Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Prop 205 to Legalize Recreational Marijuana in Arizona
I vote YES. 84 66.14%
I vote NO. 37 29.13%
Undecided / No Opinion 6 4.72%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 02:56 PM

8,045 posts, read 12,281,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Private Prison racket dominating the State legislature who in turn uses the "save the children!" mantra to scare Sally Soccermom and Stanley Senior.
I'm so sick of the "save the children" nonsense because that's exactly what is: pure nonsense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
It's not all Republicans that are anti-freedom and liberty. It's the religious zombies that have polluted the party that advocate further government intrusion and control when it comes to this issue, LGBT rights, women's rights, etc.
I completely agree, which is the main reason why I switched to Libertarian from Republican many years ago. Republicans used to be much more Libertarian in nature in the days of Goldwater, Buckley, and Reagan than they are now.

Old 10-21-2016, 06:06 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,511,797 times
Who's talking politics? I'm against setting your brain cells on fire, then driving your car into me while I safely drive down I-10. Do you guys like ta throw your ciggy butts out the window, too? I'll bet you don't signal your intention to change lanes on the roads, either.

Oh well. It's your brains you're choosing to burn up. Watch your driving - stay at Cha-cha's house smoking that stuff, off of I-10.

Most important part of this message: Go Seahawk's this Sunday! Whooo-hooooooooooo! Now that's a real football team!

Old 10-21-2016, 06:15 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,234,184 times
I think there is more to consider than just "freedom and liberty" in this whole thing. Arizona has some protections due to the Voter Protection Act (prop 105 in 1998) that will make this thing impossible to perfect/work the bugs out if it passes.

The way I understand it, prop 205 makes using MJ a right in Arizona. Do we really want recreational use of MJ to be a right? I'm all about passing a law allowing its use with the legislature having the ability to fix areas that need tweaking and create sensible regulation.

Again, the way I understand it...there are no mechanisms to address problems that may come up once this is passed. We're stuck with what it is and will live with the consequences.

I was going to vote in favor of it until I read a bit more into how poorly it is written and how hard it will be to address any potential and unforeseen issues that may arise after it passes.

I've rethinking my position and researching this more.

Old 10-21-2016, 06:28 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,659,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Who's talking politics? I'm against setting your brain cells on fire, then driving your car into me while I safely drive down I-10. Do you guys like ta throw your ciggy butts out the window, too? I'll bet you don't signal your intention to change lanes on the roads, either.

Oh well. It's your brains you're choosing to burn up. Watch your driving - stay at Cha-cha's house smoking that stuff, off of I-10.

Most important part of this message: Go Seahawk's this Sunday! Whooo-hooooooooooo! Now that's a real football team!
This guy still?? Why do you insist that anyone is in favor of legalizing impaired driving? I suggest you re-read the proposition.

Old 10-21-2016, 06:28 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,970,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
I think there is more to consider than just "freedom and liberty" in this whole thing. Arizona has some protections due to the Voter Protection Act (prop 105 in 1998) that will make this thing impossible to perfect/work the bugs out if it passes.

The way I understand it, prop 205 makes using MJ a right in Arizona. Do we really want recreational use of MJ to be a right? I'm all about passing a law allowing its use with the legislature having the ability to fix areas that need tweaking and create sensible regulation.

Again, the way I understand it...there are no mechanisms to address problems that may come up once this is passed. We're stuck with what it is and will live with the consequences.

I was going to vote in favor of it until I read a bit more into how poorly it is written and how hard it will be to address any potential and unforeseen issues that may arise after it passes.

I've rethinking my position and researching this more.
In no way will the legislature ever legalize Marijuana without a voter initiative. Modifying it will be done through the voters, trust me you don't want the legislature meddling anywhere near this. In fact, they were floating a measure to limit prop 105 as it applies to Marijuana specifically.

It's not perfectly drafted, but it will be litigated heavily into something else in a few years that will likely clear up a lot of the problems.

Old 10-21-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
In no way will the legislature ever legalize Marijuana without a voter initiative. Modifying it will be done through the voters, trust me you don't want the legislature meddling anywhere near this.

It's not perfectly drafted, but it will be litigated heavily into something else in a few years that will likely clear up a lot of the problems.
You're fooling yourself if you think voters will vote to modify prop 205 if it passes. Once they get a victory like this they won't let anyone touch it.

You sound like Nancy Pelosi...we've got to pass the thing to be able to fix it.

I say let's fix it before we pass it. We do that and even my "conservative, right wing, republican" ass will vote in favor of it.

Old 10-21-2016, 06:35 PM

Quote:
This guy still?? Why do you insist that anyone is in favor of legalizing impaired driving? I suggest you re-read the proposition.
I think you better re-read it...what is the legal limit going to be to enforce "impairment" once we make MJ a right? If you don't understand this is going to make enforcement of MJ impairment much harder you've obviously not read the thing.

Old 10-21-2016, 06:36 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,970,568 times
Quote:
You're fooling yourself if you think voters will vote to modify prop 205 if it passes. Once they get a victory like this they won't let anyone touch it.

You sound like Nancy Pelosi...we've got to pass the thing to be able to fix it.

I say let's fix it before we pass it.
Hence the litigation, if this fails, the proposal to limit 105 identified above will pick up steam. That measure is designed to allow the legislature to overturn any recreational marijuana bill by a 51/49 vote as an Arizona Constotutional provision. It failed this time, we might not be so lucky next time.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

Old 10-21-2016, 06:48 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,659,713 times
Quote:
I think you better re-read it...what is the legal limit going to be to enforce "impairment" once we make MJ a right? If you don't understand this is going to make enforcement of MJ impairment much harder you've obviously not read the thing.
What is it now? Legalization changes nothing in terms of LEO practices related to impaired driving.

Old 10-21-2016, 06:51 PM

Quote:
What is it now? Legalization changes nothing in terms of LEO practices related to impaired driving.
If you appear to be impaired and you have MJ in your system TODAY you can be charged with being impairmed. That won't be the case in the future. You having MJ in your system can't be used to prove impairment if 205 passes.

All we'll have if this passes is someone saying "he looked impaired" but we have nothing to prove he was like we do NOW with MJ and Alcohol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona