Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2016, 08:25 PM

2 posts, read 4,013 times

Advertisements

Was thinking of moving to this area. Will have a good job. I have been reading alot of threads. What people are saying. Im white. my daughter is adopted, black, and severely handicapped. Was in the country for several yrs and loving it. was by a small town. It was very racial as alot of small towns are. Moved back out west to be closer to my new grandchild. not liking the big city. and want heat. like smaller towns but can drive other places. did not know what bigotry and racism was until after i adopted . most people have no idea and are in complete denile until after it kicks them in the head. and i have noticed people get affended when it is mentioned. so again how safe is it . I expect the systemic and wierdness because she is disabled. Attemt to be honest without being affended. i want my horses and chickens back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 03:38 PM

13,221 posts, read 21,844,514 times
Not really sure what you're asking. There are tons of threads on Kingman, and you say you've read them. So you know Kingman is safe, except for petty crime in the poorer neighborhoods. If you can afford to live in a nicer area, you're far more likely to enjoy living there than if you live in one of the poorer areas. But that's no different than any other city.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:37 PM

2 posts, read 4,013 times
Guess I am asking ?.... Is the N word rampant. Is a little black Cerebral Palsy non verbal wheekchair person going to be a threat. Is skin heads rampant. Looking for normal middle of the road people. At least the majority. We all have our ups and downs. Just dont want mean. Sincerely.

Old 12-05-2016, 11:17 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,968,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by holly jason View Post
Guess I am asking ?.... Is the N word rampant. Is a little black Cerebral Palsy non verbal wheekchair person going to be a threat. Is skin heads rampant. Looking for normal middle of the road people. At least the majority. We all have our ups and downs. Just dont want mean. Sincerely.
I can't pretend to be any of these categories, but probably not?

Old 12-09-2016, 09:42 PM

13,221 posts, read 21,844,514 times
Gosh, I hate to think that there are people anywhere that would show overt racism to a handicapped child. Again, your experience in any city is probably based on what neighborhood you choose. Overall, I'd say there's not a lot of racial tension in Kingman, because there's very little racial diversity. It's mostly white, a few Hispanics and Native Americans, and I'd guess less than 1% black.

How old is your kid? If she's in elementary school, then pick the Hualapai or Manzanita school districts. Once you get into middle-school and high school there are fewer choices so your kids are more likely to be in classes with a greater mix of kids and more likely to run into a bully from the bad side of town. I guess you can't entirely insulate kids from the world. All in all though I think you'll be fine there.

BTW, kudos to you for adopting and caring for this child. Can't say that enough.

Old 12-10-2016, 11:27 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,097,428 times
Don't know nearly as much about Kingman as kdog does, he used to live there for a long time. But just a note. Even though the percentage of members of the human race with darker skin is low there and other places around AZ, I have yet to see any real discrimination nor any actual 'skin head' enclaves here in this state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: