:40 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 05-05-2016, 12:58 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,947,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert_from_back_East View Post
Stop right there.

You can always tell a liberal because the hate oozes out every time they encounter someone with a point of view that is different from their own and that is why we need President Trump to restore liberty and freedom to this country by defeating liberal policies.

Folks it is about liberty and freedom, states like California that take away freedoms from law abiding citizens,should be avoided at all costs unless you want to be a government slave. This is one of the reasons Arizona is so great it allows for individual freedom and among them is the right to carry a gun, buy a 64oz soda and send my kid to a charter school without having to get permission from a bureaucrat .I also do not want to be forced by the bribed government officials to get vaccinated whenever the drug company wants to increase their profits by mandating a new vaccine that has not been proven safe.

Last edited by autism360; 05-05-2016 at 01:08 PM..

Old 05-05-2016, 02:20 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,645,144 times
Additionally, you can't go around claiming to be pro-liberty and freedom for only those liberties and freedoms that suit your far religious right agenda.

Old 05-05-2016, 02:24 PM

10,750 posts, read 23,822,981 times
I saw the thread topic and thought..... oh cool, neat topic. Leave to this OP to have it degenerate into her own political agenda. Happens every time. How lame and spiteful.

I love Arizona, and it has absolutely nothing to do with politics.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 05-05-2016 at 02:59 PM..

Old 05-06-2016, 03:03 PM

352 posts, read 570,295 times
Default Yup.

YES...trying to get back to Arizona right now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona