Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 08:55 PM

55 posts, read 96,331 times

Advertisements

I am planning to move from Alabama to somewhere in the area between Lake havasu city to Laughlin/Bullhead city.
Lake havasu would be first choice. But seems lot better real estate prices in the Laughlin/Bullhead city area.

As long as I am close the Colorado river is main thing and be in low crime area. Could be condo or small house. i see so many cheaper houses in Bullhead . it scares me...LOL See lot in subdivision Holiday Shores. Is that area real bad?

Also see good prices in Mojave Valley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 09:13 PM

98 posts, read 132,978 times
Best thing is to take a trip and see yourself. AA has direct flights now. I live in Laughlin and made the choice shortly after arriving here in 2002. BHC has too many tweakers and down and out ppl for me.

Old 02-25-2017, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N804SY View Post
Best thing is to take a trip and see yourself. AA has direct flights now. I live in Laughlin and made the choice shortly after arriving here in 2002. BHC has too many tweakers and down and out ppl for me.

yes i appreciate your insight in our pm messages. Just seeing what opinions i might get and conversation. I am close to totally taking them off my list per our conversations and other posts i have read.

Me and my wife plan to make drive out there in near future. Havent nailed down dates yet. Hopefully next month some time. Maybe week to check out all areas and look at properties too. Hopefully continue to have conversations and maybe your help.

concerned about Mojave Valley also... BHC and Mojave prices look good and scary at same time. LOL
Right now me and wife leaning toward Laughlin since havasu seems out of our price range. And she has lived in Nevada for a long time. She likes the no state income tax and no tax on food. Also be days ride from her kids and grandkids.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:45 PM

98 posts, read 132,978 times
I thought the name looked familiar LOL. By all means come and check it out for yourself. Like I stated AA has a daily flight in here through PHX too.

I will be back east by the time you get here. One tip when driving into BHC once you pass Home Depot don't stop will you reach Lowe's LOL.

Always here for your questions

Old 02-26-2017, 02:37 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N804SY View Post
Laughlin has no serious shopping; no car repair place, no brand name grocery, and so on. Those shoppers have to cross in Bullhead to buy almost anything.

Old 02-26-2017, 05:30 AM

4,603 posts, read 6,369,290 times
OP...You'd be well advised to plan a pre purchase visit in winter, and summer. Winter brings winter visitors...aka snowbirds. They can frustrate some folks with their driving habits, and can add wait time to restaurant visits and grocery shopping trips. More concerning to me was the incesant strong winter winds that howl down the river valley.
Summer brings extreme heat in July, August and September....yeah, it gets hot and sticky in LA (lower Alabama), but if you've not experienced a summer in LHC, BHC, you are in for a big surprise.....IMO, it would be good to see if you can tolerate the temperature, prior to owning a home.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 02-26-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
OP...You'd be well advised to plan a pre purchase visit in winter, and summer. Winter brings winter visitors...aka snowbirds. They can frustrate some folks with their driving habits, and can add wait time to restaurant visits and grocery shopping trips. More concerning to me was the incesant strong winter winds that howl down the river valley.
Summer brings extreme heat in July, August and September....yeah, it gets hot and sticky in LA (lower Alabama), but if you've not experienced a summer in LHC, BHC, you are in for a big surprise.....IMO, it would be good to see if you can tolerate the temperature, prior to owning a home.

Regards
Gemstone1
Ty for your input.. snowbirds not issue for me. we live 30 minutes from Gulf shores/Orange beach, al at Fla line. Our town and the beach areas are full of snowbirds half the year. local muscians have made cd's just on snowbird season... LOL This area also huge Spring break destination so i am accustomed to that also.

Yes I am used to heat and like being outside in heat. i always have. Spent half my life in sacramento. not as hot as your weather. but been used to dry heat in the low 100 to 110 alot. And with our humidity , summer real feel is 115 most days. I know direct heat will take getting used too. But I think I can manage. I have research winds of the desert. that will be my biggest thing to get accustomed too.

Last edited by Onthehunt49; 02-26-2017 at 09:38 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-26-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Laughlin has no serious shopping; no car repair place, no brand name grocery, and so on. Those shoppers have to cross in Bullhead to buy almost anything.
+

Ty for your input, traveling half hour or so for services is not issue for us if we decide on Laughlin. i have old friend in Lake Havasu and wife has family in vegas. So we would probably do our major shopping on visits.

But I appreciate all comments, this is all about getting local opinions and info for me.

Nobody has mentioned anything about MOHAVE VALLEY that I put in original post?
Anyone have opinion of that area also ?

Old 02-26-2017, 10:55 AM

191 posts, read 344,594 times
We have some friends that retired a few years ago to Ft. Mojave, south of BHC, and they love it there. We went to visit them at the end of summer, our first time there, and really liked the area.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funflyer99 View Post
We have some friends that retired a few years ago to Ft. Mojave, south of BHC, and they love it there. We went to visit them at the end of summer, our first time there, and really liked the area.

that sounds positive.. i have seen few houses I like in Mesquite subdivision between Ft mohave and mohave Valley.

What area did friends move from to Ft Mohave ? So I get idea what geography yall are used too.

thanks for your input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona